Need help troubleshooting a Dahua SD49225T-HN

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's the same problem that happens to me, did you have a solution with the camera? found the problem?
It was dead and needed to be replaced. My replacement just died also, same model. This time it's the PTZ function that died. Andy says it's probably a broken belt and it can t be fixed. I replaced it with yet another of the same model (I might just be a glutton for punishment here). I also had a different model Dahua die recently. They seem to have a 2-3 year life for me. I'm about ready to switch to a different brand. I expect to get 5-7 years out of my electronics, and at that point have to replace them because of new tech, not because they died.

javierfer

n3wb
Reaction score
It was dead and needed to be replaced. My replacement just died also, same model. This time it's the PTZ function that died. Andy says it's probably a broken belt and it can t be fixed. I replaced it with yet another of the same model (I might just be a glutton for punishment here). I also had a different model Dahua die recently. They seem to have a 2-3 year life for me. I'm about ready to switch to a different brand. I expect to get 5-7 years out of my electronics, and at that point have to replace them because of new tech, not because they died.
My interest is to know if someone managed to connect the computer to the UART port of the camera to see if the firmware can be updated through TFTP and UART.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have on constant patrol between presets?

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have on constant patrol between presets?
No patrol at all. I think it was just the weather. Camera was frozen from snow and ice and either power on or I triggered the motor. One would think that this would not destroy a camera, but I need to pull it off the house when it's nicer out and I can get a ladder out there, put up the new one and see if there's anything that can be fixed with the bad one.

javierfer

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to establish communication through the UART port for this camera?

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't imagine that anyone has actually tried. That's a pretty advanced troubleshooting step that also requires some very specific equipment. Also I think only you and I have run into issues.
I am planning on swapping the cameras today and pulling the one with the bad belt off the house and seeing if it's actually the belt (as Andy is guessing) and see if there's anything that can be repaired.