New Hikvision Acusense NVR or DeepInView NVR?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvision just released this video for Acusense

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok better video. We are waiting for a proper owners manual from Hikvision now.
The DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S is listed on B&H for $545 Hikvision 16-Channel DS-7600NXI-I/P/S Series 160 Mbps NVR
The DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S is listed on B&H for $642 Hikvision 16-Channel AcuSense 256 Mbps NVR
And I found the DS-2CD2T46G1-4I listed 123securityproducts for $180 Hikvision DS-2CD2T46G1-4I 4 Megapixel IR Fixed Bullet Network Camera, 2.8mm Lens

B&H currently doesn't have the DS-2CD2T46G1-4I in stock or has ever carried it but I'm satisfied in paying $180 just to test out the Acusense. Like I said before the specs for the camera IMO are the best out of all of the Acusense cameras but still its specs aren't anything to rave about. I just hope I'm pleasantly surprised when I get it in and install it.
Thank you Coney.
123 has a very difficult to use e shop. The price is about 160.00 Euros almost 30.00 cheaper from my country.
I must now find out the shipping costs from NY to Chicago, and tell my cousin buy a couple for me.
The only thing I don't know is, if USA models are ....."Europe compatible" or they will cause me any problem.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You might have issues if you run on PAL as the US runs on NTSC

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've read that the firmware is different between the two counties and my not be compatible with the NVR firmware
May need to contact Nikvision to be sure.

I am still waiting on my 4TB WD purple drive. Amazon lost it........ I had the NVR on my door step 20 hours after I ordered it. Been 12 days and counting........urgh!

Ok better video. We are waiting for a proper owners manual from Hikvision now.

Thank you Coney.
123 has a very difficult to use e shop. The price is about 160.00 Euros almost 30.00 cheaper from my country.
I must now find out the shipping costs from NY to Chicago, and tell my cousin buy a couple for me.
The only thing I don't know is, if USA models are ....."Europe compatible" or they will cause me any problem.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've read that the firmware is different between the two counties and my not be compatible with the NVR firmware
May need to contact Nikvision to be sure.

I am still waiting on my 4TB WD purple drive. Amazon lost it........ I had the NVR on my door step 20 hours after I ordered it. Been 12 days and counting........urgh!
Who did you order it through? B&H?

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear your results. Amazon couldnot find my Purple HDD so they are sending me another.

dimo ask a question earlier about grounding so I did a little testing with the NVR (no HDD of course). All grounding terminals for the I/On terminals and the NVR chassis are connected to the power ground (line cord) of the NVR. So as long as your home power is properly grounded everything will be good.

At the lower voltages of the I/O terminals it is important to use these grounging terminals as stray voltages could induce spurious voltages/noise and trigger these external alarms/lights.

Finally recieved my Acusense cam today. I'll set it up tomorrow and test it out.

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you ralphmouth. I will test with an ohm meter to see and I will tell you results.

NVR is powered by a UPS so I think that connects to earth through it.
For having alarm out to work (12 vdc relay, external powered , armed using a NO NVR alarm out terminal, as switch), I had to remove one of the 4 jumbers on the nvr board.
I have also problems making "one key disarm" (NVR 4.0 menu->System->Normal Event->Alarm Input-> Local 1) to work,
I must find time to run some tests for that also.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you ralphmouth. I will test with an ohm meter to see and I will tell you results.

NVR is powered by a UPS so I think that connects to earth through it.
For having alarm out to work (12 vdc relay, external powered , armed using a NO NVR alarm out terminal, as switch), I had to remove one of the 4 jumbers on the nvr board.
I have also problems making "one key disarm" (NVR 4.0 menu->System->Normal Event->Alarm Input-> Local 1) to work,
I must find time to run some tests for that also.
Most of the UPS I've worked with are isolated from source/output.
Since you are using a different voltage source for your alarm board, it should NOT be connected to the NVR grounding terminals. Doing so can actually result in a grounding loop which again can give you spurious alarms.

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for showing me the obvious I could not see in front of my eyes.
I think its called experience.
It is true, I will have 12v return to common earth when the NO alarm out change condition to closed (sorry for my bad "tech english").
Hmm I've got homework to do!!!
I will check also wall outlet ground with Nvr ground connectivity.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just ran across this review for an 8mp Acusense camera

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for showing me the obvious I could not see in front of my eyes.
I think its called experience.
It is true, I will have 12v return to common earth when the NO alarm out change condition to closed (sorry for my bad "tech english").
Hmm I've got homework to do!!!
I will check also wall outlet ground with Nvr ground connectivity.
Did you get your alarm to work? I noticed that when I removed the jumper on the output board that you lose your ground source.

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry not yet. This week I had to deal with russian Ip (Vladivostok) attack.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I went here
Code:
https://www.webkams.com/russia/primorskiy/vladivostok/24159 and didn't see any attacks.....LOL

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I read this thread with interest. I was about to buy 2 or 3 Acusense cameras as I desperately need good alerts with very few false positives. A CCTV company nearly talked me into parting with a lot of cash for Acusense cameras, they didn't mention Acusense being on some of the NVRs. I asked them about this and they quoted me a fortune £3k for an Acusense NVR!! But I have found someone selling (genuine) DS-7608NXI-I2-8P-4S NVRs for a fraction of that. Also, the Acusense cameras I nearly bought were 8mp, and I just don't need that kind of resolution to record stuff on my drive, 4mp is plenty. However I DO need those alerts! from all the research I have done (reading tons of different user manuals which are confusing at best, pathetic at worst!) the Acusense NVR can perform those same accurate alert features on a max of 4 cameras, and any camera will do, the software reads the image so in theory any other PoE cam should be able to work with the Acusense algorithm.

I have a suspicion they have made up a new name "DEEP LEARNING" - this is I think what they will call what we call "Acusense NVRs" in future, and i think it's purely an exercise in maximising profits. I don't believe they have more than one algorithm for these smart alerts.They just created a new name and the prices are massively different. I think they basically slipped up, they put acusense algorithm inside a few NVRs, then a few people (like us here) learned we could avoid the cost of lots of very expensive Acusense cameras (I am in EU btw, we get robbed blind here!) by just getting any old 4mp or even 2mp cameras combined with an Acusense powered DVR/NVR, and jobs a gooden! They caught on I think and are now separating things by confusing terms and proprietary names like "Deep Learning" etc. Just my guess, but after days of reading and watching their videos, I think they are heading that direction, Acusense CAMs and "Deep Learning" NVRs (which are NVRs with that bit of software on!). It actually got me wondering if some clever cookie might fancy hacking these boxes, somehow rip the firmware/algorithm off one Acusense cam/NVR, and flash it onto older DVR/NVRs!!

Can i ask a question of those people who have the Acusense NVRs - Do you have the tick boxes to choose alerts for only humans and/or vehicles? If so, sounds like I am good to go.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I read this thread with interest. I was about to buy 2 or 3 Acusense cameras as I desperately need good alerts with very few false positives. A CCTV company nearly talked me into parting with a lot of cash for Acusense cameras, they didn't mention Acusense being on some of the NVRs. I asked them about this and they quoted me a fortune £3k for an Acusense NVR!! But I have found someone selling (genuine) DS-7608NXI-I2-8P-4S NVRs for a fraction of that. Also, the Acusense cameras I nearly bought were 8mp, and I just don't need that kind of resolution to record stuff on my drive, 4mp is plenty. However I DO need those alerts! from all the research I have done (reading tons of different user manuals which are confusing at best, pathetic at worst!) the Acusense NVR can perform those same accurate alert features on a max of 4 cameras, and any camera will do, the software reads the image so in theory any other PoE cam should be able to work with the Acusense algorithm.

I have a suspicion they have made up a new name "DEEP LEARNING" - this is I think what they will call what we call "Acusense NVRs" in future, and i think it's purely an exercise in maximising profits. I don't believe they have more than one algorithm for these smart alerts.They just created a new name and the prices are massively different. I think they basically slipped up, they put acusense algorithm inside a few NVRs, then a few people (like us here) learned we could avoid the cost of lots of very expensive Acusense cameras (I am in EU btw, we get robbed blind here!) by just getting any old 4mp or even 2mp cameras combined with an Acusense powered DVR/NVR, and jobs a gooden! They caught on I think and are now separating things by confusing terms and proprietary names like "Deep Learning" etc. Just my guess, but after days of reading and watching their videos, I think they are heading that direction, Acusense CAMs and "Deep Learning" NVRs (which are NVRs with that bit of software on!). It actually got me wondering if some clever cookie might fancy hacking these boxes, somehow rip the firmware/algorithm off one Acusense cam/NVR, and flash it onto older DVR/NVRs!!

Can i ask a question of those people who have the Acusense NVRs - Do you have the tick boxes to choose alerts for only humans and/or vehicles? If so, sounds like I am good to go.
I completely agree with you when you say Hikvision created this random "deep learning" NVR just for the European markets. I follow a CCTV installer from the UK on YouTube DVSLTD . He has posted 2-3 videos now about the new deep leaning NVR . Every time he does refer to it he states that it is a iDS NVR. To me it seems to be the same exact NVR as the DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S but offers 300mb upload, compared to 256 mbps for the Acusense and runs the "deep learning" algorithm on all connected cameras not just 4 cameras compared to the Acusense. I suspect this is the model is demo is iDS-7716NXI-I4/16S(B) .

It seems the DeepinMind NVRs offered in the European markets and significantly more expensive than the US market ones and offer different capabilities than the US ones too. Just recently as Hikvision released their updated spring of 2020 product guide I noticed they updated the US product line of NVRs which included taking away many of the DeepInMind NVRs. They now only offer two iDS-96xxxx models DeepinMind NVR which is different than the European models offered.

I'm not quite sure why Hikvision does this as it would seem to me to make more sense to offer the same products in all your global markets for customer ease and product availability.

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, totally agree. And someone once told me why companies do this, not sure if its tax related or public liability/warranty related. There was a reason, a silly one though I think. It may just be so they can release firmware etc for model-specific items, so they dont have to make say a US version of firmware (and power NTSC etc) for you guys, and a uk version with identical model number for here.
Anyway, you're right, the new ones do 16 channels of smart alerts, but I can get one for less than half the price which only works on 4 channels and that will work for me. I may take the plunge shortly. I plan to save money buying cameras with only the resolution I need, for example by one gate i only need very close up footage of faces, so I don't need anytghing fancy, and a nice cheap used one like this will do! Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I CCTV Camera A | eBay

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.