New DeepStack September Update Version 2021.09.1

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone given this a try yet to see if it offers any improvements?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Getting ready to try that version as well.

You have been successful with faces and BI?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike. That's what I was planning but thought maybe an overwrite would work. The DS uninstall doesn't appear to be really "clean".

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Remember most of these commercial anti-virus programs are not actually inspecting the code - they are simply looking at the total number of users that are using it, so a new file or something that the algorithm says not many people have, and it will come up as a virus. Train your own DeepStack custom model and it will say it is a virus too.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't noticed an increase in time with the new version, but the % is higher on most objects.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Does DeepStack install everything to the C:\DeepStack folder? I would like to be able to just rename that folder to 'DeepStack old version' or something and do a fresh install into a new DeepStack folder that way I could easily revert if I wanted to

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does DeepStack install everything to the C:\DeepStack folder? I would like to be able to just rename that folder to 'DeepStack old version' or something and do a fresh install into a new DeepStack folder that way I could easily revert if I wanted to
Yep, what I did when I went from CPU to GPU version was just changed it to DeepStackCPU and had both on there and then by just changing where BI looked for it, I had both to try against each other.

CAL7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgraded over the previous version and have not had any issues.
Is that as simple as executing the installer EXE (DeepStack-Installer-CPU-2021.09.1.exe) and letting it do its thing as though it was a new install?