multi directional camera

sophie999

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings

I would like to install a camera in the corner of the house, to monitor 2 directions simultaneously, at 90 degree angle. Unfortunately, 2 separate cameras are not an option, as I am already using splitter to wire this camera area from another outdoor camera.
Looking for something with that ability, not terribly expensive. Likely needs 2 sensors. Ideally, both lenses would be configured separately.
In one direction, I need to monitor very short distance, and 2.8mm lens would work. In the other direction, I need to see along the entire house front, and would prefer 4 or 6 mm lens.
Since my NVR is limited to 8mp, both cams need not exceed 8mp combined. Needs to be POE camera.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

jmulvihill

n3wb
Reaction score
Since my NVR is limited to 8mp, both cams need not exceed 8mp combined. Needs to be POE camera.

Any suggestions?

2MP Fisheye with POE. One camera will see both directions, no need for a second camera.
I like this one because of the metal housing. Plastic domes or housings deteriorate outdoors and are easy to break.

Good luck!

sophie999

n3wb
Reaction score

What is the opinion about panoramic cameras? Are they any good for outdoor house surveillance?
I know this one is pricey, but how will it compare to a camera with 2 separate sensors?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the older Axis 3007 in my business. Its ok for what it does inside for me. I have mine wall mounted vertically so I get 180 degrees viewing.

Its good for general overview, but it would be tough to ID a person unless they were REAL close to the camera. I'd take the boobie cam linked above over it if I did it again.

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The other problem you'll face is that the camera will probably be a different brand than your NVR and may have problems connecting to it and using any additional features it may have.

Last edited:

sophie999

n3wb
Reaction score
The other problem you'll face is that the camera will probably be a different brand than you NVR and may have problems connecting to it and using any additional features it may have.
True.
It would be ideal to stick with HV.
This is another contender

Any thoughts on this?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings

I would like to install a camera in the corner of the house, to monitor 2 directions simultaneously, at 90 degree angle. Unfortunately, 2 separate cameras are not an option, as I am already using splitter to wire this camera area from another outdoor camera.
Looking for something with that ability, not terribly expensive. Likely needs 2 sensors. Ideally, both lenses would be configured separately.
In one direction, I need to monitor very short distance, and 2.8mm lens would work. In the other direction, I need to see along the entire house front, and would prefer 4 or 6 mm lens.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hi @sophie999

Probably a good time to consider running a couple of cat6 runs to that corner...

sophie999

n3wb
Reaction score
Probably a good time to consider running a couple of cat6 runs to that corner...

It certainly can be done, but I would need to hire someone later to redo the attic insulation. Done that before, and not eager to go that route again. If that dual head HV camera I referenced in the prior post is a decent one, I will bite the bullet and go with it. Seems like it would fit my needs. Would be nice to have a junction box for it, though.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It certainly can be done, but I would need to hire someone later to redo the attic insulation. Done that before, and not eager to go that route again. If that dual head HV camera I referenced in the prior post is a decent one, I will bite the bullet and go with it. Seems like it would fit my needs. Would be nice to have a junction box for it, though.
The dual head cameras are decent, but often not as good as 2 separate cameras you purposefully pick for the right lens size..