motion sensor doesn't seem to work

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@wseatonYou make a good point..I have no idea why object detect is on at default, it should not be. 99 percent of the users who have motion detection issues end up resolving them by unchecking it..OP's problem is not related as its uncheked in his images and he has a short make time...its a glitch...deleting the camera and readding it should resolve it. Sensitiviy does not need to be all the way to the left, unless the object is very far in the cameras fov....a shorter make time may be a better option...

wseaton

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah...it caught me off guard at first. Some of my cameras shoot a long distance and people a few hundred feet away moving around won't set them off.

Work perfectly after the settings are maxed though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah...it caught me off guard at first. Some of my cameras shoot a long distance and people a few hundred feet away moving around won't set them off.

Work perfectly after the settings are maxed though.
Im going to mention it to Ken..there are tons of folks who have this issue...

wseaton

n3wb
Reaction score
Works fine for me now, but from a less experienced user standpoint they might find the 'stubborn' default sensitivity settings something that's broke out of the box when it's actually not. Yeah...something to look at.

Not sure what's up with the object detect / reject thing. I just disable it.

Great software in all other respects. I tried about half a dozen packages and BI killed them all, and was cheaper.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Works fine for me now, but from a less experienced user standpoint they might find the 'stubborn' default sensitivity settings something that's broke out of the box when it's actually not. Yeah...something to look at.

Not sure what's up with the object detect / reject thing. I just disable it.

Great software in all other respects. I tried about half a dozen packages and BI killed them all, and was cheaper.
Its explained in the help file but as you can see its only useful in very few scenarios..
The Object detect/reject option (previously "blob detection") provides for more advanced motion detection, and will be an integral part of motion tracking in a future release. After analyzing the image for overall change, an additional algorithm is applied which attempts to identify a region within the image where motion is occurring. If you have the overlay motion map feature enabled, you will see this region represented by a red rectangle. It is the size of the red rectangle that is compared against the Size sensitivity setting.

You should only use the Object detect/reject option when it is likely that there will be one moving object in the view at a time. This is because the software analyzes object motion and will reject motion that is not fluid enough in order to prevent false alarms. The algorithm will only recognize motion that follows a vector, an important precursor to eventual PTZ tracking; erratic object detection will be seen as noise.

kailibuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thank you both. got BI version 4, deleting the camera and reinstalling it made the motion detection work.