New AMCREST 4K 30FPS MODEL: IP8M-2597EB-28MM? 1/1.8 sensor $125

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was browsing Amazon and found this new camera with options for 2.8/4/6mm lense. The sensor is what got my attention. This replaces the cheaper 4K camera they offered in terms of price on the Amazon lighting deal. No microsd card slot is the only gripe and some people claim only 25fps but the low light is what is great at this price of $125.

Description
AMCREST MODEL: IP8M-2597EB-28MM

CAMERA FEATURES :

• Stunning UltraHD 4K (8-Megapixel / 3840x2160) resolution , 4K @30fps.
  • Best in class low light capability utilizing the latest CMOS image sensor and chipset.
  • Super-Wide 111° viewing angle.
  • Professionally view on a PC using the Amcrest Surveillance Pro for Windows and MAC (included) or Blue Iris Professional.
  • Features a CMOS 1/1.8” 8MP progressive image sensor to achieve unsurpassed low-light capability and night-vision up to 164 feet.
  • Works with Amcrest Cloud remote video storage, Amcrest NVRs, Synology and QNAP NAS & FTP.
  • Works with Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Edge web browsers.
  • Heavy-duty metal IP67 Outdoor Weatherproof Camera.
  • Dual H.265/H.264 compression allows for maximum encryption with the latest technology as well as backwards compatibility with legacy platforms.
  • DORI Distance:
    Detect: 276ft
    Observe: 112ft
    Recognize: 56ft
    Identify: 26ft.
  • Wide Dynamic Range: up to 120dB True WDR.
  • Operating Conditions: -22°F ~ +140°F.
  • Compatible with the following Amcrest Junction Boxes, ASIN: B07CB468HC, B07FK662Z5.
  • PoE power supply (injector or switch) required but not included.
  • Bullet Dimensions: 6.9 x 2.7 x 2.7 inches.
  • Bullet Weight: 1.1 lbs.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"I was browsing Amazon and found this new camera with options for 2.8/4/6mm lense. The sensor is what got my attention. This replaces the cheaper 4K camera they offered in terms of price on the Amazon lighting deal. No microsd card slot is the only gripe and some people claim only 25fps but the low light is what is great at this price of $125. "

Hi @Safetyfirst

Thanks for the post, it is really nice to see more of the 1/1.8" sensors getting out there.
( man that would be a killer deal if it hits the coupon + Amazon lighting deal like the older 8MP camera model.. )

25 fps - sounds like a similar issue with other Dahua OEM cameras. The PAL version of the firmware limits some cameras to 25 / 50 fps. The NTSC version of the firmware can do 30 / 60 fps. ( so that should be what I would check on this model... )

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - remember to check out the thread that @jd415 posted on updating other Amcrest models with Dahua OEM firmware. ( thanks to jd415 for posting this )

ps - if anyone gets this new Amcrest model, please share any experience you may have on updating the firmware.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI - remember to check out the thread that @jd415 posted on updating other Amcrest models with Dahua OEM firmware. ( thanks to jd415 for posting this )

ps - if anyone gets this new Amcrest model, please share any experience you may have on updating the firmware.
If there's a lightning deal I definitely will.

R L

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Remember where the manufacturing is. Many cams sold here are sold wholesale for $14ish USD, we pay $130ish. It's made in China, not Japan

I was browsing Amazon and found this new camera with options for 2.8/4/6mm lense. The sensor is what got my attention. This replaces the cheaper 4K camera they offered in terms of price on the Amazon lighting deal. No microsd card slot is the only gripe and some people claim only 25fps but the low light is what is great at this price of $125.

Description

CAMERA FEATURES :

• Best in class low light capability utilizing the latest CMOS image sensor and chipset.
  • Professionally view on a PC using the Amcrest Surveillance Pro for Windows and MAC (included) or Blue Iris Professional.
  • Features a CMOS 1/1.8” 8MP progressive image sensor to achieve unsurpassed low-light capability and night-vision up to 164 feet.
  • Works with Amcrest Cloud remote video storage, Amcrest NVRs, Synology and QNAP NAS & FTP.
  • Dual H.265/H.264 compression allows for maximum encryption with the latest technology as well as backwards compatibility with legacy platforms.
  • DORI Distance:
  • Compatible with the following Amcrest Junction Boxes, ASIN: B07CB468HC, B07FK662Z5.

Description

CAMERA FEATURES :

• DORI Distance:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember where the manufacturing is. Many cams sold here are sold wholesale for $14ish USD, we pay $130ish. It's made in China, not Japan
That is simply not the case. You just dont know what you are talking about. The manufacturing cost of this camera alone is above 14 dollars. This is a dahua 1831, that sells for 110 or so on aliexpress direct from china from sellers operating on thin margins. Tell you what, if you can provide the cameras to me for anywhere near 14 dollars wholesale, ill take 5000 units.
Regardless of the wholesale price, what is your point? Suppose they cost 1 dollar to manufacture. Every person in the supply chain has to make money. The same goes for anything else you buy. We know where the manufacturing is, that is why the camera is 125 and not 300. If wholesale is 14, I will add you as a vendor to the forum and you can sell us this camera for 28 bux. That's a 100 percent profit to you. When can you get the first shipment delivered? Thought so, stop talking out of your ass.

Last edited:

bmwproboi05

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I was not able to update based on what the video said.

However, as fenderman said above, this camera is based on the dahula 1831e and you can find a thread where Andy has posted the newer 4k firmware for this camera. I can report that this does currently work.

Side note, the shield on top of this camera is plastic. I also had an issue where I could not set up the camera for some odd reason and was left on hold for a long time with amcrest. Luckily there are dahua cams built like this so it didn't take long to figure out how to reset the camera. While I had the camera open, I ended up adjusting the focus and the picture is a lot better.

bmwproboi05

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Follow the help guide here to get to the lens.

From there twist the lens in either direction to change the focus. There is some glue between the lens and the sensor. May require a bit of persuasion to get it to turn the first time.

OakleyFreak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hoe does this perform at night?
Im looking at this new cam AMC4KDM6
It has the same sensor

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hoe does this perform at night?
Im looking at this new cam AMC4KDM6
It has the same sensor

A quick search shows a few versions on Amazon sold by Amcrest.. they appear to be Analog versions. I do not recall anyone comparing and contrasting the analog vs ip version of a 8mp 1/1.8" sensor model.

Amcrest ProHD 4K Dome Outdoor Security Camera, 4K (8-Megapixel), Analog Camera, 164ft Night Vision, IP67 Weatherproof Housing, 2.8mm Lens, 110° Wide Angle, Built-in Microphone, White (AMC4KDM28-W)

AMCREST MODEL: AMC4KDM28-W

CAMERA FEATURES :

• High Resolution UltraHD 4K @15fps.
  • 1/1.8" 8MP CMOS image sensor.
  • 2.8mm Lens with 110° Viewing Angle.
  • 2 Powerful IR LEDs for 164 feet Night Vision.
  • IP67 Indoor/Outdoor Weatherproof Cameras.
  • Long Distance Transmit Range (up to 2,296ft).
  • Built-in Microphone for 1-Way Audio.
  • Wide Dynamic Range up to 120dB.
  • Camera is only compatible with Amcrest 4K DVR's; ASIN's: B07R6TBM7Y, B07R927K13, B07HPB7D9F, B07HPC7THS, B07S5XDLD6, B07S5H35BH, B07HPBZ3Q9, B07HPCYLQ5, B07HPDRZX8 and B07HPBM67B.
  • Cameras not recommended for use with 3rd party systems.
  • DIY Installation.
  • Operating Temperature: -22°F~140°F.
  • Dimensions: 4.17 x 4

lukecwik

n3wb
Reaction score
It doesn't look like anything but the 2.8mm version of this camera is available. I was really interested in the 4mm and 6mm variants.

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
IP8M-2597EB-28MM is identified from the firmware code.
It is the same model as Dahua IPC-HFW1831E
Use Dahua's SoC, codenamed DH7200
I don't like no MIC.