Need Advice: Outdoor POE 1080p Connect to NAS

RedSoxFan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new here and the process of finding 6 outdoor cameras has been a little daunting. Total NOVICE here. Oh, and ignore "bullet" in subject- I'm open to other suggestions too. I just currently use the bullet style.
  1. I have a terrible "securityman" wireless system now that is plugged into an indoor monitor.
  2. I then purchased a Night Owl 720p wired bnc system with a lot of Q-See bnc cable that is still in the box in my basement.
I then came to my senses and have settled on buying a 1080p (at least), POE system that I will connect to my QNAP TS-453A 4 bay system and I guess buy a couple of more camera "licenses". Originally, I was going to buy a whole system with an NVR but I have plenty of space on my NAS.

Needs:
  1. 6 outdoor cameras for the 4 corners of the house.
  2. POE system as I'm running Cat 6
  3. Ability to view cameras on a smart phone or ipad remotely.
  4. Ability to record via motion detection.
  5. Night time and Daytime
  6. Pan and tilt and zoom are very nice but not necessary.
I'm trying to spend less than 1K for these 6 cameras. Less than $500 would be even more amazing. What do you all recommend? Iv'e seen a lot on the Reolink's but have also seen some negative stuff on this forum about them. A friend of mine recommended the GW Security 8 Channel but I think it comes with the NVR.

Where to go? Any advice guys?

Last edited: