Motion detection

Khal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey,
I have hikvision NVR 8ch Ds7608NI-K2 also installed DS-7604NI-K1/4P
cameras I'm using are Prolux 8mp PXC-62418G-LED. unable to use motion detection on them. Do you think these are not compatible with hikvision nvrs ? Khal

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think these are not compatible with hikvision nvrs ?
On the assumption that they are connected to the NVR using the ONVIF protocol, it depends on whether the cameras issue ONVIF motion event notifications.
You can check if motion event notifications are issued using ONVIF Device Manager

ODM will find ONVIF devices on the same LAN automatically if their IP address is in the same range as that of the PC it's running on.
Example :

Khal

n3wb
Reaction score
On the assumption that they are connected to the NVR using the ONVIF protocol, it depends on whether the cameras issue ONVIF motion event notifications.
You can check if motion event notifications are issued using ONVIF Device Manager

ODM will find ONVIF devices on the same LAN automatically if their IP address is in the same range as that of the PC it's running on.
Example :

Khal

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks for prompt advice, forgot to mention that it is set at hikvision plug and play protocol however I did try to change it to onvif doing the same recording on continuous but not on event.