New Firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202.zip

Ckerch

n3wb
Reaction score
This might sounds obvious, but did you hold the reset button down for at least 5 seconds while powered. I typically hold it down for 10 seconds to be sure.I would also give it a good minute after power is applied to do any reset. That way it should be through the boot phase.
Though the command window, did you try to ping 192.168.1.108? Did you get any reply?

irarum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for suggestions. I am going try these now. I did hold the reset button for good amount of time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

irarum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you connect it to your router....then see if your router software shows it connected?
Strange! Router shows port active when connected directly. But don't see the MAC address in DHCP list. I hope the device won't change MAC address with firmware update. That would be opposite to "security". This gives me a ray of hope though!!

irarum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you set the subnet mask to 255.255.0.0? If not, try that.
After i did this, and ping to 192.168.1.108 per Ckersh, I get some packets back once. Then goes destination host unreachable. Again after few mins if I try, I get 25% or 50% packet loss but I do get ping back. I tried with a different Ethernet cable and its the same. Any thoughts? Could it be the power plug I am using? That is giving insufficient power?

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After i did this, and ping to 192.168.1.108 per Ckersh, I get some packets back once. Then goes destination host unreachable. Again after few mins if I try, I get 25% or 50% packet loss but I do get ping back. I tried with a different Ethernet cable and its the same. Any thoughts? Could it be the power plug I am using? That is giving insufficient power?

Is the camera connected directly to the pc or is it connected to your router? If connected to your router, I would suggest connecting to your pc either directly or via a POE switch if you are able to do so.

irarum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is the camera connected directly to the pc or is it connected to your router? If connected to your router, I would suggest connecting to your pc either directly or via a POE switch if you are able to do so.
Directly connected to PC. And 192.168.1.x.

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Directly connected to PC. And 192.168.1.x.

If you have a default gateway set up in the network settings, remove that. Is the camera normally run off the power supply or a POE switch?

Ckerch

n3wb
Reaction score
What happened when direct connect to PC?
Were you able to ping or connect to the camera?

darck

n3wb
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY I tried on a IPC-HFW5442E-ZE, as it matches the compatible model "IPC-HFW5XXX-ZE" (probably missing the 3), but even if the upgrade is marked as a success, the system version is still the same as before after the reboot. Guess it's not meant to apply to this model as this is the "Rhea" vs "Volt" firmware. At least it didn't break anything.

Code:
System Version: V2.800.0000000.0.R, Build Date: 2019-05-21
WEB Version: V3.2.1.736218
ONVIF Version: 18.06(V2.4.5.698080)
S/N: ***
Security Baseline Version: V2.0
It would be cool to have a web page that allow selecting the exact model and download all versions :)

Last edited:

irarum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you have a default gateway set up in the network settings, remove that. Is the camera normally run off the power supply or a POE switch?
That's already taken care of. Only ip and subnet mask given. No gateway. Normal operation is POE switch

irarum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What happened when direct connect to PC?
Were you able to ping or connect to the camera?

No use. Ping came back with 25 and 50% packet loss intermittently. But eventually destination unreachable. I did all this while disconnected from internet, directly connected to camera using Ethernet, power supplied using a 12v plug. It's weird how it sent packets back couple of times.

@EMPIRETECANDY any suggestions?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

No use. Ping came back with 25 and 50% packet loss intermittently. But eventually destination unreachable. I did all this while disconnected from internet, directly connected to camera using Ethernet, power supplied using a 12v plug. It's weird how it sent packets back couple of times.

@EMPIRETECANDY any suggestions?

Someone else had this happen semi-recently...all troubleshooting pointed to the camera (don't recall which) and Andy replaced the camera.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY I tried on a IPC-HFW5442E-ZE, as it matches the compatible model "IPC-HFW5XXX-ZE" (probably missing the 3), but even if the upgrade is marked as a success, the system version is still the same as before after the reboot. Guess it's not meant to apply to this model as this is the "Rhea" vs "Volt" firmware. At least it didn't break anything.

Code:
System Version: V2.800.0000000.0.R, Build Date: 2019-05-21
WEB Version: V3.2.1.736218
ONVIF Version: 18.06(V2.4.5.698080)
S/N: ***
Security Baseline Version: V2.0
It would be cool to have a web page that allow selecting the exact model and download all versions :)
It doesn’t match at all? Quite lucky that it didn’t brick the cam?

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's already taken care of. Only ip and subnet mask given. No gateway. Normal operation is POE switch

I would suggest connecting directly to the POE switch and not using the 12v plug for power to the camera.

darck

n3wb
Reaction score
It doesn’t match at all? Quite lucky that it didn’t brick the cam?
It just fakely installed the version. I guess there is a version check, and everything which is not a "Volt" firmware is not installed.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It just fakely installed the version. I guess there is a version check, and everything which is not a "Volt" firmware is not installed.
Looks like the Volt version is on the page 2nd Leaf linked. Go to this page Index of /images/Firmware
and sort by date so the newest is at the top...Volt is 4th from the top I think.

irarum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would suggest connecting directly to the POE switch and not using the 12v plug for power to the camera.
I would try that tonight and report my findings. I really hope it comes back.

irarum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Someone else had this happen semi-recently...all troubleshooting pointed to the camera (don't recall which) and Andy replaced the camera.
I really hope Camera works. Andy may replace it but it will affect my confidence in the product. I am thankful to this forum to point me to this camera. It was very good when it worked. My wife already thinks I am crazy to pick this over Arlo. I try to explain security cloud privacy etc but she is not into tech and thinks I am pretending to be a geek. And the hours I spent on fixing this thing on Dec 31st didn't help the cause. Sorry for venting. I wish Dahua web interface and update experience were better. And frankly that's the only negative for a great product with it's rich features, IMHO.