New From Ohio

Killmon

n3wb
Reaction score
SO, what I want is to have an app like isyp running on my pc ip cam system at home and a mobile solution that does into sending any info to some third party. Is there a mobile app that can serve up the RTSP feeds and saved recordings, that is not sending info to any NON-local servers?

what is the network structure of a normal system? are mobile save content saved locally and served to the mobile device, or is it sent to some cloud serves that you access with your mobile device. I want to eliminate the cloud part.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The cameras you have are part of the equation - many consumer grade cameras require access to the internet.

So which cameras do you have?

Many of us use Blue Iris/computer combo as an NVR and keeps it all local off the net and then we VPN back into our home network when we want access to the video when away from home.

Killmon

n3wb
Reaction score
I can get any camera.. I do not mine OVER the internet. As long as I control where the data is stored ( my pc and my cell phone. I am looking for solutions where teh UI on the mobile is getting the data directly for my PX .. not someone else server.

SO, I am looking for an open-source UI app for my mobile device that can access data served up from my server at home.

Killmon

n3wb
Reaction score
So I do not want the app on the mobile device sending info to any company. or people that have access to any info.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any camera you let touch the internet has the ability for people to access it or use it as a bot attack. Most here do not have their cameras connected to the internet and have blocked them from phoning "home" (China).

That is what Blue Iris does....except it isn't a free open source UI.

Killmon

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah.... I apologize.. maybe I was not exactly clear.

I did not say I want a system that is not susceptible to attack. It is possible to hack your hard-wired systems.

I said I want a system that does not connect to another server... by design. I can deal with security... I need to know the name of a good app that is desired to allow me to configure what servers it talks to. Where is it getting its data feed? So I store content on my pc and I serve it from my pc to .. this mobile app.

Dose that exist? Or do I need to make one?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I said Blue Iris is not free, but it is cheap and does everything you want and more.

If there were something free that was better, folks here would be using it!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can do something similar with Dahua cams and the DMSS and SmartPSS platform, but most of us gave up on it (especially after you get more than a camera or two) and went with something more robust. It simply takes too long to pull up feeds and search and stuff. But it isn't open source.

Killmon

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I am fairly certain BI cloud hosts your vids... I do not want that. Well. Until I find or make my own mobile UI app, I will just use vlc on my mobile to view the RTSP feed of my cameras... and Remote into my desktop if I want to use the Ispy software onmy desktop to remotely view saved content.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SO, what I want is to have an app like isyp running on my pc ip cam system at home and a mobile solution that does into sending any info to some third party. Is there a mobile app that can serve up the RTSP feeds and saved recordings, that is not sending info to any NON-local servers?

what is the network structure of a normal system? are mobile save content saved locally and served to the mobile device, or is it sent to some cloud serves that you access with your mobile device. I want to eliminate the cloud part.
welcome @Killmon

I would recommend also checking out IPVM's page on this topic:

If you only have Dahua OEM cameras I would consider SmartPSS .. if Hikvision then iVMS-4200

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do not need BI cloud to use Blue Iris...that is an OPTIONAL fee service for folks that want that....

A one-time purchase of 60 bucks gets you the software to do what you want...

None of my videos are on the cloud....nor are most here that use Blue Iris...

Killmon

n3wb
Reaction score
welcome @Killmon

I would recommend also checking out IPVM's page on this topic:

If you only have Dahua OEM cameras I would consider SmartPSS .. if Hikvision then iVMS-4200

Yep, that is what I needed... I have installed some of these. but there looks like there are a couple I could use. I may need to set up a Lynx VM and run a lynx version.

Killmon

n3wb
Reaction score
You do not need BI cloud to use Blue Iris... which is an OPTIONAL fee service for folks that want that....

A one-time purchase of 60 bucks gets you the software to do what you want...

None of my videos are on the cloud....nor are most here that use Blue Iris...
but can you access their mobility using a BI moble app that is not tied to the hosting server?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us VPN back into our home network and use the UI3 app that is native to Blue Iris or the BI app and it pulls the video from our host server in the house. Our video and data is not going to the cloud, passing thru a 3rd party server, etc.

Killmon

n3wb
Reaction score
Most of us VPN back into our home network and use the UI3 app that is native to Blue Iris or the BI app and it pulls the video from our host server in the house. Our video and data is not going to the cloud, passing thru a 3rd party server, etc.
Ahhhhhhh... I will install it and try it out.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it has a free trial version. I tried that and within 30 minutes knew it was better than any free option out there, and blew away the app that came with the NVR I had.

Killmon

n3wb
Reaction score
oh, wait.not free

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In case you missed it as they came in the same time LOL - BI has a free trial.