Nest cam stop working in BI

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
neither..look for a turret design...look at the dahua starlight fixed turret at about 100 (Slow shipping 125 fast) or the varifocal starlight turret for 170 (fast dhl shipping)...its 2mp...the 3mp and 4mp standard cams will not produce a good night/low light image.
Appreciate the help . ill look into getting these. any preferred sellers that are recommended ?

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
stopping public sharing and resuming it after about an hour fixed mine. and @fenderman is correct, this will be ok until the next time.
im giving this agony another year, by then the BOSS would have forgotten we have these darn cameras and i can replace them...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
stopping public sharing and resuming it after about an hour fixed mine. and @fenderman is correct, this will be ok until the next time.
im giving this agony another year, by then the BOSS would have forgotten we have these darn cameras and i can replace them...
sell them, replace with dahua, and give the extra leftover money to the boss, she wont complain...

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
sell them, replace with dahua, and give the extra leftover money to the boss, she wont complain...
i still have to figure out how to drill holes on the wall without her finding out too... :)

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not Fenderman but I'll give you my 2cents worth. Go dahua. The cheap dahuas are the 4431c and 4433c both are poe and can be made wireless with a cheap wifi dongle. They are 110 degrees and work great in low light. Get a starlight if you want even better low light performance. You wont be disappointed.
@fenderman is this statement "can be made wireless with a cheap wifi dongle" accurate?

and would you concur on the DAHUA MODELS suggested?

if so id be jumping on DAHUAS right away....
ill get away with using a suggested DAHUA model if i can set-up wireless.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman is this statement "can be made wireless with a cheap wifi dongle" accurate?
google wifi bridge...you need a mini router or mini bridge...its usually bigger than a dongle...run cable...it will be more stable and neater

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you had to drill a hole for power anyway...hire someone to run cable
have 3. only had to drill a hole on the garage, the other two are plugged on the external sockets.

would you suggest these"The cheap dahuas are the 4431c and 4433c " or "the dahua starlight fixed turret" ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
have 3. only had to drill a hole on the garage, the other two are plugged on the external sockets.

would you suggest these"The cheap dahuas are the 4431c and 4433c " or "the dahua starlight fixed turret" ?
do not buy the cheap units...they are not firmware upgradable....the starlights have significantly better low light and night vision

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
do not buy the cheap units...they are not firmware upgradable....the starlights have significantly better low light and night vision
are the STARLIGHTS same as the VARIFOCALS or something. any specific model i can pull up?

oh wow! Amazon carries Dahua's? i may be able to pull this off if i go through Amazon. i have a hidden account..lol...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
are the STARLIGHTS same as the VARIFOCALS or something. any specific model i can pull up?

oh wow! Amazon carries Dahua's? i may be able to pull this off if i go through Amazon. i have a hidden account..lol...
No... starlight refers to the sensor...varifocal is a variable lens that will allow you to select a specific focal length within it's range...
You will not find the dahua Starlights on amazon...

MobileGeek

n3wb
Reaction score
Happy day. Cameras are back up. Hope I can limp along for a while with Nest until I can justify the switch to an IP cam I can connect to directly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Happy day. Cameras are back up. Hope I can limp along for a while with Nest until I can justify the switch to an IP cam I can connect to directly.
You dont have to justify the cost...sell your nest camera on ebay, you will have more than enough for a solid dahua camera

goldriver

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Looney2s,

may I ask another question to make sure I do the right choice, I need a camera with the best definition possible at night and day, I don't realy need the varifocal but I definitly need at least a FOV of 100 degrees.

I will, be using those for dog runs about 80 feet long and I need to be able to identify 2 different dog from away (same breed so that is why I need the best definition)

thanks for the help

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Looney2s,

may I ask another question to make sure I do the right choice, I need a camera with the best definition possible at night and day, I don't realy need the varifocal but I definitly need at least a FOV of 100 degrees.

I will, be using those for dog runs about 80 feet long and I need to be able to identify 2 different dog from away (same breed so that is why I need the best definition)

thanks for the help
Use this to help determine what lens you need for your application.
IPVM Camera Calculator V3
http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/3721 in either the 2.8mm or 3.6mm lens.