New arrival today, DHL is impressive

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got my order in Today, finally got a good source off of Ali, they tested every cam and sent screen shots, also tested email alerts.

The NVR's are DS-7732N-E4 v3.3.4, the cams DS-2CD3345 v5.3.3, hope no major surprises later.

I noticed the one 2.8mm cam was the only cam that arrived in a branded box, everything else got a brown box.

Got free shipping using DHL and it arrived in 40 hours from China to Jersey. Thats faster then getting something from Fl. Maybe even faster then getting something within the same state.

Thanks DHL.

Sellers Skype is melissa.monitech if anyone needs a good source.

Attachments

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Christmas come early this year mate? :)

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just got my order in Today, finally got a good source off of Ali, they tested every cam and sent screen shots, also tested email alerts.

The NVR's are DS-7732N-E4 v3.3.4, the cams DS-2CD3345 v5.3.3, hope no major surprises later.

I noticed the one 2.8mm cam was the only cam that arrived in a branded box, everything else got a brown box.

Got free shipping using DHL and it arrived in 40 hours from China to Jersey. Thats faster then getting something from Fl. Maybe even faster then getting something within the same state.

Thanks DHL.

Sellers Skype is melissa.monitech if anyone needs a good source.

please report back with the nvr....I need this...but didn't know how good the firmware is.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree. DHL is by far the fastest shipping carrier I have seen. I got my cameras within 2-3 days from China to Vegas. Enjoy your setup there, looks like you spent a lot!

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Everything was fairly priced and matched. You know how it is, once the word gets out among family and friends, everyone wants a set.

I was playing with the cameras today, the quality is nothing compared to the 3mp, very discouraging. Looks like you can no longer tighten down the camera as the old model, and can swivel it anyway you like at anytime after mounting it. Took me a while to figure out how to snap it out of its mount.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Everything was fairly priced and matched. You know how it is, once the word gets out among family and friends, everyone wants a set.

I was playing with the cameras today, the quality is nothing compared to the 3mp, very discouraging. Looks like you can no longer tighten down the camera as the old model, and can swivel it anyway you like at anytime after mounting it. Took me a while to figure out how to snap it out of its mount.
I believe the cheap plastic design is only on the 3 series china region cameras..the 2 series US 4mp turrets should have the same metal design as the 3mp...someone who has one can confirm.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
US 4 MP turret is metal based with the mounting holes in a triangle, like the 3 MP.
the plastic base is two screw holes only and won't fit the regular turret junction box.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you saying you were *not* impressed with the picture quality? That is surprising to hear...

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have not tested the picture yet but thats already confirmed on here of its great day images. Was not impressed with the hardware downgrade, the 3mp is a solid piece. If theres not much of a price difference, I would get the US 4mp model, if there is, then this will have to suffice.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tested a 3mp Chinese language cam VS the new 4mp, both 4mm, aiming at the same envelope, with same settings, without any digital zooming you get the below results when cropping.

3mp

4mp

Attachments

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe the cheap plastic design is only on the 3 series china region cameras..the 2 series US 4mp turrets should have the same metal design as the 3mp...someone who has one can confirm.
Just did some searching, the only 4mp that has a metallic housing is the DS-2CD2342WD-I, which has the Wide Dynamic Range of 120db, while its a completely different model it is the closest to the popular plastic-mount, 4mp floating around.

It also comes up as an overseas item so not sure if this is a US model.

http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/Products_accessries_10508_i7593.html

The DS-2CD2345 is what Im confused about as this model number usually reflects a US model, also comes with a plastic mounting ring.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, these plastic mount will work with the small plastic wall mount for the Dome cameras and looks nice (you should just have two holes for screws). The metal one only works with the the large metal wall mount that some find too large.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The quality of the images and price make up for the plastic mount, but dont think this camera exists with a metallic mount as the DS-2CD2342WD-I is an entirely different cam.

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The Exir DS-2CD2345-I is with metallic mount
Do you by any chance own a DS-2CD2345-I or know if there are any other differences (compared to the DS-2CD3345-I) other than metal vs. plastic mount? In particular, does the DS-2CD2345-I actually have 120dB WDR as listed on the Hikvision website? Thanks!

korsan

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you by any chance own a DS-2CD2345-I or know if there are any other differences (compared to the DS-2CD3345-I) other than metal vs. plastic mount? In particular, does the DS-2CD2345-I actually have 120dB WDR as listed on the Hikvision website? Thanks!
No, only the DS-2CD2342WD-I has 120db wdr