you dont want that one its i5-4570s wrong benchmark
you would want i5-4570 without S or T
that also isnt ssf its ussf

it would be better if you could find a 6 gen since its newer

Fenderman

Does this do Intel acceleration?
Is it too slow?

Thanks

Look at this on eBay HP ELITE DESK 800 G1 CORE i5-4570s QUAD 2.90GHz 8GB DDR3 500GB HDD WIN 10 PRO | eBay

UserBenchmark: Intel Core i5-4570 vs i5-6500

Graphics max memory greater(os this a big deal because is way less that 60+) and architecture measures less in 6500...

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Shan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, it's not worth a toot with the letter behind it? Wth don't they just call all their crappy chips celery like the good old days?

Will Ussf hold a normal 3.5 drive? I'm only going to be running 1 drive locally.
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, it's not worth a toot with the letter behind it? Wth don't they just call all their crappy chips celery like the good old days?

Will Ussf hold a normal 3.5 drive? I'm only going to be running 1 drive locally.
Thanks
no it wont hold the drive...you want SFF or tower.

Shan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, I'm still searching for that one in a real price. Have not seen one yet.

Shan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
im talking about the first one.
234 is overpriced when you can get a two year newer model for about 300...

Fenderman, is this one a good one? Or is it overpriced? Thanks

drmdolfan

n3wb
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Check this out...I'm looking myself and just bought an HP on sale for $499 but this might be a great deal...Acer Desktop Computer Aspire ATC-780A-UR12 Intel Core i5 7th Gen 7400 (3.0 GHz) 8 GB DDR4 1 TB HDD Intel HD Graphics 630 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit - Newegg.com

I don't mean to hijack your question but should I return the HP in favor of the Acer myself? The HP is a i7 6400t (35W) and the Acer i5 is a 7400 (64W)?
The acer only has two open sata ports and one is for the cd drive....you dont really need the cd drive though...
it also runs windows home...
You cannot judge power consumption by tdp...they will likely both user similar amounts of power under load..
What specific hp did you buy?

drmdolfan

n3wb
Reaction score
It is a 510-P136, also very limited in internal and expansion options but at this point I'm not loading it much at all (1 cam).

Shan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The acer only has two open sata ports and one is for the cd drive....you dont really need the cd drive though...
it also runs windows home...
You cannot judge power consumption by tdp...they will likely both user similar amounts of power under load..
What specific hp did you buy?

Other than the drive(no need as you stated) and home factor(I can use team viewer) , how awful of a system is it? Is it worth the $ and does it haul tail for Bi?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Other than the drive(no need as you stated) and home factor(I can use team viewer) , how awful of a system is it? Is it worth the $ and does it haul tail for Bi?
it will be fine...win 10 pro has more options to defer updates though i think there is more control given back in home with the latest 10 updates...I prefer using hp or dell business systems..

drmdolfan

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys - I see a lot of folks looking for i5s and even i7s on the cheap to run BI and I don't usually have much luck on eBay so I wanted to share a few (minimal) models I'm seeing pop up for less than $500...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - I see a lot of folks looking for i5s and even i7s on the cheap to run BI and I don't usually have much luck on eBay so I wanted to share a few (minimal) models I'm seeing pop up for less than $500...
You simply need to be patient...heck, im using an i7-6700 elitedesk that i paid 400 for...also look for best offers options..

Shan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well keep us posted because we are ALL looking for a 400$ i7...

drmdolfan

n3wb
Reaction score
i7s and i5s are increasingly available at sub $500 and $400 levels, respectively, even in the non-eBay (i.e. retail) marketplace), if you look around for the deals. Good luck! True that I possibly overpaid compared to eBay. I'll let you guys know how my system holds up over time.