"Network Abnormal" & Cameras no longer working

Abalda

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I have similar problem with my cameras and nvr.
My nvr has built in poe.
The nvr nic card is asssigned an ip from my network.
The nvr also has a poe card.
I have assigned this ip 10.1.1.1
I habe then assigned my cameras ip as follows
My cameras arr hikvision dome ip.
Camera 19.1.1.101 works fine.
However the other 2 are showing offline abnormal network.

The cameras plugged in direct to my router are picked up by the sadp and i can then log on to cameras via web.
So i know cameras work.

The nvr is set to ONViF. And all 3 cameras are compatible.
No idea what i am doing wrong as all seems to make sense and 1 camera does work.
Can anyone offer help please.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The nvr nic card is asssigned an ip from my network.
The nvr also has a poe card.
I have assigned this ip 10.1.1.1
You have not specified what the NVR LAN interface IP address is.
I suspect that your customised values for the NVR PoE interface are clashing with the LAN addresses.
They must be on entirely separate IP address ranges.
That would give the symptoms you describe.

Abalda

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
The nvr is in 192.168.0 range connected to my network.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I habe then assigned my cameras ip as follows
My cameras arr hikvision dome ip.
Camera 19.1.1.101 works fine.
However the other 2 are showing offline abnormal network.
What IP address have you assigned to the PoE channels that the cameras are connected to?
They must match the address you have assigned to the cameras.

Abalda

n3wb
Reaction score
I have set up with manual.
I have set channel 1 to same as camera ending 101.
Channel 2 same as camera 102
And so on.
To sum up.
I logged on to cameras and gave them 10.1.1.101 to 104. Gateway 10.1.1.1 as this is the poe lan card ip.
I then plugged them into poe on nvr.
They did not discover as plug and play.
So i added manually to each channel .
Is that nit assigning ip to poe ports?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What you've described sounds fine, I'd have expected the cameras to connect OK.
What are we missing here?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Once you master this trick,you can set cameras up from Poe switches all around your network and not run every cable back to the nvr.
One of the best learning curves too go through
The camera IP address is it’s telephone number always write it down,I know mine now off the top of my head

Abalda

n3wb
Reaction score
I dont know that is why so frustrating as i have camera assigned to 101 working and others saying offline abnormal network.
I am just about to give up and sell the lot...
Probably be something si simple...

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont know that is why so frustrating as i have camera assigned to 101 working and others saying offline abnormal network.
I am just about to give up and sell the lot...
Probably be something si simple...
Best way I found for me,as once you plug into the nvr as Alastair says they go onto the 254 Range
1 get a lap top set up sadap power up the camera it will if new show inactive
2 set up an IP address let’s say 192.168.1.20 and a password ( keep a good password for all the cameras the same
2 next camera set the IP address now say 192.168.1.21 and write these ip camera address down.
Then once there plugged into the nvr either directly or on a network switch
Go to camera settings let’s say channel 1 and go manual instead of plug and play you will then enter the IP address 192.168.1.20 then admin then your special password and hit save then on the bottom right hit refresh it will then connect to that camera ip address
Yes it can be really frustrating at first.
if the camera has a reset button hit it and start from scratch as it will show back up as inactive

Last edited:

Abalda

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you think if i change the cameras to dhcp? Would the nvr poe card assign an ip in the appropriate 10.1.1. Range?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think if i change the cameras to dhcp? Would the nvr poe card assign an ip in the appropriate 10.1.1. Range?
The NVR doesn't do DHCP - but it does have management control over the cameras when you supply it with the admin password.
It's not clear to me what the cause of the problem is but I have to think it's linked in some way to the presumed customised IP address range in use for the PoE ports.
Is that address range 10.1.x.y (depending on what you have set for the subnet mask) also in use by other equipment?

Suggestion to try:
Set the first NVR channel that's causing problems to Plug&Play mode.
Remove the camera from that channel, power up and reset it to defaults.
Connect the camera back to the channel and see if Plug&Play activates as normal.

If all else fails - consider setting the NVR PoE interface and all the channels back to their factory-set default values.

Abalda

n3wb
Reaction score
See attached screen shot..
First channel working fine.
Channel 104 yellow triangle...
Abnormal network.
I assigned the 10.1.1.1 ip to the poe card.

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Not familiar with that interface but looking at Chanel 1 is set with onvif normally we would use the Hikvision
Protocol.
So if camera one is working with 10.1.1.101
Go to camera 2 in sadap modify the ip to 10.1.1.102 make sure dhcp is ticked in sadap enter your password in sadap then hit modify then it should say parameters modification success,then untick dhcp so that camera should now have an IP address of 10.1.1.102.
Now go back to this interface and add the camera as onvif as you can see cam 4 has an IP address but the protocol is private tick it to onvif and see how that connects to the system

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I assigned the 10.1.1.1 ip to the poe card.
A question I didn't ask already:
What is the subnet mask you have used on the NVR for the PoE interface?
What is the subnet mask you have used on the PoE-connected cameras on their network configuration?

Ali1984

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

i am read the thread but its nerly the same problem as i have,

i am use a DS-7732NI-I4 / 16P NVR ( V4.1.61 build 180818 )
when i am upgrade to V4.1.63 have Problems with my Doorbird Stream but this is another point,

i have some DS-2CD2185FWD-IS ( V5.5.80 build 180911 ) IP Cameras,

i set the IP with SADP to 192.168.254.4 for the PoE Port nr 3 on the NVR , the IP on my NVR its Set the same.

i have the same error as many users here :(

now i usw the one Camera with a PoE adapter ( change the IP ) on my Home Network und have no Problems

but i will use this on my NVR Network. i see when i am change the PoE distance its starts to scan the Connection but not connect the camera,same on Manual or Plug&Play mode.

another point is, when i reset the Camera and is inactiv i cant activate on my NVR , only over SADP ( 192.168.1.xx on standard have the Cam ) 192.168.254.xx the NVR

totik

n3wb
Reaction score
It's fixed!

I did as you said and checked each camera's IP on SADP along with those showing on the NVR. After removing them one by one, the only cameras with a dodgy IP were the ones that weren't working. So I went go into their settings and tried to change the IPs to match those on the NVR... At first the password was rejected... Until I used the very same password which unlocked every other camera on the system. So perhaps it was an IP issue all along, rather than just me being locked out due to bad passwords. Problem solved.

Thank you very much for the help.
hey can you help me i think we have same problem ,

Attachments

Reaction score
Hello, looks like I'm having a similar problem to others on this thread. My system has been working fine for several years and then suddenly all cameras went offline all at once. I've been trying for a week or so now to get things working but haven't been able to figure it out yet.

When I open SADP tool, I can see the NVR device is online but the 3 cameras that I have plugged into the PoE ports do not show (I read somewhere that this is bc the built-in PoE ports are on separate networks).
When I type the NVR IP address into the search bar of my browser, I can see all 8 ports on the Camera Management Configuration page but the 3 cameras (channel # D01, D02. and D03) show as Offline (Network Abnormal or Password Error.)

NVR IP address: 192.168.1.22
Channel IP addresses: 192.168.254.x
Camera IP addresses: How do I find this?

From reading above, I believe I need to reset the IP addresses of the cameras to match that of the PoE ports but not sure how to go about that step.
Any help would be so much appreciated!

Attachments

Reaction score
Excellent! Nice to get a positive result.
Hello, looks like I'm having a similar problem to others on this thread. My system has been working fine for several years and then suddenly all cameras went offline all at once. I've been trying for a week or so now to get things working but haven't been able to figure it out yet.

When I open SADP tool, I can see the NVR device is online but the 3 cameras that I have plugged into the PoE ports do not show (I read somewhere that this is bc the built-in PoE ports are on separate networks).
When I type the NVR IP address into the search bar of my browser, I can see all 8 ports on the Camera Management Configuration page but the 3 cameras (channel # D01, D02. and D03) show as Offline (Network Abnormal or Password Error.)

NVR IP address: 192.168.1.22
Channel IP address: 192.168.254.x
Camera IP addresses: How do I find this?

From reading above, I believe I need to reset the IP addresses of the cameras to match that of the PoE ports but not sure how to go about that step.
Any help would be so much appreciated!