Money & Economics

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
One of my goals for 2024 is to try and get my head around digital currency. Honestly I feel like a caveman trying to understand the Interwebs when it comes to Bitcoin, tether and the like. It scares the shit out of me because if handled wrong by governments (naw, they wouldnt do that would they?), it will mean the complete end to freedom in so many ways. It could become the final straw to break our way of life.

This is a pretty good article that I'll need to read 5-10X to even scratch the surface.

On The Brink Of A Dramatic Change: The Digitalization Of Money
On The Brink Of A Dramatic Change: The Digitalization Of Money | ZeroHedge

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One of my goals for 2024 is to try and get my head around digital currency. Honestly I feel like a caveman trying to understand the Interwebs when it comes to Bitcoin, tether and the like. It scares the shit out of me because if handled wrong by governments (naw, they wouldnt do that would they?), it will mean the complete end to freedom in so many ways. It could become the final straw to break our way of life.

This is a pretty good article that I'll need to read 5-10X to even scratch the surface.

It should be unsettling ..

Crypto concepts .. one super math genius who discovers a better way to decrypt and / or break encryption can result in the house of crypto collapse .. not certain if I would trust the core national currency to that potential threat ..

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I really see a disaster headed our way. If we ever get like China, one push of a button could wipe out a lifetime of savings. Then the fight to try to get it back begins, and good luck with that...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Canadian government already ran a test run against the truckers and supporters juts last year remember? And they didnt even have a CBDC to make it easy for them.
yup .. and now with anything over $600 require reporting, and inflation .. soon each trip to the local food mart will result in a report ..

Remember, Enrique Tarrio got de-banked in the USA before Jan 6th .. the former leader of the proud boys ..

Nigel Farage got debanked in the UK ..

So debanking already happening here and in the UK also

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Of course.
Water I got plenty of with good filtration. :cool:
Food storage is always a problem in urban areas. Especially here at the swamp. I’ve only got room for 3-4 weeks worth.

Frankly if it gets to that, we have an evac plan 20 miles from here with friends. Sm Farm, goats”, chickens, horses, plenty of stored food, and very defensible. I store excess ammo there now.

Reaction score
LOL, I had no idea a thread like this would exist on IPCamTalk.

I'll just throw something on the pile as a "gold bug from old times".

I don't know if you have all heard of Luke Gromen but his economic analysis might be seriously relatable to prepper/gold types. He is a guy who's not just screaming "They print too much money, she's gonna blow!!!" (which is is how I used to think).

Anyway, in about the first 10 minutes of this interview Luke and Chris explain that:

1) The economy is energy.
2) Energy is mostly oil
3) Oil below a certain price messes up the operations of oil companies (and this price is rising).
4) Oil above a certain price blows up the bond market (and this price is falling)
5) When the prices from 3) and 4) meet, its game over.
6) History says they will sacrifice the currency to defend the bond markets.

Seriously, this will make it real for you if you are still at a simpler level of analysis (as I was for a long time, I'm not bragging here).

Give the first 10 mins a whirl and see if if grabs you.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL, I had no idea a thread like this would exist on IPCamTalk.

I'll just throw something on the pile as a "gold bug from old times".

I don't know if you have all heard of Luke Gromen but his economic analysis might be seriously relatable to prepper/gold types. He is a guy who's not just screaming "They print too much money, she's gonna blow!!!" (which is is how I used to think).

Anyway, in about the first 10 minutes of this interview Luke and Chris explain that:

1) The economy is energy.
2) Energy is mostly oil
3) Oil below a certain price messes up the operations of oil companies (and this price is rising).
4) Oil above a certain price blows up the bond market (and this price is falling)
5) When the prices from 3) and 4) meet, its game over.
6) History says they will sacrifice the currency to defend the bond markets.

Seriously, this will make it real for you if you are still at a simpler level of analysis (as I was for a long time, I'm not bragging here).

Give the first 10 mins a whirl and see if if grabs you.

Thanks .. Luke and Chris should be a solid discussion

Reaction score
California Leftist politicians are absolute idiots.

1712273441886.png