Mixing Amcrest & Lorex POE equipment.

DWilson001

n3wb
Reaction score
The key on the POE is that the NVR has POE ports, not POE+ which is a newer POE standard that allows for much higher current. For anything that is POE+ you will need to use a power injector or separate power supply as the regular POE ports on the NVR (nor on my 16 channel Lorex NVR) can handle the power requirements of that camera. Most all of Amcrest's stuff is also, just like Lorex, OEM Dahua. I just looked at the manual on the Amcrest site and that is a Dahua camera - easy to tell by looking at the web ui. Only thing I've run into is some of the OEM's change the default ports around like 35000 instead of 37777, etc. Easy enough to change on the device directly and then the NVR works with it using the Dahua native protocols.

POE and POE+ have the same capabilities in all aspects except for the voltage and current capabilities.

Datasheet from Amcrest - Datasheet from Dahua -
I think the Amcrest data sheet looks oddly similar to page 2 of the Dahua one... lol

With a bit more poking its easy enough to determine exactly which Dahua model your NVR is too. On some of the OEM stuff you can also load the Dahua firmware and get additional features that Lorex, Amcrest, etc often strip out..

Also - newer pure IP recorders are referred to as NVR's. Analog ones as DVR's.. ;)

Hi new-be here.

I was hoping to follow up with the Dauha firmware update on a Lorex (Dahua OEM) NVR. My model is the NR900 (NR908x-N) NVR. I've searched to try to find the Dahua compatible model and I think it's the Dahua NVR422HP8-8-4K but I'm not sure. I've seen different hardware revs of the same model Lorex. So how does one figure out which version of Dahua firmware matches their hardware rev Lorex? I could try to find some and attempt upgrade. But I didn't want to brick my only active NVR. My main board seems to be an N1708 and the NVR was MFG 12,2018.

Another question on firmware and 8/16 channel models. It appears the 8 channel hardware may be capable of 16 channels? Maybe just a firmware update (other than the 8 additional PoE jacks? I say this because I can see the front panel has 16 numbers that HAVE LED's behind them. It appears they just build one board/case/front panel assy, and just change the PoE board from 8 to 16 and change firmware. There is a setting to disable the 8 PoE inputs and run from the main ethernet. Comments? Or should I just buy a 16 channel?

Do you have a site to d-load the Dahua firmware to try??