New 120poe question?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Blue iris isn't detecting the sealevel device. No boxes will light up under Digital I/O to allow me to set it up. Any ideas?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All of the sealevel software on the pc finds and accesses it. The dll file was already in the blue iris folder.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well no luck today. I can access the sealevel device via my iPad and the app. I think everything is setup correctly. BI is not seeing it. I will give sealevel a call tomorrow.

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I have read that the Sealevel device can not be accessed by more than one thing at a time. So it won't connect to Blue Iris if you are accessing it via the pc software or iPad. Have you tried making sure the sealevel pc software isn't set to auto start when the computer boots and then restarting the 120poe and your Blue Iris computer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have found what you are talking about to be true. If maxssd is started on pc, the iPad program won't work or vice versa. I have some errands to run this morning then back at it this afternoon.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK, update! I spoke to Ken and it is a BI issue that he is fixing. BI gives me zero access to the SeaLevel settings under IO. Question. The Sea Level does not provide any kind of voltage. There is DC voltage going to the PIR to give the sensor power but there needs to be a small amount of current to send the sealevel the trigger. I made jumpers in my pir utilizing the power generated by my 12vdc converter to give the pir a signal the 120poe would understand. It worked. No smoke lol. Everything seems fine. Do you think it is safe to say it is ok?

hotwire

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you got it sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, update! I spoke to Ken and it is a BI issue that he is fixing. BI gives me zero access to the SeaLevel settings under IO. Question. The Sea Level does not provide any kind of voltage. There is DC voltage going to the PIR to give the sensor power but there needs to be a small amount of current to send the sealevel the trigger. I made jumpers in my pir utilizing the power generated by my 12vdc converter to give the pir a signal the 120poe would understand. It worked. No smoke lol. Everything seems fine. Do you think it is safe to say it is ok?
I thought NC and NO connections were just dry contacts that were 0 volts but I guess if it works it works.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They are. The gentleman from sealevel said that the device operates by a change in voltage. To test the device I had to run a 9 volt battery to the #1 isolated input and the common. It immediately tripped in the maxssd program.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I could be explaining it completely wrong. Lol. Like you said it works. I was running it off a 9 volt but need the bug fix to integrate with BI.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm so sorry I didn't notice the option before, I was able to make BI get an IVS event from a dahua cam.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry I didn't notice the option before, I was able to make BI get an IVS event from a dahua cam.
are you sure it was ivs or did you also have regular motion detection in the camera or bi enabled?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
are you sure it was ivs or did you also have regular motion detection in the camera or bi enabled?
nope, you are looking at my test setting, I used the disarmed state because it doesn't normally do motion detection, I also enabled sending an email on the camera when ivs was triggered so I would know for sure I triggered it, and then I got a push notification from BI with wording from IVS in the camera, the only thing enabled on the cam was "camera's digital input or motion" as seen above. I ate dinner, now I'm about to set up IVS on my dahua cams and disable motion in BI on both of them.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
in my opinion, this is huge, I was half considering getting an NVR so I could use IVS on the cams lol!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Man I hate your timing. Lol. Well I will use 2 pir's off the cam and have room for 4 more.