New Dahua N22AL12 Budget Cam w/Starlight

Reaction score
Any updates? Would love to see outside.
Do wish it had a mic but for the $ i guess you can’t have everything.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I saw these added to B&H and and thought even for a bare minimum budget camera specs didn't seem bad. Can't wait for more reviews and input on these. The $80 Dahua budget 4mp cameras Andy showed seem excellent too on a budget.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Any updates? Would love to see outside.
Do wish it had a mic but for the $ i guess you can’t have everything.
I got mine tonight, I will fuq with it sometime this week, My bones ain't gunna be messing around in the cold weather if I don't have too. Its going down to 12 here tonight.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
No snow, lol

I got mine tonight, I will fuq with it sometime this week, My bones ain't gunna be messing around in the cold weather if I don't have too. Its going down to 12 here tonight.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's been out of stock and B&H raised the price to the normal price of 64.95. At 65 I'd rather get one of Andy's cameras and wait. 52 though it was quite a deal while it lasted.

When I asked B&H about the price change.

"My apologies this is due to a recent sales pricing special from Dahua that has ended and is no longer available and has expired."

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And just when i wanted to order 5.... Does anyone know for how much other distributors sell it for (registered customer pricing)?

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And just when i wanted to order 5.... Does anyone know for how much other distributors sell it for (registered customer pricing)?
I would wait to see what Andy has to say if he has anything comparable.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I actually wanted to get 4 once they came back in stock due to the wide fov and 2mp plus 5 year warranty.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I ordered one from B&H several days ago for $52.50 delivered. It's on backorder probably because everyone jumped on them at that BlackFriday/CyberMonday sale. I was looking for a cheapish dome cam to put in the garage mostly just to visually check that the garage door is closed but also to see who's coming through the garage door. The price is back up to $74.99 on B&H.

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not to start the whole Dahua vs Hikvision talk, but are DS-2CD2142FWD-ISB-6MM at $69 or
ECI-T24F4 at $74 better values? (aside from focal distance and form factor)

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI - still a good deal compared to other 2MP starlight cameras sold by US vendors.
yeah i thought about it, still researching cameras to find the best starlight, enhanced, or plus that can see in near dark with no IR. i may just order from andy. so far looking at the new 2231ZS and maybe the 5442 color, i expect to be disappointed on the full color because i only have (1) 25watt light bulb in the driveway. I feel like i've been researching for 6 months lol, even longer.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i thought about it, still researching cameras to find the best starlight, enhanced, or plus that can see in near dark with no IR. i may just order from andy. so far looking at the new 2231ZS and maybe the 5442 color, i expect to be disappointed on the full color because i only have (1) 25watt light bulb in the driveway. I feel like i've been researching for 6 months lol, even longer.
Hi @funkybunch

I really do like the varifocal models.. worth the extra cost in many cases where you really need to customize the FOV to get the appropriate pixel density on a target area.

But according to the rep I spoke with MSRP is 64.95.
Hi Safetyfirst,

MSRP is a funny thing at times, I've seen some crazy variations by some vendors.

Still $65, $75 for a 2MP Dahua OEM starlight is a good deal - if you find it or a similar one for a better price PLEASE LET US know.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
For the price I think it'll turn out to be a great budget camera. The average cost of my other cameras is $150 so at $52.50 the Dahua N22AL12 is the perfect budget cam for inside just the garage space which is about 23 x 20 feet. But, I imagine someone with a make or break budget it'll be more than good enough for a "better than nothing" camera.