Need Help for ext. storage from DS-2CD2432F-IW

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson

Can you help me to set that correctly. I've done some tests but i have then in the folder a lot of file mp4 and pic but no Jpeg files. I want only a snapshot, coming from crossing line like i was receiving before per Email (3 photos at 2s)
At Storage level I have too much settings :
- Record Schedule : I think that's for video . I have disable it.
- Capture Schedule : Here i think it's what i need but i can select only continu. And then I have Capture Parameters ... With a lot of settings :Timing Snapshot, event-trigger Snapshot

I rode the baseline and done some tests but i certainly missed something.
Thanks for your help

Edit : I've formattted the folder and still having PIC and MP4 files with 0 octets ... From where they're coming ? I've disable all events and those files are still coming ....

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've formattted the folder and still having PIC and MP4 files with 0 octets
Don't worry about 'format' - all its doing is creating a framework of folders and files. It won't delete the rest of the contents of the volume.
Yes - the 'format' creates all those files and folders, empty and ready to use.

I want to try it with one of my camera like a NAS Storage.
On my NAS i create a folder in my Datavol1 named HIKCAMS
I've created an user with permission RW on this folder and permission to use SMB
On the camera, i set the Storage with SMB mode and now this Disk1 appear. It give me 2To capacity. But that's all size from my HDD !
You seem to have moved on to looking for an FTP destination for snapshots.
I must admit, I thought you were looking for a NAS recording destination from your first post.
So I'm a bit confused as to the requirements now.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello alastairstevenson,

I'm a little disapointed because i'm lost ... What i would have is the possibility to see anc controls all snapshots like a "fotobook" via my NAS. For that I only need the jepg file comin from the snapshot of only the linecrossing detection. I've seen now that with FTP, i can choose only the event i want ...
Then you've certainly right that it would be more easer to use a FTP connexion.
Tell me if i'm in the right way or not ....
In this case can you help me to configure an FTP setting ? I've take a look and i don't know how to set parent directory, children, etc ....
At departure, i'm with my same USER1 with access to a folder called CAMS whit RW permissions in my NAS QNAP.

I've juste tried to set up and i'm receiving that user and password is wrong ... But with firefox, when i try a connexion ftp with same user and password , connexion is done and it appear somes folders like home, homes and my CAMS folder.

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re,

Ok now I'm able to configure ftp and smb (I think )
Between the two methods , do you prefer one ? Is there one of the two able to erase olders pictures when size folder is reached ?