New Dahua Setup?

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,
I just purchased the following from Andy and I am awaiting delivery. he had the (Logo / Branded) in stock for not much more $
I would like some help on initial setup. I am planning on running the 2 cameras direct to NVR plugged into my Network and an HDMI to my TV. The Main question I have is do I have to Initially set it up on the computer first or can I Smart Add it to NVR and adjust all the settings via the NVR? Maybe I am completely over thinking this. I would like the 59225 in the front yard to do auto tracking along with patrols and the 49225 will do patrols in the backyard. I am sure the night vision will be fine and I also have motion lights on the property.

(1) DHI-NVR52A08-8P-4KS2 (Logo)
(1) 49225T-HN (Logo)
(1) 59225UNI (Logo)
(2) Corner mounts.

Looking at this I forgot the Junction box, Dang it!

As it is these first 2 cameras will pretty much completely cover my property to get started. I do plan on adding a couple more fixed cameras. I might add the 5231 as it already has a microphone but I may chose a powered mic instead.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Any help greatly appreciated.
My personal advice would be to:
1) create a test bench: connect TV/pc screen to the NVR
2) power on the NVR, go through the setup screens (on TV/screen) - very easy!
3) temporarily install the camera's next to it, one by one. If you use the "internal" POE ports of the NVR: that is really easy: plug camera #1 in, it will be "autodiscovered". If you opt to "initialise", the NVR will take care of the full setting-it-up process. If you want to do it on your own (by pc & webbrowser), you might get more configuration options, but with the NVR you are sure that IVS/motion detection/compression are "compatible"
4) repeat step #3 for all of your cameras

If this test bench works, you are 200% that your equipment is not faulty. It would be ashame to climb up your ladder 100 times to discover that your UTP cable is bad (and not the camera).

For the rest: I suppose you have read the cliff notes, and even importantly: ordered those junction boxes as they are more than worth their money!

Have a nice day!
CC

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Excellent, That sounds pretty much plug and play the way I initially thought. I think my head got wrapped in with assigning IP addresses etc. etc.
Will Auto tracking be in the NVR or do I need the web UI for that? Also what kind of options are only available through the Web and can I get the camera IP from the NVR and log in that way to change these settings?

Thank again.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Pmedicj

Looks like a great setup coming up.

Feel free to share pictures when you do the bench testing, so that will inspire others here to do the same!