NEW 1080P Wifi Video Doorbell!

Discussion in 'Nelly's Security' started by AJ47, Dec 11, 2017.

Share This Page

1. klunkerbus

klunkerbus Young grasshopper

For your reference, there's another thread on ipcamtalk with lots of info on the DB1, assuming you can bear with reading all 49 pages of it. You can find the thread at
    Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Receiving notifications while away from home is usually a selling point for the video doorbells... For your awareness, part of the setup with an app sets up an account with HikVision, and a server there brokers access to your doorbell video and notifications. No matter what app you're using, all will access that server account for user authentication. You can log into your HikVision account at www.hik-connect.com, with the email and password that you used when you set up your app. That will show you whether the doorbell gods have determined whether your doorbell is online or offline. If the doorbell is offline, no one can remotely access it. FWIW, some have noted that they still get notifications at home when the doorbell is in offline state (edit: which, unfortunately, seems to happen a bit too often). I don't think you can force the offline state, but maybe you could try deleting it from your HikVision account after you've set it up and see what that does for you.

At least now you have another piece of the puzzle to work with.

EDIT: I don't think deleting the doorbell in the HikVision account will work. IIRC that will in turn inform your app that you no longer have a doorbell...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. tWeEzY

tWeEzY n3wb

I was getting ready to try this but now I cant even get the login page to pop up anymore. I get an 'access error' Its got the hikvision icon on the page tab but thats it. Im not sure if its trying to block the page because in the address bar it shows connection not secure with no option to proceed

3. RyanODan

RyanODan IPCT Vendor

@tWeEzY, you may try defaulting it by holding the button on the side for 15+ seconds (usually continue holding for 10+ seconds after it says "the device is rebooting") and then deleting it from the app. Once both of those steps are done set it up again, once set up try it's IP address in Internet Explorer.

4. WilRC

WilRC n3wb

Hi, just purchased the doorbell but I have a question about witch chime to use? In Holland, we have 8v as default for the doorbell power supply. The doorbell requires 16-24 vac, I have bought another power supply with 24 vac. When the doorbell is installed would using the old mechanic chime (8v) be a problem? I think 24 vac will blow up this thing! What will be the best solution, could you me out on this?
    Thanks in advance!

5. RyanODan

RyanODan IPCT Vendor

6. WilRC

WilRC n3wb

Hi Ryan, thanks for your reply, the chime you advise works with 16v transformer. Still the same question does this work with a 24v transformer?
    Just installed the doorbell today, everthing went well except the mechanical keeps buzzing. I have connected a 24v mechanical chime, this should not be the problem.
    Do you have any idea the solve this?

7. RyanODan

RyanODan IPCT Vendor

8. WilRC

WilRC n3wb

9. WilRC

WilRC n3wb

My first thoughts about the doorbell!
    Installation was easy, the doorbell shows nice quality pictures.
    I could add it simply to my NVR system,
    I did have one small issue. Setting motion alarm in web-based was working okay, but after 2 days it stopped.
    In the iPhone app motion alarm was active and in the web-based not. After re-activating it in web-based it starts working again (it think the upgrade process was responsible for this?).
    Also bought the advised chime. It gives only a dong instead of ding-dong and it was humming. It added the resistor witch solved the humming but still just a dong. It's pity that it won't give a full ding-dong !
    At last is there a way to turn of the message when a call is not answered (nobody answer your call, please dial again later!)?
    Overall very happy with the doorbell :)

Attached Files:

RyanODan likes this.
  10. RyanODan

RyanODan IPCT Vendor

@WilRC The last few firmwares have that message removed. Here's the latest version: Box

After you upgrade you may want to default it by holding the button on the side for 15+ seconds. After you hear "The device is rebooting" continue holding the button for about 5-10 seconds. By defaulting it will clear out any old firmware files that were left after the upgrade. If you do default it delete it from the app before setting it up again to make the setup process go smoothly.

11. WilRC

WilRC n3wb

Ryan, perfect updated all fine now :)

RyanODan likes this.