My first capture post! Petty and Political...

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Find out where your right of way line is out front. Looks like you may have put your sign in Public R/W and not your property. Could make a difference when trying to prosecute. Great job on your camera setup, looks good!

Reaction score
Good job @MrSurly! On your next sign attach a dog running line to it, so when they grab it and take off it will hopefully yank them off that damn motor cycle. :angry: Ugh i can't stand vandals and thieves. But i will pray for them. I am a god fearing christian and i pray for every one good or bad, let me begin. God please allow the wheels to fall off that motor cycle the next time they steal from mrsurly's property. AMEN

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
File a criminal complaint. Those fools need to learn the hard way.
Absolutely.
If enforcement balks regarding right of way vs. private property, then there's no helmets (if there's a law there), likely no license plate or possibly no motorcycle endorsement on the driver's license (if there is one on their person)....at the very least, some form of mischief, I would hope.

At the very least, scare the crap out them or have them do some community service....take away most of a Saturday instead of a fine.

I do NOT like thieves, pretty or not. :mad:

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like you may have put your sign in Public R/W and not your property.
Like you I'm just eyeballing it from a clip but I disagree...looks like private property to me.

The larger (deeper) utility easement is across the street where the power poles are at, MrSurly's side certainly has an easement as well but most residential ROW's are measured from the center-line of the roadway, I'd be surprised if the ROW extends more than 20 feet from that center-line so I'd say he was not in the public ROW. His other sign that they didn't take very definitely looks like not in the ROW......but again, just visually guessing.:idk:

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Nice work. I'm curious how you have the cameras set up in the mailbox. I'm planning to do something like that.. Are they clearly visible or disguised? Did you run a cable out to them?

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Find out where your right of way line is out front. Looks like you may have put your sign in Public R/W and not your property. Could make a difference when trying to prosecute. Great job on your camera setup, looks good!
I think it is called an 'easement' - it is still your private property but the city/county or whatever is entitled to use your property for certain reasons. In any case, according to you, if I have my car parked on the 'public right of way' and someone steals something from it - I can't do anything about it?

OP - Great shots

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice work. I'm curious how you have the cameras set up in the mailbox. I'm planning to do something like that.. Are they clearly visible or disguised? Did you run a cable out to them?
Hi Jessie

Look for his thread on this.. very nice custom setup...

MrSurly did a very impressive job on this one:

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would REALLY like to have a mailbox camera, but the location of my box is surrounded by concrete with no way to get a cable to it.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi Jessie

Look for his thread on this.. very nice custom setup...

MrSurly did a very impressive job on this one:
Thanks for the links. Just read all of his previous threads on the mailbox. Very nice work.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I would REALLY like to have a mailbox camera, but the location of my box is surrounded by concrete with no way to get a cable to it.
I'd love to have one as well but we don't have mailboxes in our subdivision. We get our mail at the community mail box which stinks.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Our mailbox is across the street, rural area. If I ever do stone/brick/concrete pillars at the end of the driveway I'll be putting some into them.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Our mailbox is across the street, rural area. If I ever do stone/brick/concrete pillars at the end of the driveway I'll be putting some into them.
Same scenario here, box is across this rural road.
I've been thinking of a street address marker on this side, and some sort of way to hide the cams....strainin' my brain (doesn't take much nowadays). :idk: