New Computer

janbo

n3wb
Reaction score
Time to update, have been running a Dell OptiPlex 7010 i5 for about 2 years which was recommended by Fenderman. Just trying to get some ideas of which way to go.

Thanks

Ron

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Time to update, have been running a Dell OptiPlex 7010 i5 for about 2 years which was recommended by Fenderman. Just trying to get some ideas of which way to go.

Thanks

Ron
Is there a specific reason for upgrading?

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
make sure hardware acceleration is turn on
must also do it on each camera
and direct-to-disc enabled

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@janbo, what resolutions and frame rates are you running those cameras at?
Did you implement the suggestions that idasilva made?

janbo

n3wb
Reaction score
The hardware acceleration is turn on, running direct-to-disc, 15 fps and the cameras are Hikvision DS 2CD2032

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The hardware acceleration is turn on, running direct-to-disc, 15 fps and the cameras are Hikvision DS 2CD2032
Something is wrong, you pc should handle that just fine.
First, check each camera again and confirm you are recording direct to disk, Hardware decoding is on and you are recording to BVR (blue iris dvr format). There have been numerous times where folks have missed a camera or two.
Second, set the live preview rate to 10fps. Blue iris options>cameras, this will not affect recording.
Are you logging in to this pc using remote viewing software? or using a local monitor?
Are you using intel hd video or is there a discrete card in the system? (blue iris needs intel hd for HA).
Have you set hardware acceleration to h.264 and NO VPP..make sure VPP is off.
are you running the cams at 3mp or 1080p?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Change fps to 10, turned off VPP.
Great, most of the reduction is likely the result of the vpp...as noted in the release notes, vpp is only intended when using a small number of cameras with limited bandwidth...
Did you change the recording fps to 10 or the live preview to 10?

janbo

n3wb
Reaction score
Where do I find that, recording-live preview? Using BI DVR

Reaction score
I have often found if you regularly clear logs the CPU usage load is much lower. I am in the habit now of reviewing and clearing the logs daily

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have often found if you regularly clear logs the CPU usage load is much lower. I am in the habit now of reviewing and clearing the logs daily
That makes no sense..You are wasting your time

Reaction score
I know it sounds like it should make no sense, but seriously my computer goes from 25-30% load to 10-15% load after clearing the logs. Consistently.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know it sounds like it should make no sense, but seriously my computer goes from 25-30% load to 10-15% load after clearing the logs. Consistently.
There is something else going on...Are you remoting into the system?