Neighbor asked for Footage

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No Niether see the sd card. Not even when I take them out and plug into a computer. Windows does not see them when in a reader hmmm

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I cannot read them in a reader then maybe the cards have something wrong with them.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is what the Hot Swap button is for - some devices if you pull the card out with the camera running without unmounting it, it will make the card unreadable because it will be recording to it at the time you yank it out... (I learned that the hard way too)

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I still don't understand why you are messing with an SD card if you are recording to a BI computer. :confused:

Edit: Oh I see. You think you setup the card for 24/7 recording while the BI is motion? Unless you specifically setup the camera to record to the card 24/7 it will be empty. The camera won't automatically start recording to a SD card just because it is there. You have to manually enable the function. Now as to why the camera can't even see the card anymore is a mystery. Sounds like a dead SD card.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't vouch for you card reader on Windows, but the cam should see the card. I do not have that specific cam. When I pull a card out or put it in, I disconnect the cam. But as @wittaj stated, there is the Hot Swap button. When you put the card in or took it out, was the cam powered up?

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I still don't understand why you are messing with an SD card if you are recording to a BI computer. :confused:

Edit: Oh I see. You think you setup the card for 24/7 recording while the BI is motion? Unless you specifically setup the camera to record to the card 24/7 it will be empty. The camera won't automatically start recording to a SD card just because it is there. You have to manually enable the function. Now as to why the camera can't even see the card anymore is a mystery. Sounds like a dead SD card.
to watch full recordings 24 hours continuous. car that was hit was out of my trigger zone.

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I disconnected camera and took it in my house then took out card.

Reaction score
I disconnected camera and took it in my house then took out card.
Sounds like the cards are toast.

to watch full recordings 24 hours continuous. car that was hit was out of my trigger zone.
That is why I continuously record, not just on motion.

Most folks use the SD card as a last resort backup. Like if the power to the BI server goes out but the POE switch still has power, or someone steals the BI PC, then you have the SD cards as backup.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
When you get this sorted out you need to reverse your recording technique. You want the BI machine recording 24/7 and you want the SD card in the camera set for motion record as a backup. You have it setup less than optimal now.

Those SD cards aren’t built for 24/7 writes. They won’t last long doing that.

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well when there is no card in the slot, or it is in backwards or not pushed in and locked, it will not see it, like below. Hitting 'Format' will do nothing since the cam does not see a card.

View attachment 65080
Once the card is in place and the cam can see it, the page looks like this:
View attachment 65081

Do any of your cams see the SD card?
No None with exact same error.

dv569656

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Awesome community here with quick responses. Thanks you to all that helped me. I will look into this further in 24 hours. Thanks

It is strange that windows cannot read this mini sd card. I have a working good one and will insert into the camera tomorrow.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Once the first electronic devices screws the sd card, nothing else will read it. Learned that the hard way too LOL. You may get lucky and find a program that can retrieve stuff off of it. You may be able to reformat it. Or you may be able to toss it...

Kn10

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’ve had lots of success with Photorec in the past getting data of SDCards. It’s free and works well.

Your card may have failed being slammed with continuous recording. There are SDCards designed for continuous recording (primarily to go in things like dashcams). Then there are your regular cheapies.
I think they were called High Endurance. Was your card high endurance?