New Amcrest AD410 doorbell Cam Review

dbs179

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the review. I was looking for a doorbell with possibility to integrate alerts to Home Assistant and to record video via Motioned and it looks like perfect option.
But I have one question about this model: how securely it is mounted to the holder?
I read the manual and as I understood it just snaps to a plastic holder and can be easily removed. I am afraid that it may be stolen.
It does just snap to the mount and the mount is made of plastic. To remove it properly you need a small pin tool they give you. It looks like the tool used to remove a Cell Phone Sim Card, but a paper clip would work fine. Also the mount is only held on with two small screws so if someone really wanted it, it wouldn't take much to rip it off the mount, rip the mount off the wall, or just use a paperclip and remove it normally.

I just installed this doorbell camera today. Very impressed with the picture quality and Wi-Fi performance. It connected to my 5 GHz network, which I was not expecting. The only thing I need to find out is if there is a way to update the key frame configuration to match the frames per second other than API calls. Also, it doesn't look like there's a web interface to connect via browser, is that right?
Take a look at the posts above from @planetix He lists the commands to set the key frames. There is no web UI but you can still issue commands through a browser to read and configure certain settings. He also links the full API documentation which has other settings also.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It does just snap to the mount and the mount is made of plastic. To remove it properly you need a small pin tool they give you. It looks like the tool used to remove a Cell Phone Sim Card, but a paper clip would work fine. Also the mount is only held on with two small screws so if someone really wanted it, it wouldn't take much to rip it off the mount, rip the mount off the wall, or just use a paperclip and remove it normally.

Take a look at the posts above from @planetix He lists the commands to set the key frames. There is no web UI but you can still issue commands through a browser to read and configure certain settings. He also links the full API documentation which has other settings also.
Got it, that worked well to adjust the key frame. I’ve never done that before!

Now, I need to find out how to configure the sub stream in BI and I’ll be set.

UPDATE: This worked for me...
1626910275888.png

Last edited:

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Theft problem solved ;)
Yeah, your favorite bird can live in there and squawk out some chimes for you.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you maybe right about a web interface. As I recall. my older model just opens a browser tab called "Web Service" when you surf to that IP.Screenshot 2021-07-21 183514.png

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Night mode is not looking very good. Anyone found better settings than default?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you choose a different resolution in the Cam? or maybe you have congestion/traffic on the wifi channel....It's 9:15 at night up here. still some light. were falling back to 8:51 for Sunset.Screenshot 2021-07-21 211205.png

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The day image looks very nice. Signal is very good and I'm using the best resolution.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
It's job is to illuminate faces at the or approaching the door. So the IR is not going to throw far.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's job is to illuminate faces at the or approaching the door. So the IR is not going to throw far.
I have a Dahua wedge at the same door up higher and it's much better. Perhaps I'm expecting too much?

dnahas

n3wb
Reaction score

Assuming you've already configured your main and sub streams to 15 fps via the app (personally I use h.265/CBR/15fps for both) to match your key frame interval issue the following commands:

Code:
http://camera.ip.address/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Encode[0].MainFormat[0].Video.GOP=15
Code:
http://camera.ip.address/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Encode[0].ExtraFormat[0].Video.GOP=15
Huge Thanks! AI detection is now much better!! As a long time lurker of the forum, I registered just to say thank you!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
posted some shots of his 410. he has it on a back porch. nobody uses the front. deliveries in the rear.....k.jpgnght2.jpgnght.jpg

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
So I am receiving this Amcrest AD410 later tonight, to replace the inimical Ring Pro, which has been next to useless in responding to doorbell presses via their app. I don't want to block the internet as I wish to use the Amcrest app. I also want to integrate it with BI and possibly HomeSeer.

On my to-do list will be to assure there's a static IP in the device, and to set the iframe to 15 for both streams, and to download and use the "Amcrest Surveillance Pro" program to set the image quality sharpness. Hope the API calls will be straight forward.

JazzRock

n3wb
Reaction score
I wish I would have found this forum much earlier! Lots of good info here to make some of the helpful adjustments, though my technical skills are limited. I expect to receive the 410 today and will be installing tomorrow. I use a Synology DiskStation NAS and their Surveillance Station software. I have a bunch of cameras in my home. I'm replacing a Nest Hello so that I can record video to my own cloud...the nas.

I see where changing the fps to 15 is mentioned often and there are directions how to do that. Why is this important?

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone with the Ad410 figured out how to keep the ip address static? Using the Surveillance Pro tool I imputed the necessary info in the network menu and they apparently were saved, but the doorbell still randomly jumps to another ip address from time to time.