New Dahua N22AL12 Budget Cam w/Starlight

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, it's a Starlight model and B&H Photo sells it for $53? Wow.

I haven't seen anyone here post about using one yet. Based on it's .005 min Lux rating, it seems like its low-light image quality might be a smidge better than the traditional 2MP 1/2.8" Starlights (.006 min Lux). Not sure if that'd be noticeable, but interesting none-the-less!

I don't see a match for it on Dahua's international site, but I could be missing it.

From what I see on the international site, it's the "Lite" 4MP models that get paired with the 1/2.7" sensors (.005 min Lux):

The international 2MP "Lite" models look to use a 1/2.8" sensor with a better min Lux (0.002):

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh wow, someone review this one quick :D

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm, it's a Starlight model and B&H Photo sells it for $53? Wow.

I haven't seen anyone here post about using one yet. Based on it's .005 min Lux rating, it seems like its low-light image quality might be a smidge better than the traditional 2MP 1/2.8" Starlights (.006 min Lux). Not sure if that'd be noticeable, but interesting none-the-less!

I don't see a match for it on Dahua's international site, but I could be missing it.

From what I see on the international site, it's the "Lite" 4MP models that get paired with the 1/2.7" sensors (.005 min Lux):

The international 2MP "Lite" models look to use a 1/2.8" sensor with a better min Lux (0.002):
Those are USA region cameras, I have not used them yet but my Distributor has em for $62, They are claiming to be starlight but Im not sure about that at that price point. I will grab one from them for testing.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Haha, pretty soon the stars in the sky will be filing a dispute and claiming that they're the starlight :lol:

Those are USA region cameras, I have not used them yet but my Distributor has em for $62, They are claiming to be starlight but Im not sure about that at that price point. I will grab one from them for testing.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea those are a fairly new add for sure, I have been claimoring to them for a long time about NOT having decent starlight cams, they are well aware that the USA distributors have been getting there lunch eaten by the International models so this might be their answer, I will have one on the way tomorrow. Just very curious who makes the sensor.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
The more I look at that cam I do not believe its a Starvis sensor, they have a 3.6mm model with a starvis sensor going for $188
Dahua DH-IPC-HDBW4239RN-ASE, to be fair that is a EPOE cam also so who knows.

EDIT-------> NOT a starvis sensor, Dahua USA saying only that's a progressive scan.

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
So I called my supplier, Only 40 of them in the Country right now, I believe I got one coming, Because Dahua in the spec sheet did not say what kind of sensor it was, he is going to find out. We will see.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The more I look at that cam I do not believe its a Starvis sensor, they have a 3.6mm model with a starvis sensor going for $188
Dahua DH-IPC-HDBW4239RN-ASE, to be fair that is a EPOE cam also so who knows.

EDIT-------> NOT a starvis sensor, Dahua USA saying only that's a progressive scan.
Oh, so that would explain the price difference, ah and I ordered one as well just to test, will post comparison pictures

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Wait so it may still contain STARVIS sensor? Could be something similar, but unbranded, but made to the same spec, anything possible these days, Samsung vs. Apple, :lol:

So I called my supplier, Only 40 of them in the Country right now, I believe I got one coming, Because Dahua in the spec sheet did not say what kind of sensor it was, he is going to find out. We will see.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm actually receiving mine tomorrow as well, will be interesting as to what the turn out will be

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm actually receiving mine tomorrow as well, will be interesting as to what the turn out will be
I know mine is coming from Cali, might be a few days for me. Where did u get it from ?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The paint quality is superb

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This camera does not have onboard mic, nor does it support external mic, supported junction box is the PFA136
This is the 2.8mm focal length model, all-metal construction

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
This camera does not have onboard mic, nor does it support external mic, supported junction box is the PFA136
This is the 2.8mm focal length model, all-metal construction
Wow looking good, looking forward to outside pics.