Need some advice or help of any sort

Burren79

n3wb
Reaction score
I have four 2mp Dahua SD22204T-GN ptz cameras that have been lost (password) with an NVR factory reset and can't get into them either via a Poe not any other way as they have switched IP address to 10.*.*.* and the IP of the NVR is 192.*.*.*. I can see them and can try and connect via config tool but the passwords are invalid and I cannot dial into them. Is there any other way other than actually hard resetting each camera via the mobo? Any help would be so grateful, I have spent two days on them.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have four 2mp Dahua SD22204T-GN ptz cameras that have been lost (password) with an NVR factory reset and can't get into them either via a Poe not any other way as they have switched IP address to 10.*.*.* and the IP of the NVR is 192.*.*.*. I can see them and can try and connect via config tool but the passwords are invalid and I cannot dial into them. Is there any other way other than actually hard resetting each camera via the mobo? Any help would be so grateful, I have spent two days on them.
Hi @Burren79

How do you know they've switched IP addresses?

Burren79

n3wb
Reaction score
I can see them when I do a smart search but then I try to add them they say invalid password but they were all 10.1.1.65/66/67/68 three are port 3777 and one port 8000, I have dhcp on in the NVR and have also tried static IP addresses for them all ranging from 192.168.2.2 upwards but the passwords are all invalid. I can see them in config tool but when I try open one on internet explorer it says password or username invalid. I've tried 666666, admin, 888888, default and nothing works

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @Burren79

Are they connected to the PoE ports of the NVR? or are they coming from the LAN side?

Burren79

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Mat, the Dahua NVR has built in 4ch Poe and i have tried a separate Poe switch plugged into my laptop and I still can't get into them but can see their IP addresses

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Mat, the Dahua NVR has built in 4ch Poe and i have tried a separate Poe switch plugged into my laptop and I still can't get into them but can see their IP addresses
Hi @Burren79

Did your router assign the 10.x.x.x IP range to the cameras via DHCP? ( you can often see this in the router logs under DHCP )
or
Did you manually assign the 10.x.x.x IP addresses to the cameras ( i.e. static not DHCP )

If DHCP, you should be able to connect the cameras to the NVR POE ports and they should then request a new DHCP assigned IP from the NVR and that should put them into the IP range for the NVR POE ports. ( see the notes section on accessing cameras with a laptop while the cameras are connected to a NVR - try using the Dahua config tool here.. we may have some useful notes in the cliff notes on this btw.. ).

If statically assigned, then I would detach the POE switch from the router and statically assign a 10.x.x.x number to a laptop / desktop and access the cameras that way using the Dahua Config tool.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Unless you hard coded static IPs on the cameras, when you plug them into the PoE ports of the NVR the it will assign 10.1.1.x addresses to them and you can reach them via the NVR Registration page.

Whe using a Dahua NVR with built in PoE switch, DO NOT add the cameras manually like you do with a Non-PoE NVR. Let the NVR assign them and wiat for them to appear in lower pane. They shoud NOT have 37777 ports assigned here. The NVR will assign ports as 1,2,3 etc..

POE-NVR-AccessCameras.jpg

Burren79

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Bigredfish and to Mat too I'll explain it a little better having read over my first question it does look a little shaded and confusing. I reset the NVR back to factory settings () and cannot remember the previous password I have for my cameras and cannot get back into them I think the assignment via the NVR is just a secondary problem which I think I can fix but I cannot seem to get into any of the cameras to actually change the password and this is the reason why they are locked out

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Bigredfish and to Mat too I'll explain it a little better having read over my first question it does look a little shaded and confusing. I reset the NVR back to factory settings () and cannot remember the previous password I have for my cameras and cannot get back into them I think the assignment via the NVR is just a secondary problem which I think I can fix but I cannot seem to get into any of the cameras to actually change the password and this is the reason why they are locked out
Hi Burren79

Look for information here on how to reset the cameras to factory defaults.

Burren79

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Mat, you wouldn't happen to know how would you? I have read that they have to be reset physically and cannot be done remotely.

Burren79

n3wb
Reaction score
Open the camera and press on the reset button for 5-7 seconds, then can be defaulted. Make sure the camera is powered on when you do this, then add again.
Thank you, do you have a diagram as to where on the camera the reset button is or will it be marked reset on the board?