Moving green fuzz at night with light on - help please

Smashed

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 4 x 4MP darkfighters. (2 x Turret and 2 X Dome).

For some reason the domes are showing a moving green fuzz whenever the security lights kick in. This happens whether or not the dome flicks over to daylight mode.

As per attached.

I have tried to google without success but cannot work out why it is doing it. I updated the firmware to no avail.

thanks for any pointers.

Attachments

LT20

n3wb
Reaction score
Is that highlighting motion? I'm not familiar with the darkfighters, but my LTS cameras can display where they are detecting motion so that you can fine tune your parameters.

Smashed

n3wb
Reaction score
Is that highlighting motion? I'm not familiar with the darkfighters, but my LTS cameras can display where they are detecting motion so that you can fine tune your parameters.
Thanks, I don't believe so. A green cloud of fuzzy pixels gradually washes over part of the screen over a few seconds. It then falls off the edge (or middle) and starts again.
I don't see anything like that during the day, nor at night on the turrets. And any motion that actually happens doesn't see this behaviour.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 4 x 4MP darkfighters. (2 x Turret and 2 X Dome).
How are you viewing the video? Camera web GUI Live View?

If IE11, check that the webcomponents plugin is at least version 3.0.7.16
If not IE11, try IE11 with the webcomponents plugin installed.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please post a 30+ second video of the problem.
1)What model camera ?
2)Were did you you the camera ?
3)Is the dome clean.
4) Is the gasket around the dome seated correctly ?
Security lights will blind the camera when they turn on.
5) Does the problem last are the lights are on ?
6) how far are the lights from the camera (horizontal and vertical ) ?

LT20

n3wb
Reaction score
When you mention that it washes/travels, It leads me to believe that the lights are fluorescent or LED and flickering or pulsing faster than the eye can detect at 50/60Hz. Have you tried changing shutter speed to see if the pattern changes? I'm not sure if it would help, but are there any options for 50/60hz filters? If the light is hitting the dome/lens, can you shield it so that it doesn't saturate the sensor?

Smashed

n3wb
Reaction score
How are you viewing the video? Camera web GUI Live View?

If IE11, check that the webcomponents plugin is at least version 3.0.7.16
If not IE11, try IE11 with the webcomponents plugin installed.
Watching via direct HDMI output from the NVR DS-7608NI-K2-8P .Thanks

Smashed

n3wb
Reaction score
Please post a 30+ second video of the problem.
1)What model camera ? Hikvision DS-2CD2345FWD-I 2.8mm 4MP H.265+

2)Were did you you the camera ? Unsure, they were 2 additional items purchased by in-laws to add to our existing two.

3) Is the dome clean? (They appear to be).

4) Is the gasket around the dome seated correctly ? I can remove and try again if necessary but I have already had it off once before to check for issues.

Security lights will blind the camera when they turn on.

5) Does the problem last are the lights are on ? The attached video shows it happening when the security light is on, to both a camera in night mode and a camera in daytime mode.

6) how far are the lights from the camera (horizontal and vertical ) ? See attached image. The camera in night-time mode is probably 4 metres above the light and 4 metres across. The other camera is around 2.5m+ horizontal and possibly 50cm lower vertically.
333.jpg

Smashed

n3wb
Reaction score
When you mention that it washes/travels, It leads me to believe that the lights are fluorescent or LED and flickering or pulsing faster than the eye can detect at 50/60Hz. Have you tried changing shutter speed to see if the pattern changes? I'm not sure if it would help, but are there any options for 50/60hz filters? If the light is hitting the dome/lens, can you shield it so that it doesn't saturate the sensor?
I haven't tried that but looking at the video it generally happens on a reflective surface (shed window, hot tub winter cover) although it also happens a bit on the stones on the floor which has confused my logic a little. Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On looking at the video clip, I think @LT20 may be correct in that an artifact of the lighting may be what's being seen.
If so - a way to confirm it would be to experimentally adjust the camera frame rate and see if it substantially alters the rate the band progresses down the live video.

Smashed

n3wb
Reaction score
On looking at the video clip, I think @LT20 may be correct in that an artifact of the lighting may be what's being seen.
If so - a way to confirm it would be to experimentally adjust the camera frame rate and see if it substantially alters the rate the band progresses down the live video.
Thank you, I will have a go at this when I get a chance today / tomorrow.

Windie

n3wb
Reaction score
I had something similar on a 2CD2045FWD darkfighter. Brightest areas in the scene would artifact when I had HLC setting on high. Once lowered no issue.

Smashed

n3wb
Reaction score
I had something similar on a 2CD2045FWD darkfighter. Brightest areas in the scene would artifact when I had HLC setting on high. Once lowered no issue.
Thanks. I haven't had a chance to test it yet. However I did notice that my turret camera is also doing it when the security light comes on(but in purple instead of green).

I will update once I have tested this.

Smashed

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried changing to 60hz but it just stuttered with the same issue. I could see this when connecting on the PC via the IP too.
My current workaround is to switch to custom area BLC mode and set a darker area that is not afflicted by the issue.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The lines most likely caused by multiple light source that are beating against each other. Turn off the light over the white table / cover.

Please Provide at a video of each camera full screen to Youtube, one for each camera.

Smashed

n3wb
Reaction score