New Amcrest AD410 doorbell Cam Review

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Amcrest FW can be flashed to the Lorex unit?

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone attempting that. Flashing should be possible through the config tool "Device Upgrade" option, but if the AD410 will accept Lorex F/W and not brick is a different matter.

So is it still true that Lorex firmware neuters the Dahua HTTP API over port 80 ability? If so, that's a huge loss of functionality.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So is it still true that Lorex firmware neuters the Dahua HTTP API over port 80 ability? If so, that's a huge loss of functionality.
Yup... this is why I would like to flash it, but don't want to be the guy that bricks it...heh

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh! I had mistakenly read your question backwards and thought you were wanting to update an AD410 to Lorex firmware. Adding API capability, not removing it, of course makes a lot more sense. At the chip level, they are the same, but theoretically possible is still just a gamble.

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
anyone know how to disable h265?
i did it via software to h264 as seen here BUT it keeps changing back to h265 after power cycle or reboot...

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm looking to do this on the Lorex as well, loaded up the SmartPSS app, and it seems it can do it, but last time I used this appplication it totally screwed up the doorbell I had to remove it and do a reset to get it back to working.

pvburton

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody with the AD410 setup for a mechanical chime have a dump of the relevant API config settings? I HAD this working a bit ago but lost it after a power reset. I don't want to bother taking mine off of its VLAN and going thru the cloud setup just to figure out these settings if somebody else has them.
Here's what I THINK they are (at least what I thought was working for me), but no dice now :

action=setConfig&ExternalDoorBell.Enable=true&ExternalDoorBell.Type=1&ExternalDoorBell.Time=0.3

Thanks in Advance!

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyone have the API call that will set the WDR and amount of WDR for this camera? I've tried both the Amcrest IP Config app and Amcrest Surveillance Pro. Neither one works. It saves my setting but doesn't change the actual video to reflect the change. Thanks!

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi @105437

I obtained the following setting by comparing the config before/after making a WDR change via the SmartHome app. Subsequent updates for the AD110 have oddly removed the WDR option in the app, but the config still has these settings. The AD410 can still enable/disable WDR via the SH app, but omits being able to set a value.

To confirm current WDR setting:
http://<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=VideoInOptions[0].WideDynamicRange

To change WDR:
http://<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInOptions[0].WideDynamicRange=35

(A WDR value of 0 turns it off)

UPDATE: Just now got a notice to update my AD110 firmware and found that it restored the WDR option in the app it had from the beginning! This includes being able to set a WDR range from 1-5.

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks @GaryOkie, I tried the commands and still saw no change. I then went to the SmartHome app on my iPhone. I noticed under the video settings that the WDR setting was off. I turned it on and then the camera immediately changed and used the WDR setting. The problem is, the WDR setting will not remain on in the SmartHome app. The app doesn't see a firmware update available and is currently using firmware dated 022021.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Huh, apparently the iOS SH app is not working exactly the same as the Android version. I am surprised the update notification was only working for Android (as of today). My AD110 wasn't showing any WDR option at all until this update was installed. I would suggest asking Amcrest Support for the latest firmware and ask them why iOS SH isn't providing an in-app cloud update.

Hopefully the firmware update will also fix the WDR behavior in the app as well.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Forgot to ask - do you have the AD110 or AD410? If the latter, then the auto-update notice for the newer firmware isn't yet enabled for Android either. Also, for the AD410, the WDR option is present, but only for enable/disable. I will check my AD410 to see if it uses the same WDR config settings. I'm thinking the newer hardware may have different settings.

UPDATE: When I first installed my AD410, I captured the config before I made any changes via any app or API. Here are the default settings where WideDynamic range is referenced. They are obviously very different from the simplistic AD110.

ReplaceWideDynamicRangeMode=false

VideoInBacklight[0][0].WideDynamicRange=50

VideoInOptions[0].NightOptions.WideDynamicRange=0
VideoInOptions[0].NightOptions.WideDynamicRangeMode=0

VideoInExposure[0][0].WideDynamicRange=0
VideoInExposure[0][0].WideDynamicRangeMode=0

VideoInOptions[0].NormalOptions.WideDynamicRange=0
VideoInOptions[0].NormalOptions.WideDynamicRangeMode=0

VideoInOptions[0].NightOptions.WideDynamicRange=0
VideoInOptions[0].NightOptions.WideDynamicRangeMode=0

VideoInOptions[0].WideDynamicRange=1
VideoInOptions[0].WideDynamicRangeMode=0

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have the AD410. It's weird, I set WDR to on in the app, go back to the home screen and then go check the WDR and it doesn't stick. Amcrest support said I'm on the current firmware.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You were misinformed. The latest AD410 version Amcrest Support sends out is 2021-06-10 . Yours is only 4 months older and is the same version I have, but who knows what was fixed? Amcrest doesn't provide release notes, dammit. I have not installed it. Also, my WDR option on the Android SH app does stay enabled.

mooch91

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You were misinformed. The latest AD410 version Amcrest Support sends out is 2021-06-10 . Yours is only 4 months older and is the same version I have, but who knows what was fixed? Amcrest doesn't provide release notes, dammit. I have not installed it. Also, my WDR option on the Android SH app does stay enabled.
How does one get the latest firmware for their 410? I don’t think the app has ever shown an available update, unless it is doing it automatically without me knowing. I think my firmware number suggests 02-20-2021.
Thanks.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
How does one get the latest firmware for their 410? I don’t think the app has ever shown an available update, unless it is doing it automatically without me knowing. I think my firmware number suggests 02-20-2021.
Thanks.
Amcrest support told me I had the most recent over the phone. I'd like to try the 6/10/21 version.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@mooch91 - You should submit a support ticket to Amcrest asking for it. Smart Home Support
And while your're at it, also ask for release notes. I know they won't/can't provide them, but the more we hound them to improve their update process, the better.

Apparently if you contact them by phone, you may get an agent who is uninformed as @105437 experienced.

I concur that the AD410 I purchased in July 2021 came with 2021-02-20 firmware installed and there has never been an app notice to update to a newer version. The firmware will not update on its own, but the app might. Only today did I get a notice in the app to update my older AD110, so they have been incredibly slow or inept in providing these updates via their cloud server given that the "new" firmware is actually over a year old as well.

TheLaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all! Is there anyway to tweak the IR intensity on the AD 410? Mine is so intense I have glare on the left and right of the camera, it's unusable. Thanks!

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi @TheLaw - It's possible to tweak AD110/AD410 IR light settings via the API. In the Amcrest CGI API manual, refer to section 5.1.5 Lighting. To examine the current settings:

<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Lighting

returns for the normal (general) [0][0] profile:

table.Lighting[0][0].Correction=50
table.Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Angle=50
table.Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=20
table.Lighting[0][0].Mode=Auto
table.Lighting[0][0].Sensitive=3

and also:
table.Lighting[0][1]. <same as above, but refers to day profile >
table.Lighting[0][2]. <same as above, but refers to night profile>
table.Lighting[0][3]. <same as above, but [3] not documented>

Note: it's doubtful the AD410 even supports day/night profiles so the Lighting configs other than normal can probably be ignored. The IR luminance is the MiddleLight.Light value. The default luminance is a low 20% (range is 0-100%) but ONLY in manual mode. In Auto (SmartLight) mode, it apparently will dynamically adjust the intensity as it sees fit.

The Angle and Sensitive values aren't clearly described as to their purpose, but I believe these values are used in the PIR motion detection algorithm. The Correction value is only used for a special ZoomPrio mode that isn't supported by the AD410.

You will first need to change the IR Mode to manual, which can be done via the API:
<ip_address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual

Then you can adjust the intensity value (from 0 to 100) via:
<ip_address>/cgi bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=25

Note: Blue Iris users have reported that the IR mode can be changed back to Auto when RTSP streaming is initiated.

TheLaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @TheLaw - It's possible to tweak AD110/AD410 IR light settings via the API. In the Amcrest CGI API manual, refer to section 5.1.5 Lighting. To examine the current settings:

<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Lighting

returns for the normal (general) [0][0] profile:

table.Lighting[0][0].Correction=50
table.Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Angle=50
table.Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=20
table.Lighting[0][0].Mode=Auto
table.Lighting[0][0].Sensitive=3

and also:
table.Lighting[0][1]. <same as above, but refers to day profile >
table.Lighting[0][2]. <same as above, but refers to night profile>
table.Lighting[0][3]. <same as above, but [3] not documented>

Note: it's doubtful the AD410 even supports day/night profiles so the Lighting configs other than normal can probably be ignored. The IR luminance is the MiddleLight.Light value. The default luminance is a low 20% (range is 0-100%) but ONLY in manual mode. In Auto (SmartLight) mode, it apparently will dynamically adjust the intensity as it sees fit.

The Angle and Sensitive values aren't clearly described as to their purpose, but I believe these values are used in the PIR motion detection algorithm. The Correction value is only used for a special ZoomPrio mode that isn't supported by the AD410.

You will first need to change the IR Mode to manual, which can be done via the API:
<ip_address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual

Then you can adjust the intensity value (from 0 to 100) via:
<ip_address>/cgi bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=25

Note: Blue Iris users have reported that the IR mode can be changed back to Auto when RTSP streaming is initiated.
This is very helpful, thank you! It The AD410 appears to go into a night profile if the "Night Vision" setting is triggered on. I tried playing with settings in ASP, but it has some strange effect on the AD410's picture that can only be reset by factory resetting the device. I may keep IR off for now as I have plenty of light around the camera, but I wish a B/W option without IR was available via the APP.