New Firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_NP_Stream3_V2.800.20190807

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I've tried several resets using the internal button now. I tried one holding for 7-10 seconds, one holding for 30 seconds and one until the light turned back on. Still not working.

Thanks for your help Andy!
Have you try on a new cable to try? That is a little strange after reset camera dead, you sure he camera has been updated well?

Reaction score
Yep, just put it on a new cable and still doesn't work. The update went fine. Came back up, communicated with BlueIris, it actually displayed video in its onboard web management page which never worked prior to firmware upgrade.

Reaction score
Ok, I got it working!

I had to direct connect from the computer to the switch. Not sure why the standard procedure didn't work over the network (possibly firewall blocking something). I've always been able to find and initialize my other cameras just fine over the main network just by manually setting my IP. Once direct connected, the camera was discovered by config tool on 192.168.1.108 as expected. The other thing I found strange is that it required me to have check other segments selected to find the camera and it wouldn't allow me to use the initialize button. I ended up just navigating to the web configuration page and completing setup that way.

edit: if someone else tries the direct connect method and your accustom to using PoE, a standard 12vdc power supply will be needed. I just used my external HDD's power supply since it was handy...

Thanks all for your help.

dm33

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a new update beyond DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000014.0.R.191203 ?
Is there a website that has the firmware versions thats accessible or are they posted to forums like this?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a new update beyond DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000014.0.R.191203 ?
Is there a website that has the firmware versions thats accessible or are they posted to forums like this?
What exact camera are you looking to update?

goldriver

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have a general IPC-HDW4231EM-AS that I am trying to update with the general firmware (the one on the first post of this thread) trough the camera Upgrade interface and it does not work

If i go in the upgrade menu, I select the file (General_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000010.0.R.190807.bin) and then press the "Upgrade" button, the download seems to start but get stuck right at the begining (see attach image) and never continues
aaa.JPG

I tried rebooting the camera but always the same problem

Anyone have a hint on how I can fix this problem ?

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

I have a general IPC-HDW4231EM-AS that I am trying to update with the general firmware (the one on the first post of this thread) trough the camera Upgrade interface and it does not work

If i go in the upgrade menu, I select the file (General_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000010.0.R.190807.bin) and then press the "Upgrade" button, the download seems to start but get stuck right at the begining (see attach image) and never continues
View attachment 109264

I tried rebooting the camera but always the same problem

Anyone have a hint on how I can fix this problem ?
Reset cam to factory defaults.
Power cycle camera.
Make sure that you are using Internet Explorer, and nothing else.
The latest firmware is found in the download section of this site.
Try again.

goldriver

n3wb
Reaction score
@looney2ns do you mean hard reset from the reset button of the camera or factory reset from the web interface ?

I tried the factory reset from the web interface and it did not change anything