Need Your Help to Decide between T54IR-ZE and Color4K-T and How to Install It

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Those are running 0-5 Exposure at night, that's what?

1/200

went brain dead there for a minute

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank goodness, I thought I was the only weird one to have two cameras setup side-by-side in this manner :rofl:

I bolded the important statement LOL.

I have 4 TIOC to provide audible warnings and what not, but each one is paired with a 5442 LOL

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The 4K turret would have been great if the lights behaved somewhat like motion-activated lights. Not sure why Dahua never thought about incorporating this in their firmware. Would have been great under a soffit and/or awning

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Exactly :D Can never have too many turrets :rofl:

Yeah my neighbors give me grief LOL. But then who is the first person they call when their car was broken into LOL.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 4K turret would have been great if the lights behaved somewhat like motion-activated lights. Not sure why Dahua never thought about incorporating this in their firmware. Would have been great under a soffit and/or awning
I think the main reason is these cameras are designed for performance and you run the risk of a temporary blinding of the camera as the exposure adjusts when the lights come on.

The TIOCs are on less than ideal MP/sensor ratios so they aren't impacted as much with changing light conditions :lmao:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
A lot can be missed when the lights come on as the camera's exposure adjusts as you point out. I force the IR to stay on after a specific time period on my 5442's (custom schedule) to overcome this while the TIOC's and Motion-activated lights can do their part. :)

I think the main reason is these cameras are designed for performance and you run the risk of a temporary blinding of the camera as the exposure adjusts when the lights come on.

The TIOCs are on less than ideal MP/sensor ratios so they aren't impacted as much with changing light conditions :lmao:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Speaking of Ubiquiti, I can't believe the number of people falling for Ubiquiti's cameras - their current turret should not cost more than $80, yet people are willing to spend $129 :rofl:
The sensors in Ubiquiti's cameras pales in comparison to Dahua's cameras.

What's even more frightening in Ubiquiti's latest turret model is that it utilizes a plastic base which requires a metal plate to prevent excessive flexing otherwise the camera is unable to thread on properly and securely. What a missed opportunity on Ubiquiti's end, but Ubiquiti fanboys will buy them regardless of the outcome, lol

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Speaking of Ubiquiti, I can't believe the number of people falling for Ubiquiti's cameras - their current turret should not cost more than $80, yet people are willing to spend $129 :rofl:
The sensors in Ubiquiti's cameras pales in comparison to Dahua's cameras.
yup, but those ubiquiti fan boys love em.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll be honest and say that I purchased one G5 turret "ultra (bad marketing)" just to try out; its okay but I would not deploy any more at this time, as better options exist and nothing can surpass the 5442 varifocal turrets at this time.

yup, but those ubiquiti fan boys love em.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know who in the right mind would want to buy a G4 Pro Doorbell when half the features originally advertised never made its way into the final product - and yet people are still spending $4xx for a Video Doorbell when Reolink sells their tried and true doorbell for $80 dollars :rofl: - essentially 1/5 of the price

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
d
I don't know who in the right mind would want to buy a G4 Pro Doorbell when half the features originally advertised never made its way into the final product - and yet people are still spending $4xx for a Video Doorbell when Reolink sells their tried and true doorbell for $80 dollars :rofl: - essentially 1/5 of the price
def cant beat that Reolink POE doorbell.

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@hydrau1 -- Something I haven't seen mentioned in this thread -- Snow.
The 4K-t is gonna need a lot of playing with the exposure with your changing scenes. I do not believe there is an iris in this cam.
I find mine over or under exposed a lot with changing lighting during the day. Clouds, shadows, I haven't even dealt with snow this year but it's gonna be bright.
I find night time easier - I can control the lighting...

The T54 just seems to handle the changing light better. Varifocal is a bonus. The self adjusting IR really works well with keeping faces from overexposing when approaching the camera.

4Kt does not have self adjusting illumination. It's on or off but you can set the intensity. I only run mine at 7% - without some sort of Illumination at the cam I have backlight problems.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Settings? Got one with the sun shining?
I can grab them later. I don't have any with snow + sun.

For some of my other cams I do run them at .18-.2 or so on the low end to keep them from darkening too much when there is a lot of snow.