MY OWN NEIGHBORS throwing their empty modellos outside my house

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At this point I'd have a whole skyscraper constructed

I did manage to get in contact with HPD, who said they would go speak to them. Usually they just brush littering off
Yeah unfortunately it will probably be just a warning, if anything at all. To many breaks are given to shitty people that don't deserve them or appreciate it..which is why you are dealing with the shit you are, and all the other ridiculousness going on in these democrat ran cities. Kudos for taking care of your property and your neighborhood.

Reaction score
Public Data for license plates, but since I know where they live you can also look up HCAD property tax records. Of course it doesn't help if they rent (Hint, the ones throwing trash ALWAYS do)

Public Data is quite outdated though, so you can't use it on its own, you usually have to verify the information is accurate
Thanks. I was wondering if you had access to some service I hadn't heard about. Knowing where they live makes all the difference. I had assumed from your previous post that you located their address from their plate, but apparently not.

Reaction score
I did, I ran the plate and it showed the across right behind me. I walked over there and saw the car, and recognized that it was often there too (So in this case, Public Data was accurate)
So what site or service allowed you to run the plate and get the registrant's address? The public databases I've seen can only associate the plate with the vehicle make and model.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
So what site or service allowed you to run the plate and get the registrant's address? The public databases I've seen can only associate the plate with the vehicle make and model.
PublicData.com, not sure I really recommend them with the data being so old though. They also don't cover all states, only the ones they list

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't too bad when I first signed up. Most seemed correct unless someone had a brand new plate or sold the car in which case it would either not show up at all, or show outdated information

But now as time goes on with no updates, its getting pretty tough to use. A lot of plates I search come back to nothing. My own plates that are 2+ years old still come back to nothing

Worse, it counts a look up even when it doesn't return any information. I feel like if it returns nothing, that should be free

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't too bad when I first signed up. Most seemed correct unless someone had a brand new plate or sold the car in which case it would either not show up at all, or show outdated information

But now as time goes on with no updates, its getting pretty tough to use. A lot of plates I search come back to nothing. My own plates that are 2+ years old still come back to nothing

Worse, it counts a look up even when it doesn't return any information. I feel like if it returns nothing, that should be free
What a ripoff. If it really was "public data", it should be free! :lmao:
But you're definitely correct, if they can't provide data, it should not be charged. What a scam!

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My Neighbor’s golf cart got stolen and I captured it on video. They ended up catching the guys because they stole multiple golf carts that night. When I showed the detective my video they took it as evidence. It has been a complete hassle for me because the people that stole it were minors and they have no money. I am now on my sixth subpoena for court and it just keeps getting delayed for various reasons. Unless it was a more serious crime or for myself I would never again submit video as the hassle just isn’t worth it.

In Florida I just can’t sign an affidavit and be done, I have to appear in court.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does that also apply if you were to have an officer extract the video clips him or herself. Iow's would that chain of custody impact positively or not?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My Neighbor’s golf cart got stolen and I captured it on video. They ended up catching the guys because they stole multiple golf carts that night. When I showed the detective my video they took it as evidence. It has been a complete hassle for me because the people that stole it were minors and they have no money. I am now on my sixth subpoena for court and it just keeps getting delayed for various reasons. Unless it was a more serious crime or for myself I would never again submit video as the hassle just isn’t worth it.

In Florida I just can’t sign an affidavit and be done, I have to appear in court.
Just dont show up. They are not coming after you. Tell the prosecutor from the get go that you should be notified only if the case is ready for trial otherwise you are not cooperating.

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

My experience is the opposite but, the case I'm involved with doesn't appear to be headed for trial and I'm technically the victim not just a witness. A package was stolen from my porch and captured on video. The assistant state attorney has asked for my feedback regarding penalties. I will say, it was a lot of follow up with the detectives handling the case and I have made the time to be at every court appearance for the case. Dealing with Orange County 9th District court and no subpoenas yet. Good luck and please, even though a pain in the ass, submit those videos everytime.