New Dahua install

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Progress on the camera part.

Front 2 mini ptz 22204 on 3meter height.

Right side under carport near front door 2 x 5231

Back door 5231

Veranda door 5231

The 5231 units are like head hight installed. I do not reall like the looks of it, but it will be effective.

One 5231 is heigher (3 meters) and peeks over the gate next to the house

One advantage is that from behind the fence the backdoor and verande cameras are not visable,
The 49225 will be visable though Still needs to be installed.

Last edited:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All cameras are mounted, but i am still building my network up.
Have finisched the outer light, and i doubt i need any IR lights

Under the carport i will use a sensor for these 2 lights . The smaller lights all around the house are on in the dark hours for now.

Al*_*

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Under the carport i will use a sensor for these 2 lights
Very nice project. Well done!
In the beginning you mentioned the initial plan to install Optex sensors? Changed plans or will you put them on later. I'm curious how well they would work with your setup.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is the back of the house with the 49225 ptz and the 5231 near the doors.

As for the optex sensors, they still will go in, but the tubes under the floors are not yet brought in to the utilities “room” which we call “meterkast” in Dutch. My prioritys are in the house itself to keep the ladys happy. So lot of ceiling lights are installed. We emptyd the moving boxes, so they can go back to the moving company etc.

Will report back once i have the system running. My basic network is up with switches in the utilities room and the tech room at 2nd floor. So i can connect the camera’s but i still need to rack mount the DVR.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
looks like multiple of your neighbors have cameras too. awesome lol
yours look good. Maybe I missed it but thought about painting them brick color to blend in?

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
looks like multiple of your neighbors have cameras too. awesome lol
yours look good. Maybe I missed it but thought about painting them brick color to blend in?
That neighbor complained about my camera setup. He was worried about his privacy when he walks or drivers over the road in front of our house due to the amount of cameras i have.

We do have rules that you cannot film the public space in general. Only an part of the picture when you watch over your propertie is ok. Since i park my car on the side of the road, i need to watch over the road off course.

Last edited:

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting.
Here, public property is free to be filmed and if you're on public property you are also free to be filmed.
Even more, if you're standing on public property you can film anything/anyone you see from there.
You could stand on the street and film someone in their yard...

Not sure if I missed it, you keeping them white?

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can make photo’s in public space. But a camera that records is not supposed to record the general traffic movement. You are allowed to film your car parked on public parking space like in front of your house. If tou than record part of the road it is allowed.

Slider

n3wb
Reaction score
Why the PTZ's at the corners when you have all the doors and porch covered with stationery ones?
Do you have more camera's planned just below the roofline or are those lights?

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Under the rain gutter or what it is in English there are dahua mounts. The ethernet cables are inside somewhat protected.
Front i have 2 x 10 watt IR lights.

It are mini ptz as i originally wanted those as i was not sure of the angle and area i wanted to cover when the house was on the drawing table Then the 5231 came and i selected those for the other positions.

I sort of hoped the LED lamps we have round the house would light out the scene enough. This seems not the case.
These 22204 units in day mode at night suck.

One of my 5231 units is also having problems with the LED lights and gives quite dark image.
I need to find time to tweak it, as the other gives me an excelent picture with the light the LED lamps have.

Might swap the 22204 for the IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE full color unit, that fits the pfb-203 mount.

Edit:
They arrived, @EMPIRETECANDY thanks for the fast service.

I like the improvement.

This is with 2 x 5 watt led lights on the front. And screenshot from the ipad app

Last edited:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

This is with the 2x 5 watt led lights off.
So it seems too mich light near the camera makes the image go darker further away.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The local government installed lamp posts. The image of the 4239 really improved, you can count the street stones by night now. That is both near and far from the camera.

Al*_*

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you can count the street stones by night now
TRUE! But why bother, they will be there the next morning.... What about driving by cars and people crawling arround your house?

I'm still curious about the project you started/planed with the Optex sensors. Combined with some IR and or LED white light would help you much more with ID in comparison with a couple street lights. Keep us posted. Thanks.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice job using the mounts for the turrets and the mini ptzs. I think this gives the install such a clean look, plus you get a safe place to tuck the connection.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I will replace one 5231 with a 4239R as this now blows out the fence with its IR

Only advantage now is someone climbing over the fence will be very visable. But the rest of the image is too dark. I have extra IR here which is around 3 M up. This lights out everything including the street.
But together they do like 18 Watts. Since i already have LED lamp there, neighbor has light on at night time and the lamp post in the street, i can do with a real color camera and have color all the time for like 10 Watts less.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will replace one 5231 with a 4239R as this now blows out the fence with its IR

Only advantage now is someone climbing over the fence will be very visable. But the rest of the image is too dark. I have extra IR here which is around 3 M up. This lights out everything including the street.
But together they do like 18 Watts. Since i already have LED lamp there, neighbor has light on at night time and the lamp post in the street, i can do with a real color camera and have color all the time for like 10 Watts less.
consider rotating 5231 90 degrees (physically and in software).

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
TRUE! But why bother, they will be there the next morning.... What about driving by cars and people crawling arround your house?

I'm still curious about the project you started/planed with the Optex sensors. Combined with some IR and or LED white light would help you much more with ID in comparison with a couple street lights. Keep us posted. Thanks.
We have the heatpump operational now, but the garden is still a mess.
Further we are in discussion with the local government to expand the garden area. If that is possible, the sensors need to move over like 3 meters all. So I did not start that yet. The front facing Optex I should install as my wife does mentioned the cable that is there several times already. I change work and will have few weeks free time, so than I will try to at least do the forward facing Optex near the cars.

consider rotating 5231 90 degrees (physically and in software).
That is still a option yes, but I think I will still have too much IR hitting the fence and a dark background.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's easy enough to try before you take it down. A 2231 could also be an option vertically with the IR on top.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have already ordered the replacement camera via @EMPIRETECANDY and will move this 5231 to other side of the house watching the most easy entry onto the Garage and carport roof as I will have solar panels there also. There is no light there so I need IR. This seemed the best thing to do.
The 22204 units I did replace also I do still have. Perhaps mount one up under the roof at the front where the Dual IR is now at (not working as most likely the ISDN splitter did not like 20 watts going through it) Have another pfb203 mount at back of the house and can install the other 22204 there. Can just peak over the fence there at the back of the house.