Need an opinion on EZVIZ BN-1824A2

nites07

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking for a good bang for buck system. I'll be installing everything myself. What I'm looking for is:

POE
1080p
4 channel or 8 channel
4 cameras
Somewhat decent support
Decent night vision

My budget is $500 CAD.

The current system Im looking at is this:

https://www.amazon.ca/EZVIZ-Security-Weatherproof-Cameras-Channel/dp/B01682JT82/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546428361&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=EZVIZ+BN-1824A2&dpPl=1&dpID=41fdy8-cr3L&ref=plSrch

Has anyone else owned a Ezviz system before?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not I, but that system is most assuredly complete junk. However, if you ask no questions, and go ahead and purchase it you'll probably never realize this. My advice would be to contact Andy @EMPIRETECANDY and get a price for three (3) Dahua 2MP Starlight cameras and an 8-channel Dahua NVR. While you'll probably pay a tad more for Andy's system you'll be rewarded with some of the best video you can obtain and you'll most likely be able to get all the support you need right here brother. Thumbsmiley20.gif

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for a good bang for buck system. I'll be installing everything myself. What I'm looking for is:

POE
1080p
4 channel or 8 channel
4 cameras
Somewhat decent support
Decent night vision

My budget is $500 CAD.

The current system Im looking at is this:

https://www.amazon.ca/EZVIZ-Security-Weatherproof-Cameras-Channel/dp/B01682JT82/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546428361&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=EZVIZ+BN-1824A2&dpPl=1&dpID=41fdy8-cr3L&ref=plSrch

Hi @nites07

I understand EZVIZ is a Hikvision brand. Also I have been informed that in the USA that the 1080p EZVIZ cameras and kits maybe discontinued ( B&H in the USA had some really good prices on the 4 port and 8 port kits before Christmas - but many purchasers of those kits reported that they had to buy a 2nd kit to get more cameras as individual cameras were hard to find )

Do see the cliff notes on cabling, and do a good job on the cabling so that one day you can upgrade whatever you get.

A big part of a good reliable installation is taking a little care into installing the cabling and picking good placements for the cameras.

Also, skip any 4 port kits - you will eventually want more than 4 cameras.

nites07

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks matt. I have lots of experience cabling experience since it pertains towards my line of work. Would you consider and alternatives to the EZVIZ around the same price?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks matt. I have lots of experience cabling experience since it pertains towards my line of work. Would you consider and alternatives to the EZVIZ around the same price?
Hi @nites07

I don't know the Canadian market prices nor vendor options well.

In general, in the USA I found that the cheapest kit which I felt ok accepting the compromises on runs about $600-700 USD when it is at a deal price. Nicer kits are typically running in the USA for $1K+