New Amcrest AD410 doorbell Cam Review

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone in the UK managed to find a source for this?

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@planetix,

Thanks for being a guinea pig; too bad, I was thinking of replacing my first gen Hik-based doorbell.
Have you upgraded you doorbell yet? I'm still using Ubell rebranded Hikvision for over 3 years and looking to upgrade.
The AD410 looks tempting considering I have since purchased Amcrest NVR and cameras.
The Hikvision works fine recording 24/7 to the NVR but wondering if I'd be happier with upgrade?

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just got one of these delivered. I'm going through setup and it seems to be working. But, before I set it up in BI I want to set it to a static IP address.
It seems the only way to do this is through the web interface using API commands like the ones I have seen on this thread.
I'm a bit nervous of bricking the thing so would like some guidance on the commands I need to achive this if possible please?
I have used the API to display current setup but done nothing to change any settings so far.
Any guidance appreciated.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just got one of these delivered. I'm going through setup and it seems to be working. But, before I set it up in BI I want to set it to a static IP address.
It seems the only way to do this is through the web interface using API commands like the ones I have seen on this thread.
I'm a bit nervous of bricking the thing so would like some guidance on the commands I need to achive this if possible please?
I have used the API to display current setup but done nothing to change any settings so far.
Any guidance appreciated.
My doorbell has no capability to set static IP but I have assigned it one through the router and it hasn't changed.

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Bob NWI, I appreciate I could do that but every other device on my network that I require to have a static IP is set up on the device itself. There must be a way to do it on the AD410.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Bob NWI, I appreciate I could do that but every other device on my network that I require to have a static IP is set up on the device itself. There must be a way to do it on the AD410.
I hear what you're saying but maybe there are limitations by the manufacturer to prevent playing around with settings? It definitely appears that way with my doorbell which is why I use the router static IP.
Also, did I read somewhere that the AD410 may be ONVIF compliant and/or logged into through browser via IP address? Thanks in advance

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes it's ONVIF Compliant.
Browsing the IP address in chrome loads a blank page.
You can view and set many parameters via cgi commands in the url string. I have displayed various settings but not sure of the right ones to set things like IP, Default gateway, dns etc.
Hence my question here.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, it is possible to change the IP address to a static one that will work with Blue Iris. HOWEVER --- in doing so, you will lose the ability to connect to the doorbell with the phone app. If you are OK with that, then simply use the Config Tool app mentioned upthread to change the IP address to one of your choosing.

Note that there appears to be an option in the Android app to change the IP address (Open the device in the app - navigate to Device Information - then IP Address - landing you on a page called Change IP Address with all zeros shown for 'Wireless IP'), but every time I've tried to specify a new IP Address it never 'takes.'

iantan

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in the UK and it looks like the only way I get one is by ordering from the US, did anyone find a UK supplier?

Second question, I'll use this to replace a nest doorbell, is there any way to get it to work with Google home? I don't have an actual door bell, or sounder, I just use the nest to send a broadcast through my Google home devices that someone is at the front door.

I need to set up a home assistant system for the house but I just haven't had time recently and to use Google home would be really useful as I'm working overseas at present.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy is looking to add this to his list of cameras to sell, contact him to see if he has now and the price with shipping to UK... See email address in his post below:

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm in the UK and it looks like the only way I get one is by ordering from the US, did anyone find a UK supplier?

Second question, I'll use this to replace a nest doorbell, is there any way to get it to work with Google home? I don't have an actual door bell, or sounder, I just use the nest to send a broadcast through my Google home devices that someone is at the front door.

I need to set up a home assistant system for the house but I just haven't had time recently and to use Google home would be really useful as I'm working overseas at present.
I'm UK based and got mine on amazon.com.
Delivery was fast and no import duties so all in all, pretty good service.
Not sure about Google setup. I'm hoping to get it working with Alexa at some point but haven't even looked that far yet.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm UK based and got mine on amazon.com.
Delivery was fast and no import duties so all in all, pretty good service.
Not sure about Google setup. I'm hoping to get it working with Alexa at some point but haven't even looked that far yet.

What did you decide about the static IP? If you find a way to set a fixed IP so it's accessible in both BI and the phone app, please post it here.

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What did you decide about the static IP? If you find a way to set a fixed IP so it's accessible in both BI and the phone app, please post it here.
I missed the bit in the post above that said you lose access via the phone app above. At the moment I am having trouble getting it set up properly in BI so I need the app fopr 2 way speaking. Untill I can get it all working in BI I'm not going to even worry about a static IP. I may allocate it the one it's taken in the router so it doesn't move but will revisit if and when I get it all working through BI.

On that score has anyone got it "fully" working in BI?
I'm struggling with
  1. Getting the substream set up.
  2. Getting 2 way audio working.
  3. As in this discussion setting a static IP.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I missed the bit in the post above that said you lose access via the phone app above. At the moment I am having trouble getting it set up properly in BI so I need the app fopr 2 way speaking. Untill I can get it all working in BI I'm not going to even worry about a static IP. I may allocate it the one it's taken in the router so it doesn't move but will revisit if and when I get it all working through BI.

On that score has anyone got it "fully" working in BI?
I'm struggling with
  1. Getting the substream set up.
  2. Getting 2 way audio working.
  3. As in this discussion setting a static IP.

Attached is a BI screenshot showing the Video and Audio settings. I am successfully getting Main and Sub streams with those settings.

AD410Video.JPG

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Attached is a BI screenshot showing the Video and Audio settings. I am successfully getting Main and Sub streams with those settings.

View attachment 104206
Thanks icpilot (although you posted the same pic twice ).
In the meantime I have found this on YouTube and it results in pretty much the same settings.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks icpilot (although you posted the same pic twice ).
In the meantime I have found this on YouTube and it results in pretty much the same settings.

It's been a tough day. And I still only see one of that screenshot, so I am definitely OFF.

While posting to my neighbors about a group of teen hooligans throwing eggs at homes and vehicles, my "Alley Cam" alerted me to some intruders. Went back to 'encourage' them to leave, and ended up having to pepper spray the crap out of one of them. I can still taste the overspray as I'm typing this .... Like I said, a little bit of a tough day. :)

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's been a tough day. And I still only see one of that screenshot, so I am definitely OFF.

While posting to my neighbors about a group of teen hooligans throwing eggs at homes and vehicles, my "Alley Cam" alerted me to some intruders. Went back to 'encourage' them to leave, and ended up having to pepper spray the crap out of one of them. I can still taste the overspray as I'm typing this .... Like I said, a little bit of a tough day. :)
Oh no, here's hoping tomorrow brings a better day for you

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Amcrest Surveilance Pro App to set the AD410 up?
More to the point has anyone found a way to set the iFrame to match the FPS?
The surveilance Pro app seems to have more settings available but I still can't see where I can set up the iFrame.
I'm attaching screenshots of the BI Status, The BI Setup for the camera and what I see in Surveilance Pro.
I haven't tried to change anything in surveilance pro because
  1. It doesn't seem to have 'imported' the current settings of the camera, rather it's showing the defaults.
  2. I can't see what settings I need to set the iFrame up.
Also of note is that Surveilance Pro gives the option to set a static IP. If I use that would I lose the phone app connectivity?
I have it in and working pretty well. It will need some tweaking though. I do get, on occasions, jittery video wich is why I'm trying to adjust the iFrame to match FPS. As I believe this may help.
If I can gt that set up and maybe a static IP set I think I'll be cooking on gas :)

BI Screen Grab2.jpgBI Status Screen Grab.jpgSurveilanceProScreenGrab.jpg

baizej

n3wb
Reaction score
For setting iframes and frame rate I just used the API calls mentioned earlier I this thread. On mobile so can't find them easily, but they are URLs you can put in your browser that will make the rest call which will make the change.

cliver

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For setting iframes and frame rate I just used the API calls mentioned earlier I this thread. On mobile so can't find them easily, but they are URLs you can put in your browser that will make the rest call which will make the change.
Thanks baizej, worked a treat.