Need help picking out Equipment for remote Location- Needs to boot back up easily

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
CaliGirl,

I've had great luck using the IVS features built into some Dahua cams. Tripwire and Intrusion Zone has triggered "events" that are then easy to find in Playback mode. I've spotted coyotes, racoons, and cats (the housecat variety) crossing the FOV. Here's two coyotes, each one caused the tripwire to catch e'm
No snow here, so I can't rely on tracks to search thru recorded video.

Alternative is to use a dual tech sensor, such as a Bosch Tritec. PIR + radar, so false alarms are greatly reduced. I use the OD850 and am very pleased. Sensitivity/range is adjustable.

Your video had flashing lights in some clips. Did the animal trip some sensor?

Fastb

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
CaliGirl,

My ODB850 was taken down months ago when I moved a camera. If memory serves, my Pomeranian would trip an event.

IVS: If you don't want to catch every squirrel, but do want to "alarm" on a coyote, the tripwire and intrusion zone features allow you to set min and max size targets.

Fastb

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't understand why the basic default motion detection would not trigger a video capture and \ or alert for you when a big cat walks by?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
It will.
And will trigger on branches blowing in the wind, bugs flying by the camera, shadows, blowing leaves and when the sun comes out from behind a cloud.
MD is worse than the PIR on your driveway floodlights

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
...The PIR on my driveway flood lights is pretty bad. I have no idea what triggers it. For seemingly no reason it will often come on and off over and over in the middle of the night...the light change then triggers my camera so my early a.m. Alerts are just all garage light pulsing at that time....Then at night I can go walk by the light and almost have to do jumping jacks to trigger it...ha-ha.

Made me wonder...can you wire up a better aftermarket motion sensor to your lights and toss the one it came with?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did just that, wired up a dual tech motion sensor up to my front security lights.. its going into my Ultra Starlight Bullet, and coming out of that camera is a Z-Wave contact switch that turns the front lights on directly..

the ones built into most lights are fixed and not able to be aimed, so you cant position the sensor so trees/roads/etc are out of its FOV.. outside I find motion sensors work best trying to cover small areas and choke points.. I like entry/exit motion sensors as they put down a curtan infront that dont reach out very far.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
CaliGirl,

My ODB850 was taken down months ago when I moved a camera. If memory serves, my Pomeranian would trip an event.

IVS: If you don't want to catch every squirrel, but do want to "alarm" on a coyote, the tripwire and intrusion zone features allow you to set min and max size targets.

Fastb

Do I have IVS on any of my Dahua Cameras?????

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Caligirl,

Your signature file doesn't incude model numbers, just a general descrip, ie:
Dahua 4mp Turret cameras
Dahua 30 PTZ 4mp camera

Many models support or don't support IVS. So the complete model # is needed.
Or go into Settings, Event. Is IVS in the list? see picivs.jpg

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been hoping the internet would come back. But it has been out at the remote site for 7 days (very frustrating). The Suddenlink Cable doesn't have an appointment to check the cable-line to the house for 2 months. Neighbors have power and internet fine. So no way to check on these features.

IVS looks like a great feature for my use. Really hope I have it.

The cameras I have are attached:

Attachments

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes Nayr. Great. Thank you!!! So I imagine that Smart PSS would need to be running to use this. Which I can't leave running all the time from home to the remote site.

Might be time to put a computer onsite to run this.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The PTZ camera I have says: > Auto-tracking and IVS(Optional)

Does that mean I needed to buy it that way from the start or is a software upgrade?

I don't see IVS on the other model I have:
IPC-HDW4431C-A 4MP 2.8mm Full HD IR Mini Dome PoE Network Camera Built-in Mic IP67

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Caligirl,
HDW4431C-A: Looking at spec sheets, it has IVS (tripwire, intrusion zone, etc)
SD59430U-HNI: I think this has IVS. My hesitance is based on the word "optional" (see below)
However, in the section where they list exact model numbers, I don't see where there's an IVS model and a non-IVS model. So maybe it's not an ordering option, ie: they all have IVS.

Fastb

cali.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Fastb wheres the option in the OSD that you had to check to turn on IVS on the NVR? I forgot and mine's not plugged into a display heh

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, thanks nayr. Will try to head up there soon and update the firmware to add the feature to the NVR box. I can't find anywhere in this thread what firmware the NVR is on, but we did establish that it is old and I need to upgrade it as soon as I can get access. And I can't access it right now with the internet down. Got the repair job escalated sooner then 2 months.

I don't remember seeing an IVS feature on any of my Cameras menus when I connected to them directly via the browser.