Network Connection not fast enough

Donrtowery

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm getting this error message when I attempt to stream clips from my blue iris server:

"your network connection is not fast enough to handle this stream in realtime. consider changing the streaming quality."

I've completed LAN speed tests and I'm getting consistent transfer speeds of 940 MB/s across my network to and from my BI server.

I've installed a Network Time tool and sync'd time across my network and BI server.

I've tried Chrome, Opera, MS Edge, and IE browsers.

I've lowered stream quality down to 144p and it still gives the error.

I also tried watching the clips from multiple computers and still get the error.

I've tried disabling the live feed from the camera to free up system resources on the server, did not work.

Is there anything else I can try?

EDIT: streaming live from the server works fine, it only gives me this message when I attempt to watch recorded clips.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm getting this error message when I attempt to stream clips from my blue iris server:

"your network connection is not fast enough to handle this stream in realtime. consider changing the streaming quality."

I've completed LAN speed tests and I'm getting consistent transfer speeds of 940 MB/s across my network to and from my BI server.

I've installed a Network Time tool and sync'd time across my network and BI server.

I've tried Chrome, Opera, MS Edge, and IE browsers.

I've lowered stream quality down to 144p and it still gives the error.

I also tried watching the clips from multiple computers and still get the error.

I've tried disabling the live feed from the camera to free up system resources on the server, did not work.

Is there anything else I can try?

EDIT: streaming live from the server works fine, it only gives me this message when I attempt to watch recorded clips.
@bp2008 the UI3 developer should be able to help.

Aaron407

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had very similar issues on my gigabit network with both BVR and MP4 formats, and in both UI3 and the android app. My current workaround is to use .wmv for camera stream encoding, which has been working much, much better. I'd prefer to stick with mp4, but I haven't received any responses on my post about the issue to help figure out what the underlying problem is.

EDIT: Here's my post. Sounds like the same issue.
Webserver Shows Live Cams Perfectly, but Trouble With Clips

Last edited: