Need help connecting LTS Doorbell with Lorex NVR

swooosh83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting my LTS Doorbell (LTK6128W-WIFI) with my Lorex NVR (LNR6826K).

Platinum IP Cube Network 3.2MP - WIFI, CMIP8932-W

IP Camera System with 6 Ultra HD 4K Security Cameras & Lorex Secure Connectivity

The NVR didn't detect the device automatically. So, I tried to add the device manually in the NVR. I entered the IP address, TCP port, username, and password, but it said "The login return time is up."

I also tried to access the IP address in my PC's web browser, but it said that the address "refused to connect." The doorbell cam works fine, but I'd like my NVR to record what the cam sees. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!

techip

n3wb
Reaction score
The Lorex NVR (LNR6826K) is most likely not compatible with the LTS Doorbell (LTK6128W-WIFI). The LTS Doorbell (LTK6128W-WIFI) is a rebranded Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP. While many of the newer Lorex NVRs are rebranded Dahua NVRs, I'm not sure if this particular Lorex NVR LNR61082T is.

Let us know what you find out.

Last edited:

swooosh83

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried using an ONVIF protocol, tried changing the IP address of the doorbell, but still no luck.

So, along with the LTS Doorbell and Lorex system (IP Cams and NVR), I also have a Dahua Turret (IPC-HDW5830R-Z).
IPC-HDW5830R-Z - Dahua Technology

The turret works fine with the Lorex NVR. But I'd like for the Doorbell cam to be recorded, too. What are my options at this point? Should I get a new NVR?

CYANiDE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you post a screen shot of the config options when you go directly to the doorbell? I'm thinking you have to set it to ONVIF on that end.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is BI a one time or recurring cost? I'd prefer the former.
its a one time cost...its 60 dollars + 10 dollars for the mobile app...you will have to pay again IF you choose to upgrade when the next major revision is released (version 5)...in the past those upgrades were half price...you can continue using version 4 for free for as long as you wish...

swooosh83

n3wb
Reaction score
CYANiDE said:
Just posted on your thread at IPCT. How is the doorbell working even though you can't see the webpage? Is it only visible through the app?
Can you post a screen shot of the config options when you go directly to the doorbell? I'm thinking you have to set it to ONVIF on that end.
Thanks for responding to my posts. I can access the doorbell through the app and through the NVMS7000 Client on my PC. Here are some screenshots of the config options.

ss1.png ss2.png ss3.png

CYANiDE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seems weird that you can't see the web page of the door bell but I haven't been able to play with it yet. I can take a guess that there is no driver for the doorbell in NVMS that will let you configure it. Can you try a different browser? Any chance that it is a conflicting IP within your local network?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried using an ONVIF protocol, tried changing the IP address of the doorbell, but still no luck.

So, along with the LTS Doorbell and Lorex system (IP Cams and NVR), I also have a Dahua Turret (IPC-HDW5830R-Z).
IPC-HDW5830R-Z - Dahua Technology

The turret works fine with the Lorex NVR. But I'd like for the Doorbell cam to be recorded, too. What are my options at this point? Should I get a new NVR?
Hi Swoosh83,

Checkout the following link
Connecting a Hikvision or Onvif IP Camera to a Dahua NVR

Also note, some cameras require that you enable ONVIF

Note: Here's the notes from Nelly's on their version of this camera:
H Series Doorbell Camera Quickstart Guide - Nelly's Security

Last edited:

swooosh83

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems weird that you can't see the web page of the door bell but I haven't been able to play with it yet. I can take a guess that there is no driver for the doorbell in NVMS that will let you configure it. Can you try a different browser? Any chance that it is a conflicting IP within your local network?
I tried a different browser, it "refused to connect." I didn't see any other devices with the same IP. I tried changing the IP address, and got the same "refuse to connect" message in my browser.

swooosh83

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's help! I got it to work!

I updated the firmware for the doorbell via cell phone app. This assigned the doorbell a new ip address, so I updated the NVMS7000 client (of the doorbell) to reflect that. I also logged into the web interface for the NVR and added the Doorbell with the new ip address, via ONVIF protocol, and it worked!

The web interface for the doorbell also works now. I downloaded the plug-in (PC) but I'm having trouble viewing anything. The LTS website only has web components for mac, so I'll try that later. The NVR won't let me change the camera settings of the doorbell. Not complaining, just providing info for anyone else who's interested.

The doorbell still notifies my cell when rung, and I get video and audio.

Thanks again for your help and time! I really appreciate it!

CYANiDE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Glad that a firmware update worked for you! Post up some screen shots of the FoV!

swooosh83

n3wb
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures. First picture is the location of the new LTS doorbell with respect the location of the original doorbell. I decided on the new location to get a better view of people's faces. It's close to the same height as the peephole. My dad also helped me build the triangular box to get a better camera angle.

Second picture is a screenshot from the LTS app on my phone. Picture quality is pretty good when on "HD". "Basic" is not great. Due to the HD quality, it takes a few seconds for the doorbell to connect to the app/cell phone. If you're away from home and don't have good data reception, it might get stuck at 80%-90% loading, and not load. This has happened to me when I've been curious and looking at the live view. I haven't experienced this with an actual trial yet though.

Third picture is a screenshot from the Lorex app. Quality isn't great, but it's passable. The Lorex app is odd. When I take a screenshot, it opens the Facebook app, and I have to save the picture through there.

One thing I have noticed after installing the LTS doorbell is that the doorbell chime/transformer is constantly humming. Most of the time it's no louder than the fridge (10 ft away), but it can get noisier. LTS customer service has been pretty good via email. They're responsive via phone, as well, but kind of hard to understand because of their accents. They gave me potential solutions like switching the wires, trying a resistor, or adding a diode. The first 2 didn't work, I haven't tried the diode yet.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures. First picture is the location of the new LTS doorbell with respect the location of the original doorbell. I decided on the new location to get a better view of people's faces. It's close to the same height as the peephole. My dad also helped me build the triangular box to get a better camera angle.
Hi Swooosh83

Nice, I really like that 45 degree wedge you've mounted the doorbell on and that you've moved it higher for a better image.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
as for the buzzing, switching the wires wont do anything because it is an AC circuit. did you confirm the doorbell transformer is the proper voltage? also, what type of chime do you have? an electronic chime wont work. it needs to be the coil/magnetic type

swooosh83

n3wb
Reaction score
as for the buzzing, switching the wires wont do anything because it is an AC circuit. did you confirm the doorbell transformer is the proper voltage? also, what type of chime do you have? an electronic chime wont work. it needs to be the coil/magnetic type
Thanks, I'll take a look at that!