New Dahua PTZ

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I like the "looks" also.. Any word on price points?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I already asked my connection for a price. I was told price is not available yet. It does look like a nice little unit and with IR's which is nice. I'm guessing it's under 500usd since it's only 4x.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice, I have been looking to get a PZT and x4 optical would be pretty god for where I would put the camera (basically to scan the front of the house). So I don't need a 30x zoom, though I would LOVE to get one and then have it put up on the top of our radio tower at work (380ft), man that would be awesome.

Anyway, as for this camera, I wonder how the night vision will be. So far I am not impressed with Dahua's night vision compared to HIKVISION. My HIKVISION cameras are a lot clearer compared to the Dahua's and for the life of me I can't find a combination of settings on the Dahua's that helps very much. Hopefully this one has better IR.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Overcon, what is your budget for a PTZ with IR? I can get a 1.3mp with 23x and amazing IR's for a decent price. On another note, this little ptz I just found out the price this morning from China and I ordered a couple of them. I won't see them for roughly a month though.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So far I am not impressed with Dahua's night vision compared to HIKVISION. My HIKVISION cameras are a lot clearer compared to the Dahua's and for the life of me I can't find a combination of settings on the Dahua's that helps very much. Hopefully this one has better IR.
That is funny because most people see it the other way around. Hikvision cameras are more noisy at night and Dahua is the clearer brand...

- - - Updated - - -

Overcon, what is your budget for a PTZ with IR? I can get a 1.3mp with 23x and amazing IR's for a decent price. On another note, this little ptz I just found out the price this morning from China and I ordered a couple of them. I won't see them for roughly a month though.
Price is confidential?

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A ballpark price would be ok.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is under 500, which the Dahua domes without IR are in the 500 dollar range. This one is cheaper than the 3x dome and the 12x dome.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the model number of the ptz you might sell vector18?
ty

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd love to get one, but unfortunately I just purchased a couple of cameras for other locations and can't afford to get another. I got good coverage as it is now, but I might go for one in the future. I am thinking of mounting on on my shed in the backyard on a pole getting it high enough that I will be able to see the house and the alley behind the house et cetera.

But do let us know how they look, work.

Especially the wireless if you got one of those. That would save me a lot of concrete cutting and conduit laying.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Just grab a $50 Ubiquiti Nanostation Loco M2, and use that to link back to your router.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. I haven't seen these units before. I wonder how well they do at managing the normal loss of wireless bandwidth when bridging. I'll have to read the tech specs and see if they have multiple channels and the ability to assign multiple SSID's. Though it probably wouldn't be a big deal considering it's only one camera. Though, unfortunately, i still have to get power out there :) But I think with that I could run piping along the fence line where it meets the porch, then bury the rest underground and then back up. That would remove the need to cut the concrete of the porch. Good idea, thanks for pointing out that company. They have a lot of nifty Wireless products.

Or I could put up a solar panel instead, which I think I might do.

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ubiquiti is great for wireless products. Ignore their cameras though (UniFi video), as the cameras are not compatible with any third party software, and are priced too high besides.

Regarding a loss of bandwidth when bridging, I'm not sure what you are referring to. If you mean the loss of bandwidth from using a wireless repeater, then that does not apply in this situation. You would use the Loco M2 as a wireless client station to take the place of a (non-existant) WiFi adapter in the camera, and due to the directional antenna the speed should be as high as possible for a 2.4ghz WiFi link at the location.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I am going to get one, a single 100W solar panel, a 12v battery a charge converter and an inverter and setup one up and see how it runs. I am hoping one battery will be able to run the unit overnight with the IR lights on. Well maybe I will use two, just that other than the camera the batteries are the most expensive part it seems. If this works I might even use this setup to put one on our 350 tower here at work! Then hook the camera up to the internet and let people see lovely, ehm, Hobbs / Lea Coubnty NM! :) I'll get one of those fancy Dahua's with the heater and wiper and 30x optical zoom.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, I thought I was getting it sooner, but it now seems like I should have them in about 3 weeks or so. I'll post pics of the actual camera and sample video once I get them. That 30x wiper PTZ is amazing. I had one for awhile.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
damnit vector18, if nobody grabs the other one from you I will.. after I get your impressions on it. Need to replace the mini-ptz on my front door with something that see's better at night and dont loose position so I can trigger presets with my home automation crap.

the frustration is for my bank account and credit limits :p

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll let you know when I receive them and post my reviews. Worst case, I'll sell both and order more.