Neighbor busts camera

Sparky19053

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was the camera facing her property? I have several outdoor cameras, none facing the neighbors.
On a commercial installation that I service we had an outdoor bullet camera #HFW5241E mounted at 12' on a block wall. The building landlord in a drunken state on a ladder with a hammer whaled at it until the wall anchors gave way. Made a great video that I sent to the customers lawyers who then sued the building owner for the damages. As for those of us who would like to electrify a security device to prevent damage it would likely not end well for us ill regardless that they were trespassing.
You got to love the stupidity of some people.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was the camera facing her property? I have several outdoor cameras, none facing the neighbors.
On a commercial installation that I service we had an outdoor bullet camera #HFW5241E mounted at 12' on a block wall. The building landlord in a drunken state on a ladder with a hammer whaled at it until the wall anchors gave way. Made a great video that I sent to the customers lawyers who then sued the building owner for the damages. As for those of us who would like to electrify a security device to prevent damage it would likely not end well for us ill regardless that they were trespassing.
You got to love the stupidity of some people.
Looks like the neighbor's ( who is pointing her finger ) camera is pointing at the neighbor who is filming ..

1693955654704.png

hard to say which direction that camera ( that was ripped down ) was facing from this video clip ..

1693955854132.png

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
It was definitely facing the neighbors property - pointed almost straight out (certainly not angled down to only cover the owners property). You can see it in the first couple of frames of the video before it is covered up by the logo in the right corner.

Attachments

Reaction score
It was definitely facing the neighbors property - pointed almost straight out (certainly not angled down to only cover the owners property). You can see it in the first couple of frames of the video before it is covered up by the logo in the right corner.
Which says to me that there's a lot of missing context to what actually happened. My guess is that this is just one incident in an ongoing dispute between these two families. There's no legitimate reason to point a camera directly at a neighbor's property unless you've made it clear that "I'm recording you, and the next time you do xxxxxxx, I'm going to send the recording to the police."

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for that image ..

from the angle of the video taker .. for the camera to point directly into the neighbors property, I would need to see the back of the camera .. looks like we are seeing the side of the camera ..

as the lorex kits typically have wide ( 2.8mm lens ) FOV and that there are shrubbery there blocking part of the view, I would expect that the FOV of the camera would capture perhaps part of the neighbor's garage door and the driveway ..

Last edited: