New guy here...Security Tech from Vancouver, BC

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say your chats here have saved my day on so many occasions...I've finally decided to join to site hoping to help some other members from the experiences that I've gone through.

My CCTV equipment is all from Hikvision.

Question: Does anyone know of a 2 Wire Smart Doorbell that can be connected to a Hikvision NVR...I was thinking to just the DS-HD2 but then I read it wasn't ONVIF supported. What are my options?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you look at the Reolink doorbell? Reolink doesn't get a lot of love on this site but their doorbell is VERY good.
They offer a POE version and a Wi-Fi version.
I use RTMP to stream to Blue Iris, others use RTSP and I can see video using ODM; the doorbell's webGUI shows ONVIF port 8000.
On amazon reviews, for example, some say it does work with ONVIF, others say no (but I suspect they did not enable the port).

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ezviz DB1C is what I use. I like the physical design. Many video doorbells don't make it very intuitive which part is the button. DB1C is one of the best I've seen in that regard.

I'm quite happy with the video quality even though it is by far the lowest bit rate of any of my cameras. I don't expect much and it still surprises me. And the field of view is a full 180 degrees, not cut off at all which I appreciate.

Once I solved my wifi stability issues (which were more than just the doorbell cam), the only real problem is the button does not reliably trigger the chime in the house. But I don't really care about that too much. If someone needs to get our attention they can knock or push the button again and it usually works the second time.

Reaction score
Did you look at the Reolink doorbell? Reolink doesn't get a lot of love on this site but their doorbell is VERY good.
They offer a POE version and a Wi-Fi version.
I use RTMP to stream to Blue Iris, others use RTSP and I can see video using ODM; the doorbell's webGUI shows ONVIF port 8000.
On amazon reviews, for example, some say it does work with ONVIF, others say no (but I suspect they did not enable the port).
Will definitely check out Reolink in future...went with Ezviz cause its a subsidiary of Hikvision. So hopefully adding it in to Hik-connect won't be an issue. I shall know in a few hours.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Ezviz DB1C is what I use. I like the physical design. Many video doorbells don't make it very intuitive which part is the button. DB1C is one of the best I've seen in that regard.

I'm quite happy with the video quality even though it is by far the lowest bit rate of any of my cameras. I don't expect much and it still surprises me. And the field of view is a full 180 degrees, not cut off at all which I appreciate.

Once I solved my wifi stability issues (which were more than just the doorbell cam), the only real problem is the button does not reliably trigger the chime in the house. But I don't really care about that too much. If someone needs to get our attention they can knock or push the button again and it usually works the second time.
Yup I went and bought the new Ez Viz CS-DB1 wifi doorbell. Supposedly has a 3mp cam and still compatible with Hikvision NVR's.

Client forgot their password for the NVR, so gotta reset it and hook this bad boy up.
Will let you guys know how it goes...

Attachments

Reaction score
Well turned out pretty great...added the doorbell to an open port on the nvr...password is the verification code..no need for sadp tool.

Only hiccup was when viewing on Hik-connect in multi-cam mode it says error 246106 but when viewing the doorbell feed in a single cam mode it works fine..switching between BASIC and HD seems to refresh it.

I'm suspecting it's an IP issue as error 246106 is normally an IP conflict. But no conflicting IP was found.

It's a 4 channel Hikvision NVR
3 of Turret cams IP start with: 192.168.1.xx that connected to the NVR
Ez Viz Wifi Doorbell: 10.0.0.xx that connected via the Router to the NVR

Other then the error it works great.

Attachments