Need a NVR that is Compatible with SnapAV/Wirepath

Reaction score
We recently moved into a house that is wired with 8 POE SnapAV/Wirepath Cameras. I need a NVR for the system. SnapAV/Wirepath does not deal with the consumer. The local rep will not return calls. I am very handy and having to rely on a registered rep etc is frustrating. Just want to get these cameras up and running. Is there any NVR that is compatible with these cameras I can purchase as a consumer?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any NVR that is compatible with these cameras I can purchase as a consumer?
The product info for the brand suggests that their IP camera are ONVIF compatible.
If you are able to power the cameras (maybe an active PoE injector or a 12v DC power supply) you should be able to query them with ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net to confirm what level of support they provide.
If that looks OK, just pick an NVR that has the ability to use ONVIF cameras, as most do, and you should be all set.

Reaction score
Thanks! I did find a SnapAV NVR on ebay but their NVRs are $1000+. Trying to find something a bit more inexpensive. Any suggestions on ONVIF compatible NVRs?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! I did find a SnapAV NVR on ebay but their NVRs are $1000+. Trying to find something a bit more inexpensive. Any suggestions on ONVIF compatible NVRs?
Their entire product line is insanely overpriced..both dahua and hikvision make onvif nvr's...note that lots of their cameras are rebranded hikvision...so likely their NVR is as well..post the model numbers of the cameras.
If you want the ultimate compatibility look at using a pc based vms like milestone or blue iris.

Reaction score
Their entire product line is insanely overpriced..both dahua and hikvision make onvif nvr's...note that lots of their cameras are rebranded hikvision...so likely their NVR is as well..post the model numbers of the cameras.
If you want the ultimate compatibility look at using a pc based vms like milestone or blue iris.
These are the two I have.

Wirepath™ Surveillance 750 Series Bullet IP Outdoor Camera
WPS-750-BUL-IP-GR

Wirepath™ Surveillance 750 Series Dome IP Outdoor Camera
WPS-750-DOM-IP-BL

Would appreciate any insight on a NVR that these would be compatible with.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
These are the two I have.

WPS-750-BUL-IP-GR

WPS-750-DOM-IP-BL

Would appreciate any insight on a NVR that these would be compatible with.
Not sure who makes those...onvif is tricky, it will work for video and constant recording, but motion detection is hit or miss...no one can guarantee anything....if you go with a pc based vms this wont be an issue.