New computer needed for Blue Iris

ndstate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check this out...I'm looking myself and just bought an HP on sale for $499 but this might be a great deal...Acer Desktop Computer Aspire ATC-780A-UR12 Intel Core i5 7th Gen 7400 (3.0 GHz) 8 GB DDR4 1 TB HDD Intel HD Graphics 630 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit - Newegg.com

I don't mean to hijack your question but should I return the HP in favor of the Acer myself? The HP is a i7 6400t (35W) and the Acer i5 is a 7400 (64W)?
I was just going to ask about that Acer. It's $399 now. Thoughts? Probably going to have 5-7 3mp Hiks.

Shan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Crazy stuff... I updated windows 10 from fresh install and now I am at 20%.. I was at 100 and very slow.. Any ideas on what clicked in updates for this thing?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Shan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was just going to ask about that Acer. It's $399 now. Thoughts? Probably going to have 5-7 3mp Hiks.
That could be a great deal.. @fenderman is this the ticket?? What does 7400 signify vs an i7 with higher numbers?
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That could be a great deal.. @fenderman is this the ticket?? What does 7400 signify vs an i7 with higher numbers?
Thanks

Buy a business system....its about the same cost and worth it..

drmdolfan

n3wb
Reaction score
Crazy stuff... I updated windows 10 from fresh install and now I am at 20%.. I was at 100 and very slow.. Any ideas on what clicked in updates for this thing?

When you say 'updated from fresh install' it sounds like you reloaded your box from scratch - so you might have removed or reconfigured some AV or other applications or drivers from your previous setup that were consuming cycles...?

Shan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When you say 'updated from fresh install' it sounds like you reloaded your box from scratch - so you might have removed or reconfigured some AV or other applications or drivers from your previous setup that were consuming cycles...?
No idea. It was slow on an older other computer, then I started fresh last week on newer machine.. . Still slow. Joined this forum... Asked questions to fenderman who is awesome.. Noticed it didn't do the big update package.. Now that is in all seems way better.... Still want a screaming fast business box that no one would want to steal

steltek

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have a spare OS disc laying around, Dell Small Business has a clearance deal on a new T30 server box:

New PowerEdge T30 Mini Tower Server | Dell United States

Use coupon code 349T30 at checkout to get price down to $349+tax, free shipping.

Has an Intel E3-1225 V5 processor (Xeon i7 equivalent) which has onboard HD P530 graphics (supports Quick Sync video), 8GB of memory, 1TB hard drive, and DVDRW drive.

Last edited:

Shan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you have a spare OS disc laying around, Dell Small Business has a clearance deal on a new T30 server box:

New PowerEdge T30 Mini Tower Server | Dell United States

Use coupon code 349T30 at checkout to get price down to $349+tax, free shipping.

Has an Intel E3-1225 V5 processor (Xeon i7 equivalent) which has onboard HD P530 graphics (supports Quick Sync video), 8GB of memory, 1TB hard drive, and DVDRW drive.
Thanks so much for posting this..

It says 4 gig not 8 on site.

Will I be able to use old dell win7 pro cd and register it? As in will there be a windows sticker/service tag in bios that will allow it to be fully functional in/on this new box?

Last edited:

steltek

n3wb
Reaction score
The offer is for 8GB memory. Try clearing your browser cache/cookies, or use another browser to access the link.

As for the Dell Windows 7 OS disc, no it probably won't activate as Dell doesn't support desktop OSes on their servers. It is a Skylake CPU so it is doable to get Windows 7 up and running --- you'll have to search for compatible drivers. For Win7, always try any available Win Server 2008 R2 drivers as they quite often work with Win7. Win10 is probably more likely to work seamlessly and be able to find drivers automatically as the lower end Dell servers are usually derived from their Precision workstation lines.

In short, buy it with the understanding that it will take some elbow grease on your part to get it running with a desktop OS.

Last edited:

Shan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK I got into the deal,thanks.. I had to go for big money one and apply code as you stated. So, Win10 personal or pro will work just fine? I wonder where the best deal is for that.?

Shan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok I just got me one.. 471$ in total savings AND FREE next day shipping!!! THANKS!! Now to find WIN10 64bit PRO on the CHEAP.. will OEM license work??