New Hikvision Acusense NVR or DeepInView NVR?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Physically what's the difference on the boxes? What are they running these deep learning algos on chip-wise?
I personally dont know what chips they are using to run these new algorithms seems not to be specified on either the data sheet or manual

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Today's example.
Last intrusion alarm was me getting out at 6:52:41.

cam1b.jpg

Later, at 8:50:57 a cat crossed the intrusion area, locked as a moving target, area polygon turned red,
but no intrusion alarm, no alarm beep on NVR and no notification sent.

cam1a.jpg

At file managment I can see that something got into the area (flaged) but no at the intrusion section.
All this with 2021 cam that suports only motion detection and smart analysis on NVR.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just purchased the DS-2CD2T46G1-4I (4 MP Outdoor AcuSense Fixed Bullet Camera) and will be testing out how well the Acusense really works in the camera. I feel as though the DS-2CD2T46G1-4I is the best Acusense camera available at this time and I'd rather be spending $180 to test the Acusense out rather than spending $645 on the Acusense DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S NVR (Hikvision 16-Channel AcuSense 256 Mbps NVR). If I'm satisfied with the new camera I'll be purchasing the DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check your link, it goes to the main Hikvision page
That is correct but if you use the pull down menu under products you will find the NVR section and then each model will have its own pdf files

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Appreciate your testing and can't wait to read your review.

I just purchased the DS-2CD2T46G1-4I (4 MP Outdoor AcuSense Fixed Bullet Camera) and will be testing out how well the Acusense really works in the camera. I feel as though the DS-2CD2T46G1-4I is the best Acusense camera available at this time and I'd rather be spending $180 to test the Acusense out rather than spending $645 on the Acusense DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S NVR (Hikvision 16-Channel AcuSense 256 Mbps NVR). If I'm satisfied with the new camera I'll be purchasing the DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
dimo, could not find the 2021 camera but did find the 2012. Is this the same or like yours?

Today's example.
Last intrusion alarm was me getting out at 6:52:41.

View attachment 52111

Later, at 8:50:57 a cat crossed the intrusion area, locked as a moving target, area polygon turned red,
but no intrusion alarm, no alarm beep on NVR and no notification sent.

View attachment 52112

At file managment I can see that something got into the area (flaged) but no at the intrusion section.
All this with 2021 cam that suports only motion detection and smart analysis on NVR.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is correct but if you use the pull down menu under products you will find the NVR section and then each model will have its own pdf files
Yea every camera, NVR etc has the normal data sheet and user manual and quick start up guide. Nothing is referenced in those on any Acusense product in regards to a chip that is running the Acusense.

Appreciate your testing and can't wait to read your review.
My hopes for the cameras technical capabilities aren't that high. It has at best decent specs listed with Lux levels and IR range, but who knows. I'm more interested in the Acusense and seeing if it really filters out false alarms like I am plagued with

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
dimo, could not find the 2021 camera but did find the 2012. Is this the same or like yours?
Sorry the full model name is DS-2CD2021G1-IDW1
It is a WiFi cam with build in mic, no POE, nothing special, bought to test mounting points views, now is testing NVR smart features
and at the end it will be used to give a general view and "cover the back" off other cameras.
Of course WiFi is and will remain disabled.

I bought (no black market) NVR cheaper but 180$ for that camera, is a very good price. Maybe I must tell my cousin bring me a couple from the States if she comes for summer,
even if I hope manage visiting "Land of Lincoln" myself, one more time and see how things are changed after 30 + years.
You should give me more info for USA market!!!!!!
I can find it at 180 euros plus taxes (witch of course I have a trick to avoid).

Give yourself (and camera) some time to "know its-other". The system gave me the impression that is actually learning. Works better now than before 2 months.
I am waiting for your review of course.

Last edited:

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry the full model name is DS-2CD2021G1-IDW1
It is a WiFi cam with build in mic, no POE, nothing special, bought to test mounting points views, now is testing NVR smart features
and at the end it will be used to give a general view and "cover the back" off other cameras.
Of course WiFi is and will remain disabled.

I bought (no black market) NVR cheaper but 180$ for that camera, is a very good price. Maybe I must tell my cousin bring me a couple from the States if she comes for summer,
even if I hope manage visiting "Land of Lincoln" myself, one more time and see how things are changed after 30 + years.
You should give me more info for USA market!!!!!!
I can find it at 180 euros plus taxes (witch of course I have a trick to avoid).

Give yourself (and camera) some time to "know its-other". The system gave me the impression that is actually learning. Works better now than before 2 months.
I am waiting for your review of course.
The DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S is listed on B&H for $545 Hikvision 16-Channel DS-7600NXI-I/P/S Series 160 Mbps NVR
The DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S is listed on B&H for $642 Hikvision 16-Channel AcuSense 256 Mbps NVR
And I found the DS-2CD2T46G1-4I listed 123securityproducts for $180 Hikvision DS-2CD2T46G1-4I 4 Megapixel IR Fixed Bullet Network Camera, 2.8mm Lens

B&H currently doesn't have the DS-2CD2T46G1-4I in stock or has ever carried it but I'm satisfied in paying $180 just to test out the Acusense. Like I said before the specs for the camera IMO are the best out of all of the Acusense cameras but still its specs aren't anything to rave about. I just hope I'm pleasantly surprised when I get it in and install it.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
coney27, how will you be able to test the camera without the software package to "activate" its features?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
coney27, how will you be able to test the camera without the software package to "activate" its features?
You do not need an Acusense NVR to have an Acusense camera run the algorithm on its own. Even when hooked up to a "dumb" NVR the Acusense runs the algorithm and filters out false alarms.

Attachments

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I guess I am missing something. How would one configure different cameras without access to this "algorithm"? Seems to me if would be a smart camera with a dumb terminal.

You do not need an Acusense NVR to have an Acusense camera run the algorithm on its own. Even when hooked up to a "dumb" NVR the Acusense runs the algorithm and filters out false alarms.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess I am missing something. How would one configure different cameras without access to this "algorithm"? Seems to me if would be a smart camera with a dumb terminal.
What are you intending to configure and how do you want access the the algorithm? I'm confused by your question.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I understand that the camera has smart analysis but how will you be able to see that result if your NVR can not interrupt this result. It would seem to me that there are certain parameters that are adjustable but that is why we do this testing.

dimo- is your NVR pentaplex- (record, playback, remote configure, view simutanteously?

What are you intending to configure and how do you want access the the algorithm? I'm confused by your question.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I understand that the camera has smart analysis but how will you be able to see that result if your NVR can not interrupt this result. It would seem to me that there are certain parameters that are adjustable but that is why we do this testing.

dimo- is your NVR pentaplex- (record, playback, remote configure, view simutanteously?
From what I understand the camera does the filtering out and determines if the activated alarm is false or is a human or vehicle and then sends the actual real alarm to the dumb NVR. I will test this out as soon as I get the Acusense camera.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been talking to Jessica via email at Hikvision concerning all the different specs, including on their on web site, and she said to go by the data sheet that is associated with that particular NVR only.
And yes the IWS4200 does perform Pentaplex function on these AcuSense NVRs.
if you log into B&H the DS-7608NX1-I2/8p/4s goes from 545 to 379 but the purple drives are a little cheaper on Amazon.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From what I understand the camera does the filtering out and determines if the activated alarm is false or is a human or vehicle and then sends the actual real alarm to the dumb NVR. I will test this out as soon as I get the Acusense camera.
I have the camera hook up the the regular nvr. I set the line crossing in camera and nvr. but camera filtered out the cat and dog....but not the nvr.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Excellent. I did purchase the DS7608 and since my NVR doesn't have line crossing ability in its software and/or camera, we will see what happens the other way. Only be using non-Hikvision cameras for the time being but they are ONVIF compliant.
I have the camera hook up the the regular nvr. I set the line crossing in camera and nvr. but camera filtered out the cat and dog....but not the nvr.