New Firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202.zip

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, never upgrade unless you have an absolute valid reason to, lol :D

This is why I'm always reluctant to upgrade w/o good reason. Since there seems to be ZERO information forthcoming as to why this upgrade is necessary or beneficial, I'll forgo the exercise.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
this firmware can be used for this model please ?
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z5E

BICK

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just installed v2.8-13 firmware on 2 identical HDW5231R-Z cameras, and Live View works fine with one, but not the other (just a circle loop). Tried both latest versions of Chrome and FF. Tried both substreams. Same result.

Next, installed the same firmware on 2 identical HDW4231EM-AS cameras and the same dang thing occurred - live view works for one but not the other.

Then tried the 1 day newer V2.8-14 firmware and it made no difference.

Lastly, upgraded NVR5208-4KS2 with latest firmware and live view for all 4 cameras via NVR works just fine. I can live with this more dead than live view anomaly but it sure is an odd result for identical cameras. So is this more likely a browser issue than some kind of random firmware issue?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Just installed v2.8-13 firmware on 2 identical HDW5231R-Z cameras, and Live View works fine with one, but not the other (just a circle loop). Tried both latest versions of Chrome and FF. Tried both substreams. Same result.

Next, installed the same firmware on 2 identical HDW4231EM-AS cameras and the same dang thing occurred - live view works for one but not the other.

Then tried the 1 day newer V2.8-14 firmware and it made no difference.

Lastly, upgraded NVR5208-4KS2 with latest firmware and live view for all 4 cameras via NVR works just fine. I can live with this more dead than live view anomaly but it sure is an odd result for identical cameras. So is this more likely a browser issue than some kind of random firmware issue?
Couple of things that could cause these symptoms, although you didn't specify your complete firmware upgrade procedure:
  • did you factory reset your devices before update?
  • did you factory reset your devices after update?
  • did you clear cache/cookies in your browser?

You might repeat these steps on the "failing" devices.

Good luck!
CC

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks @catcamstar for the advice! I got both cameras with the circleloop video issue working. Too simple. Under settings/Video most of the fields were blank and could not be changed until the "Default" button was hit, then voila - all better now! Interestingly, this was the only place where the original settings weren't restored after the update.

As to my upgrade process - I was going to do a factory reset first, but upon discovering that the configFileExport-CAM1.backup file would not import ("operate failed") I decided to do the firmware update as-is. It worked perfectly for 2 cameras. The other 2, just needed to reset the video settings to default. (Note: I now see there is a bug where the import fails if the backup file was renamed)

video.JPG

Last edited:

bugsysiegals

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought my cameras from Andy in 2018 with V2.622.0000000.31R build 2018-08-13. They're isolated from the internet so I'm not worried about any security vulnerabilities. That said, are there any new features or fixes to broken features in this update?

XrayZ

n3wb
Reaction score
I have IPC-HFW5231E-ZE now installed V2.800.0000014.0.R, Build Date: 2019-12-03
V3.2.1.826389ONVIF
16.12(V2.4.3.822559)
Use this camera as standalone with microsd 128gb about few month. From very beginning i see very slow network speed for data transmission. Even a switching between camera menu. Router Mikrotik works ok

arni7

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome I am looking for a link to a file in version 14 or a login and password for the dahuwa wiki to download, can anyone help?

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@arni7 In the first post, there is a doc with the ink for download the firmware, from Andy's dropbox

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone have any solid information (other than anecdotal) that 1-day-newer V14 is an important upgrade from V13? Anyone uncover any detail at all what changed to have warranted such an unprecedented re-release of the firmware?

All seems to be working fine with V13 on 4 cameras for me, and I would just as soon leave it that way. The "if ain't broke..." mantra doesn't apply if there was a critical security hole fixed or some other significant flaw that warrants this patch.

mmmburritos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have any solid information (other than anecdotal) that 1-day-newer V14 is an important upgrade from V13? Anyone uncover any detail at all what changed to have warranted such an unprecedented re-release of the firmware?

All seems to be working fine with V13 on 4 cameras for me, and I would just as soon leave it that way. The "if ain't broke..." mantra doesn't apply if there was a critical security hole fixed or some other significant flaw that warrants this patch.
As far as I know there's no changelog available, I just find it suspicious they felt the need to release a build one day newer than the previous one....the assumption being they found something serious enough to warrant another release so quickly after. Dahua seems spotty with firmware releases, they release firmware with broken features and wait months to address it if they ever do. So, very odd that they'd put out another release so quickly after, there must have been a reason.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, yes, I agree that there was likely something serious to have triggered such a rapid re-release, and not knowing what sure sucks. I did go ahead and update one camera to V14 earlier and did not notice anything different at all. Sigh, probably best to apply it to my other 3 cameras based on nothing but "huh, I wonder what they fixed that was so important".