My First IP Cam for Front Door - Which one

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking to purchase my first IPCam with Audio / Microphone - would like to be able to talk back if possible, for my front door. Going with BI and want something really nice.

Anyone got any suggestions?

### POST WAS MOVED TO CAMERAS

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking to purchase my first IPCam with Audio / Microphone - would like to be able to talk back if possible, for my front door. Going with BI and want something really nice.

Hi @botics - if you want to talk back - you want to look at an intercom type setup. Like the Dahua villa station line, Hikvision and others should have a line for those also.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

If you want to talk back, look at this camera. IPC-HFW1831C-PIR 8MP WDR IR Mini Bullet Network Camera / Active Deterrence
Not only can you talk back, but you can use the PIR sensor to trigger blue iris to play an audio file of your choice and/or send you an alert.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wish Dahua would come out with a 2MP Starlight version of the 1831C-PIR.

I like the 1831C's PIR sensor, alarm light, and speaker <although I haven't messed much with talking-back through it>, but I really, really miss the non-grainy low-light image quality I got when I had a Starlight camera (like the 4231F-AS) on the porch.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish Dahua would come out with a 2MP Starlight version of the 1831C-PIR.

I like the 1831C's PIR sensor, alarm light, and speaker <although I haven't messed much with talking-back through it>, but I really, really miss the non-grainy low-light image quality I got when I had a Starlight camera (like the 4231F-AS) on the porch.
As a front door camera its more than sufficient. If you are trying to capture further out, then yes.