Need surveillance vendor for new industrial hemp farm in Colorado

monstor

n3wb
Reaction score
A friend, actually he and his wife, in Colorado are starting up a 60 acre industrial hemp farm in the wake of the 2018 farm bill.They already run a hay/alfalfa farm. Their expanding their crops.

They want a robust security system with: cams on poles in the fields, cams in green houses, vandal proofing, resilient power, wireless mesh, triggered recordings & archiving, full use of DORI & ability to capture faces and logos, alerting, mobile device access, etc. Something this big is way above my capacity to install in any reasonable amount of time. I have helped them with cams on a cattle ranch for watching cows during calving season, but that is a simple implementation.

They're looking for a surveillance pro with a team of capable installers.

Anyone have recommendations for designers/installers that have worked with the cannabis growers or other hemp farms that are looking for a new customer?

please PM me.

And please hold the commentary on hemp vs cannabis. I know it is an agricultural commodity crop and not a controlled substance, as do my friends, but they don't trust the public to fully grasp that and they expect to have to deal with ignorant/stupid/impaired trespassers.

-asm

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A friend, actually he and his wife, in Colorado are starting up a 60 acre industrial hemp farm in the wake of the 2018 farm bill.They already run a hay/alfalfa farm. Their expanding their crops.

They want a robust security system with: cams on poles in the fields, cams in green houses, vandal proofing, resilient power, wireless mesh, triggered recordings & archiving, full use of DORI & ability to capture faces and logos, alerting, mobile device access, etc. Something this big is way above my capacity to install in any reasonable amount of time. I have helped them with cams on a cattle ranch for watching cows during calving season, but that is a simple implementation.

Anyone have recommendations for designers/installers that have worked with the cannabis growers or other hemp farms that are looking for a new customer?

please PM me.

And please hold the commentary on hemp vs cannabis. I know it is an agricultural commodity crop and not a controlled substance, as do my friends, but they don't trust the public to fully grasp that and they expect to have to deal with ignorant/stupid/impaired trespassers.

-asm
Check out ipvm's integrator finder
Security Integrator Finder

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

please PM me.

-asm
just don't drive through Idaho.. they do not seem to know the difference either...
ISP says truckload declared to be hemp at Idaho port of entry was marijuana; driver arrested for trafficking