Multiple camera audio streams

clix

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking to build a small camera setup. I have an 8 camera qcam setup but none of the cameras have the built in mics that they were advertised to have and I need audio. So, I'm going to try to build a setup with better quality components now.

I'm wondering if it is possible, and if so, which vendors or software have the capability, to listen to audio streams from more than one camera at a time? For instance, I'd like to be able to have cameras in the front yard and back yard on screen and be able to hear audio from both. I've used tinycam, foscam and amcrest software (not the greatest, I know) and only been able to hear audio when I had just a single camera video stream open.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

clix

n3wb
Reaction score
Any suggestions? If not, is this feature common on lower/mid-grade NVRs that I'll be looking into? If I knew what this feature is called, it would help me narrow down my choices.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any suggestions? If not, is this feature common on lower/mid-grade NVRs that I'll be looking into? If I knew what this feature is called, it would help me narrow down my choices.
Blue iris can do this...

clix

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue iris can do this...
Thanks, this Qcam setup is, fortunately, going to be accepted for return, so I'm starting over on my system. Is it accurate to state that using Blue Iris I will have more freedom to mix and match vendor hardware than going with a NVR appliance?

I've been looking more at Blue Iris, so will need to see how much I need to invest in hardware, if I can repurpose some of the gear I have laying around and what other services I could run on such a machine. I assume trying to run BlueIris with 4-6 cameras along with using the machine as a 4k media streaming device is probably not advisable but will be reading more about options with BI. Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dedicate the machine to vms...otherwise you are asking for problems...
you should be able to do it via the mobile app per these release notes...however, when i tested I cannot do it on the android app, only on the webserver (using IE) or via the pc software...not sure about the ios app.
4.2.7 - December 22, 2015

• Audio is now supported for group as well as group cycle streams via the IE ActiveX, iOS, and Android clients. Audio is automatically mixed and re-sampled appropriately. A new checkbox on the group settings window (gears icon near group selection tool on the PC interface) controls this feature's availability.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
tinyCam Monitor supports listening to multiple audio sources. Just open App Settings - UI & Behavior and enable 'Rec & audio in multiple view'.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
tinyCam Monitor supports listening to multiple audio sources. Just open App Settings - UI & Behavior and enable 'Rec & audio in multiple view'.
Sweet! Just enabled this and it works great. Not entirely sure when it would come in handy, but still cool.