My experience with a "vipcam" A192V2N01

bedouin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea if this camera supports power over Ethernet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea if this camera supports power over Ethernet?

like most junk cams it likely doesnt...you own this camera, test it or look up the specs.

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys , I have 22 of these cheap cameras from China( no brand ) they all have very similar web interface with different Firmware ( update from the china supplier )the only things they ask is a proof ( picture of the Firmware version in the cam Device information Software version ex:V10.1.3.5.1-20170802 )I can tell you that ( I have seen a lot of improvement in the camera operation ).
Since I have the firmware it is possible to (unzip-it )and have a look inside( ex B16CV200HX_V10.1.4.5.1-20170408(1080P).pkg )just change the pkg to .zip extention.The update is done with the camera web interface ( Settings System Initialized Upgrade and you select where the Path/file is on your hard drive. )
Some say do not buy/trust these camera , but there is a revolution out there ( I used to buy brand name and saw a lot of problem/operation problem )so I think ( it is not any worst than the average ) of course we have to be carefull and to change the base password has a minimum.
They used the APP ( IOS and Android )CAMHI that force you to change the defaut password to used the APP.
I am still searching some Forum that are not bias to ( Branded camera )where people exchange their experience.

I hope to help and received some help to secure/improve the security .

Thank s

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys , I have 22 of these cheap cameras from China( no brand ) they all have very similar web interface with different Firmware ( update from the china supplier )the only things they ask is a proof ( picture of the Firmware version in the cam Device information Software version ex:V10.1.3.5.1-20170802 )I can tell you that ( I have seen a lot of improvement in the camera operation ).
Since I have the firmware it is possible to (unzip-it )and have a look inside( ex B16CV200HX_V10.1.4.5.1-20170408(1080P).pkg )just change the pkg to .zip extention.The update is done with the camera web interface ( Settings System Initialized Upgrade and you select where the Path/file is on your hard drive. )
Some say do not buy/trust these camera , but there is a revolution out there ( I used to buy brand name and saw a lot of problem/operation problem )so I think ( it is not any worst than the average ) of course we have to be carefull and to change the base password has a minimum.
They used the APP ( IOS and Android )CAMHI that force you to change the defaut password to used the APP.
I am still searching some Forum that are not bias to ( Branded camera )where people exchange their experience.

I hope to help and received some help to secure/improve the security .

Thank s
there is no revolution out there..these are complete garbage..."brand name" cameras cost a bit more...you were likely buying crap that you though was "brand name"
you do understand that the password is useless if the firmware has an exploit...

bedouin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys , I have 22 of these cheap cameras from China( no brand ) they all have very similar web interface with different Firmware ( update from the china supplier )the only things they ask is a proof ( picture of the Firmware version in the cam Device information Software version ex:V10.1.3.5.1-20170802 )
If you don't mind, could you provide me with this contact information? if you don't feel comfortable doing so in public, feel free to PM me.

Do you have a picture of the cam? I'm wondering if it's the same model as mine.

In what context have you deployed 22 of these? I'm slightly curious.

There is no hurt in trying, but devices such as cameras and routers do not usually perform extraction on a firmware file, so I doubt it's an archive.

Your best bet would probably be to use a hex editor if you want clues about what's in the firmware. The plain strings (i.e., readable text) you find inside might reveal something interesting.

Some say do not buy/trust these camera
It seems that many people in this thread are in countries where the average monthly income might not be particularly high, so these are definitely an option for people who would not have one otherwise. In my particular situation, even inexpensive "good" cameras are marked up during customs to such an extent that they become economically infeasible. At the same time, buying an expensive camera would mean getting an accompanying cage, which would not look very nice above my doorway (and again, probably have a high import tax). If someone should steal/damage one of these cheap cams it's not a huge loss, and I could pick up another one the following day. I've had mine for over a year now and, despite its quirks, I'm pretty satisfied. I'm just happy this thread has helped some other people out, and the experience I gained from this will probably enable me make the best of other "bad" cameras in the future.

of course we have to be carefull and to change the base password has a minimum.
To be honest, you're taking a gamble with any device where you cannot audit the code running on it. With things like the KRACK exploit in the wild, it's prudent to make sure that any sensitive information traveling over your internal network is encrypted (e.g., passwords for file shares, VNC servers) and to avoid password reuse. Unfortunately, that probably won't stop a device with an exploit from getting used in a bot network, but at least that's easily traceable. As for someone peeping at my doorway, they won't find much there except street cats.

Maybe you should launch lowendipcam.com? :) Specialized forums of any kind tend to be populated with enthusiasts and pros who think your gear is garbage, and for their needs and expectations, it often is.

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
$_14.jpg
If you don't mind, could you provide me with this contact information? if you don't feel comfortable doing so in public, feel free to PM me.

Do you have a picture of the cam? I'm wondering if it's the same model as mine.
You can find on Ebay=YUCHENG Wireless WiFi 4X Zoom PTZ IP Camera Pan Tilt Sony CMOS HD 1080P 2.0MP(about 160$ US including shipping )
This is Epacket shipping ( not express )it take about 20 to 30 days to arrive but they declare value like 20$ so there is almost no custom/tax charge.

In what context have you deployed 22 of these? I'm slightly curious.

I am studying them ( what I mean is )at that price 160$ you get everything (sony sensor 4X zoom PTZ wifi sound in-out 1080P 2MP sd recording)but they also have lower model1MP 720P metal case wifi audio for 40$USD and used the same Firmware. So yes if you kill one it does not hurt so much.
They also come from other Chinese supplier ( Suneye serie V,YUZUN,owlcat and other ) that you can buy from Banggood,AliExpress and ebay.
I have been to China Shenzhen to learn ( how to do business with Chinese ) I order about ( one ) a month ( different model feature )and run most on my wifi network . They are onvif compliant so I do connect some on a ( cheap Chinese NVR )again just evaluating for performance ( for now ).

There is no hurt in trying, but devices such as cameras and routers do not usually perform extraction on a firmware file, so I doubt it's an archive.

Your best bet would probably be to use a hex editor if you want clues about what's in the firmware. The plain strings (i.e., readable text) you find inside might reveal something interesting.
Go have a look for yourself , go to ( cd.suneyes.hk ) and download Firmware V10.1.4.5.1-20170804 and Unzip it to have a look.

It seems that many people in this thread are in countries where the average monthly income might not be particularly high, so these are definitely an option for people who would not have one otherwise. In my particular situation, even inexpensive "good" cameras are marked up during customs to such an extent that they become economically infeasible. At the same time, buying an expensive camera would mean getting an accompanying cage, which would not look very nice above my doorway (and again, probably have a high import tax). If someone should steal/damage one of these cheap cams it's not a huge loss, and I could pick up another one the following day. I've had mine for over a year now and, despite its quirks, I'm pretty satisfied. I'm just happy this thread has helped some other people out, and the experience I gained from this will probably enable me make the best of other "bad" cameras in the future.

To be honest, you're taking a gamble with any device where you cannot audit the code running on it. With things like the KRACK exploit in the wild, it's prudent to make sure that any sensitive information traveling over your internal network is encrypted (e.g., passwords for file shares, VNC servers) and to avoid password reuse. Unfortunately, that probably won't stop a device with an exploit from getting used in a bot network, but at least that's easily traceable. As for someone peeping at my doorway, they won't find much there except street cats.

We are all taking a gamble in life ,I am in electronic and was in IT before and learn that a lot of internet device are ( insecure ) but you have to evaluate for yourself if the commodity of remote vision and ( internet of thing ) electric remote control AC outlet is worth your privacy.
These camera have P2P but you can turn-off and used regular port forward/dyndns/port mapping to connect with an App like ( LiveCams Pro )thru a VPN to my Asus router and I think it is pretty secure. Plus of course for more security I can control ( on-off ) with internet of thing power to all/each my
camera ( can anybody can connect when they have no power ) so it is a double system.

Maybe you should launch lowendipcam.com? :) Specialized forums of any kind tend to be populated with enthusiasts and pros who think your gear is garbage, and for their needs and expectations, it often is.

Attachments

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
there is no revolution out there..these are complete garbage..."brand name" cameras cost a bit more...you were likely buying crap that you though was "brand name"
you do understand that the password is useless if the firmware has an exploit...
Hi Ferderman , these camera are improving everyday , I have received the 6 version of Firmware from my Chinese supplier.
You might see this as ( insecure bullshit ) but for me this is better than begging arrogant company that do not fix things
Of course they have a very poor web site ( Chinese/incomplete English )with a Firmware section with nothing in there ,( when you want Firmware you need to ask them ).
There are other Forum ( Russian )that some guy did explain partially how to connect to the 2015 version of the Firmware ( hardwired serial Telnet ) but the hole has been filled( no telnet anymore ).
The problem is ( I do not speak Russian )so a Google translate is not helping enough( he has installed ssh Dropbear in his )so I am looking to do the same .
This is why I try to find-out if anybody is trying (as I do )to Hack these camera.
For me ( a garbage product or Firmware ) is a product that is ( hardware fail and feature do not work as advertised ) but all the feature ( motion detection works )I have no complain to these camera and I see the improvement regulary.

For me camera need to be a minimum 1080P 2Mp wifi/network SD recording 4X zoom PTZ and metal case.
There is nothing in ( Brand name that I can afford )with these feature.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Ferderman , these camera are improving everyday , I have received the 6 version of Firmware from my Chinese supplier.
You might see this as ( insecure bullshit ) but for me this is better than begging arrogant company that do not fix things
Of course they have a very poor web site ( Chinese/incomplete English )with a Firmware section with nothing in there ,( when you want Firmware you need to ask them ).
There are other Forum ( Russian )that some guy did explain partially how to connect to the 2015 version of the Firmware ( hardwired serial Telnet ) but the hole has been filled( no telnet anymore ).
The problem is ( I do not speak Russian )so a Google translate is not helping enough( he has installed ssh Dropbear in his )so I am looking to do the same .
This is why I try to find-out if anybody is trying (as I do )to Hack these camera.
For me ( a garbage product or Firmware ) is a product that is ( hardware fail and feature do not work as advertised ) but all the feature ( motion detection works )I have no complain to these camera and I see the improvement regulary.

For me camera need to be a minimum 1080P 2Mp wifi/network SD recording 4X zoom PTZ and metal case.
There is nothing in ( Brand name that I can afford )with these feature.
Listen you are not the first newbie that though they are getting a great deal on cheap cameras...you will learn the hard way as others have...Do as you please...I am warning my users simply to stay away from this crap....look at all the time you are wasting trying to make the cameras work.....you are comparing crap companies with other crap companies....
you dont need ptz...its very rare to need it...you dont need wifi- wifi is TERRIBLE for surveillance cameras....for example the camera you listed is a direct knockoff of this dahua except the dahua is not water resistant.. Buy SD29204T-GN...there and get free shipping on AliExpress.com are other options from dahua for a bit more than these...dont be pennywise and a pound foolish..

bedouin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Laitram said:
You can find on Ebay=YUCHENG Wireless WiFi 4X Zoom PTZ IP Camera Pan Tilt Sony CMOS HD 1080P 2.0MP(about 160$ US including shipping )
Ahh, much different camera. This is mine. I sort of doubt that the firmware is identical, even though the web interface might be similar.

Laitram said:
Go have a look for yourself , go to ( cd.suneyes.hk ) and download Firmware V10.1.4.5.1-20170804 and Unzip it to have a look.
I'll check it out.

Laitram said:
These camera have P2P but you can turn-off and used regular port forward/dyndns/port mapping to connect with an App like ( LiveCams Pro )thru a VPN to my Asus router and I think it is pretty secure.
I wouldn't even need their app (which requires P2P to be enabled) if the video files weren't saved in some strange proprietary format. Otherwise, I'd just login to my server via sftp and play them back. Oh, and the app is the only way that you can setup motion detection, since it's curiously missing from the web interface

Laitram said:
these camera are improving everyday...I have received the 6 version of Firmware from my Chinese supplier.
That's really the big issue with these. The hardware works as expected, but the firmware...not so much.

Maybe I should track down the supplier for my cam, since the website has no contact information. That might be the only way to get an actual image of the firmware in case I need it, or find out how to get the camera into failsafe mode if it gets bricked, which might require making some kind of serial cable if it's like some other devices I've messed with. I more or less have things working the way I want, but I'm always curious about what else can be achieved. The potential for these cheap cameras is high when you consider what people have done with things like OpenWRT on routers.

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi yes I am surprise that there is a significant difference in price and performance with the same web interface. The model that I order they are more expensive and it never freeze and to my knowledge all the fonctionality are working( I have no complain )except that there not much documentation/web internet.
What I am interested in is ( to get as much info on this interface/Firmware ) the reason is 2 fold .
1-It seam that for the same hardware for a given Cmos sensor size feature chipset ( H35XX )that there 2 very different version interface/Firmware and work with 2 different set of APP .
So for me the quickest way to recognize it on the internet with Google and other search ( web site/forum/APP )is when I see the ( Light blue interface )and the UID format ( AAAA-123456-BBBBB )for the P2P easy way connect config to IOS and Android APP.
The manuel when there is one or mini CD and supplier ( AliExpress,Ebay,Banggood )all say to used CAMHI APP , but I have found at least 10 differents APP ( Keye,My camera+, CCS, XMcam,FDT View,vipcam,iMegacam, like the IOS APP LHCam has the same model of camera( you show ) appering when you start the APP on my Iphone.

So do you have a UID format (AAAA-123456-BBBBB) or other , if so what APP do you used to try the P2P smartphone view/control ?

Personnally the best Smartphone APP to view/control is/from DERICAM the mini picture/config is better than CAMHI , and even if Dericam do not make camera with ( that 1080P resolution/quality )the App work and is very stable ,quick and self detect all my CAM on my home Wireless/LAN.

2-By recouping ( searching/confirming information )from different Forum/Supplier web site .I am finding more info ( reliable info ) wich is not found on one web site ( poor Chinese documentation/info ).
Just to give you an idea ,on the Tenvis Forum (TENVIS IP Camera Forum • Index page) I have learn how to configure the UID (AAAA-123456-BBBBB) into the camera.(They say it do not work for all model and I have not tried on my CAM ( yet )from another supplier )
This is valuable because I did not see/find this information anywhere and it does help me find-out ( how the P2P system work )to understand more about the flaw/insecurity of that system to remote view/control camera .Even if it ( might not work )it does give me clue as to ( how it might work ).

You might have one of the 20 characters UID that work with ( even more APP ) they have the same look/feature/presentation but just work with their Camera.
The camera I have a location to configur different P2P platform ( but I have no clue how to configure or set )to see if it would work with other APP.

When I went in China ( to learn how to do business/import product in Canada ) you are like a big Fish in a pool ( have control and important ) they want to do business with you give you access to Firmware because they have so much to do ( it is far from perfect )they do anything to increase business/sale.

When you buy from reputable/establish company ( you are more like a small Fish in a Ocean )you are the customer the product is Branded/Firmware encrypted, yes in general the product/Firmware is better, more secure but very often still inaccessible ( as they do not want you to play/learn with it ) they do not care ( they just say it is for security ) but of course they proteck their market/customer/distributor and it show in the price .
It is understandable but the best Product/Firmware badly configure might still put you and your personal info at risk if badly configure.

Just by gathering information ( google/web site/Forum ) I have been able to find some camera ( +/- like mine I do not know )that when I set them in CAMHI App in my Iphone is see/control their CAM .
It is not that I want to ( Hack or abuse anything )and some might say ( you see, it is insecure Chinese shit ), they leave the UID in plain site ( on different internet pages ) and leave the camera with the ( default )password.( of course it is just a camera in Russia pointing in a house and it's there someday some not )this is one of the many example.
So yes the P2P easy camera system is insecure if you do not understand how it work and do not follow the basic minimum ( configuration security )and leave info trail on the internet.

It is one of my personal interest and it bring me to study / understand very different aspect of remote viewing/security/internet at a minimal cost.

I am stuck in ( Bold now ).
I hope this post help you as it does help me personally to develop my knowledge so we can take good informed decision.

Thank s

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi yes I am surprise that there is a significant difference in price and performance with the same web interface. The model that I order they are more expensive and it never freeze and to my knowledge all the fonctionality are working( I have no complain )except that there not much documentation/web internet.
What I am interested in is ( to get as much info on this interface/Firmware ) the reason is 2 fold .
1-It seam that for the same hardware for a given Cmos sensor size feature chipset ( H35XX )that there 2 very different version interface/Firmware and work with 2 different set of APP .
So for me the quickest way to recognize it on the internet with Google and other search ( web site/forum/APP )is when I see the ( Light blue interface )and the UID format ( AAAA-123456-BBBBB )for the P2P easy way connect config to IOS and Android APP.
The manuel when there is one or mini CD and supplier ( AliExpress,Ebay,Banggood )all say to used CAMHI APP , but I have found at least 10 differents APP ( Keye,My camera+, CCS, XMcam,FDT View,vipcam,iMegacam, like the IOS APP LHCam has the same model of camera( you show ) appering when you start the APP on my Iphone.

So do you have a UID format (AAAA-123456-BBBBB) or other , if so what APP do you used to try the P2P smartphone view/control ?

Personnally the best Smartphone APP to view/control is/from DERICAM the mini picture/config is better than CAMHI , and even if Dericam do not make camera with ( that 1080P resolution/quality )the App work and is very stable ,quick and self detect all my CAM on my home Wireless/LAN.

2-By recouping ( searching/confirming information )from different Forum/Supplier web site .I am finding more info ( reliable info ) wich is not found on one web site ( poor Chinese documentation/info ).
Just to give you an idea ,on the Tenvis Forum (TENVIS IP Camera Forum • Index page) I have learn how to configure the UID (AAAA-123456-BBBBB) into the camera.(They say it do not work for all model and I have not tried on my CAM ( yet )from another supplier )
This is valuable because I did not see/find this information anywhere and it does help me find-out ( how the P2P system work )to understand more about the flaw/insecurity of that system to remote view/control camera .Even if it ( might not work )it does give me clue as to ( how it might work ).

You might have one of the 20 characters UID that work with ( even more APP ) they have the same look/feature/presentation but just work with their Camera.
The camera I have a location to configur different P2P platform ( but I have no clue how to configure or set )to see if it would work with other APP.

When I went in China ( to learn how to do business/import product in Canada ) you are like a big Fish in a pool ( have control and important ) they want to do business with you give you access to Firmware because they have so much to do ( it is far from perfect )they do anything to increase business/sale.

When you buy from reputable/establish company ( you are more like a small Fish in a Ocean )you are the customer the product is Branded/Firmware encrypted, yes in general the product/Firmware is better, more secure but very often still inaccessible ( as they do not want you to play/learn with it ) they do not care ( they just say it is for security ) but of course they proteck their market/customer/distributor and it show in the price .
It is understandable but the best Product/Firmware badly configure might still put you and your personal info at risk if badly configure.

Just by gathering information ( google/web site/Forum ) I have been able to find some camera ( +/- like mine I do not know )that when I set them in CAMHI App in my Iphone is see/control their CAM .
It is not that I want to ( Hack or abuse anything )and some might say ( you see, it is insecure Chinese shit ), they leave the UID in plain site ( on different internet pages ) and leave the camera with the ( default )password.( of course it is just a camera in Russia pointing in a house and it's there someday some not )this is one of the many example.
So yes the P2P easy camera system is insecure if you do not understand how it work and do not follow the basic minimum ( configuration security )and leave info trail on the internet.

It is one of my personal interest and it bring me to study / understand very different aspect of remote viewing/security/internet at a minimal cost.

I am stuck in ( Bold now ).
I hope this post help you as it does help me personally to develop my knowledge so we can take good informed decision.

Thank s
You just don't have a clue... both about cameras and fundamental security issues...

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Listen you are not the first newbie that though they are getting a great deal on cheap cameras...you will learn the hard way as others have...Do as you please...I am warning my users simply to stay away from this crap....look at all the time you are wasting trying to make the cameras work.....you are comparing crap companies with other crap companies....
you dont need ptz...its very rare to need it...you dont need wifi- wifi is TERRIBLE for surveillance cameras....for example the camera you listed is a direct knockoff of this dahua except the dahua is not water resistant.. Buy SD29204T-GN...there and get free shipping on AliExpress.com are other options from dahua for a bit more than these...dont be pennywise and a pound foolish..
Hi yes a 54 year old newbie that read many Forum and consider some of your advice, the camera you mention has been on my radar for a long time ( at a decent price I just recheck-it )I was still considering going with that brand to study-it further.
Before commiting ( good money )I always research on the product/company but what I have seen is ( as usual )when you buy from Ebay or AliExpress , you think you can/might save some buck but you are stuck with a version of the product ( not for North American market )with a Firmware that you might not be able to upgrade because it was not meet to be sold in USA/Canada ( proteck their distributor ) and because of the distance I will certainely not return any defective to China.

So I have no issue with/decision with product I buy from Ebay or China,( it is not the product but the whole process to get there evaluating if I got my money worth )for thing s that mostly I do not find here.

For me security Camera is just an ( Personal interest ) to keep my electronics skill alive, ( I am in electronic for a US company but mostly exchanging defective board in Canada )so I hack/study camera to do micro electronic at a reasonable cost and I bring me to research to the very many aspect of internet security networking.

I have no security issue ( live in a very secure neibourhood in Montreal Canada )and travel ( most times for my work )mostly in Canada,USA,Europe.
But I see a trend ( business and for regular folk s )regarding security ( been and intrusion in their live or to secure their belonging )and give me opportunity to witness and test security, sorry if there is/are mistake my native Language is French.

The revolution come where ( we are global now )before you were buying product from a local shop ( I know I was one )and were relying on expertise locally.
My personal impression ( there is no expert anymore )we live in a complex world ( knowledge is money ) so it is either you get/learn for yourself or you pay somebody ( that you trust up to a level ) to fix / answer your question ( been security or just to help to buy the right smartphone ) I tought electronic because it touch every aspect of life.

This is one of the rare time that ( I participate in a forum ) most of my time it is more about ( learning because everything change so fast )and helping people when I think I know enough until I am prove wrong.
A lot of Folk s ( this include me )do not know all the repercussion of the ( internet trail )we leave when using smartphone and electronic gadget/surveillance.
So the best is to be prudent ( but it is difficult to get a clear picture/understanding ).

This is a security Forum ( Firmware/Hardware )I am not on Facebook ( not yet )I will probably( participate )when I see-it more good/ usefull or be force to it .

Security gadget is about the same ( you do not wanted/invest ) unless you ( feel/ obligated to it )because it always involve a personal price/inconvenience.

I hope more Folks will exchange ( about their personal hobby security concern opignon )as we all learn from it.

Thank s

bedouin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, my cam has the same 15 digit ID. I use the vipcam app, but might check out the other one you suggested.

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Bedouin , do you still have your camera and used VIPCam APP ? ( nice discussion about the video format )
Time goes fast , i have found new supplier of those ChineseCam ( they get the basic video sensor hardware from vendor and add their own lens and motor ) and they called them their own , no problem with that they are pretty competitive between themselve ( sell on Ebay or aliExpress ).
The Firmware still evolve ( bug get corrected ) , i am still at trying to find more technical info and reverse Engineering at my spare time.
There is a distinction to make between ( plastic real cheap optical sensor OV ) and better quality hardware ( metal case sony IMX323 sensor ) personaly i do buy and used the better hardware one.
This is a nice hobby , they made a new APP CamHiPro but used mostly LiveCams Pro to view/control my cams.

bedouin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm still using mine. I also picked up this EasyN 187. The web interface looks different than the vipcam's, but the RTSP URL is identical and it behaves very similar. So far no problems. It saves the video as ordinary AVI files that open in VLC, unlike the vipcam.

The vipcam app is broken on my iPad, but works fine on my iPhone. I use other means to view the cam at this point anyway, so not a big deal.

Laitram

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the EasyN used the (AAAA-123456-BBBBB)UID format and work with the vipcam App ?
I am asking because i am researching any cam/company that used the UID format(AAAA-123456-BBBBB) to test the performance of their App and check their support site/Forum just to study to get as much info as possible.

I do not really understand what you mean RTSP URL , you mean you can connect with Internet Explorer ? or what
Personnally i prefer a more rugged camera like AliExpress HQCAM Camhi 1080P Mini Waterproof IP66 camera TF card slot IR Night Vision IP Camera Outdoor 65$ Canadian
with same interface ( the blue powder interface )device type C6F0SgZ3N0P5L2. This code describe the Hardware option of the camera.
Have you tried the CAMHI and CAMHIPRO App or something more fancy like Live Cams Pro for IPhone.

bedouin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does the EasyN used the (AAAA-123456-BBBBB)UID format and work with the vipcam App ?
Nope.

I do not really understand what you mean RTSP URL , you mean you can connect with Internet Explorer ?
You can view the cam without using the manufacturer’s app, using a program like VLC.

Have you tried the CAMHI and CAMHIPRO App or something more fancy like Live Cams Pro for IPhone.
I tried the latter yesterday and found the localization to be so horrendous that I couldn’t be bothered the continue using it. CamHi seems to be pretty good, though. Thanks for the tip. You can actually use the scrubber when playing back videos…

I haven’t checked out Live Cams Pro yet, but if it can let me view all three of my cams simultaneously(each from a different manufacturer) I might look into it.

EDIT: The sadist in me wondered what would happen if I tapped “check for firmware update” in the CamHi app. It simply said it was already at the latest version.

Last edited:

bedouin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
… more fancy like Live Cams Pro for IPhone.
I checked out LiveCams Pro tonight and managed to get all three cameras working with it, including one from D-Link. This is going to be my primary app from now on.

Reaction score
Imagine how much just "good" products end up costing . . .
I bought following from @EMPIRETECANDY and would say perfectly satisfied, I think you just bought the wrong camera from the wrong place.
  • IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE ~ $120
  • IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M ~ $175 (this is technically two cameras)
  • IPC-HDBW4231F-AS ~ $120
Showed the feed to a few coworkers lately and one was like "wow! that's really a good picture, how much did that camera cost you?! Sure beats the h3ll out of my Ring." Didn't have the heart to tell him it cost half as much as his Ring.
It's not nighttime, but it does "ok" (with all the "dome" problems like distortion from crap/bugs on the lens), maybe compare it to your $67 and $107 camera: