New Hikvision Acusense NVR or DeepInView NVR?

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PS, for anyone in UK or EU - I did all the research and the cheapest price available from a reputable supplier is this one here @ £850 - Hikvision 16 Channel DeepinMind 12MP NVR H265+ with 16 PoE Ports iDS-7716NXI-I4/16S(B). in case that helps anyone. I won't be going for it, too expensive, but a lot cheaper than others. For instance miecctv.co.uk (who also have a busy YT channel) quoted me.... deep breath..... well let me quote what they said:
"Hikvision do offer a ‘DeepinMind’ NVR which does allow Acusense detection to work on non Acusense cameras, the only downside is that they only offer this NVR as a 16 Channel and the cost of the NVR alone (without any Hard drives) is £1300 + VAT."
Yeah, i did tell you to take a deep breath! f*ck that!

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have attached screen shots of the data sheet for the iDS-7716NXI-I4/16S(B). As I said before the only real difference I can see is the upload limits and the fact that this NVR isnt just limited to running the smart algorithm on just 4 cameras like the US Acusense version is.

Screenshot_20200209-094723_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20200209-094742_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I would love to get some clarification from Hikvision ( which I know is near to impossible) or from anyone else for that matter, who might have a better idea or understanding why this NVR is being implemented in different markets worldwide.

I just hate the idea of spending over $600 in the US for a NVR that is going to be out preformed by the next new NVR during the next product cycle.

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I read the specs on both thoroughly earlier and the only differences I could see were the two you mentioned, plus the "B" which (allegedly) is a slightly newer algorithm on the intelligence/behaviour analysis stuff.

I hear you on the last point too.

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I keep seeing HiLook 'by Hikvision' - they look identical, but half the price. I don't usually try to cut corners, but since this is such an expensive exercise, does anyone know if these things are basically the same thing with different badge? If so, it would be crazy to spend double just for a damn badge!

Tokens

n3wb
Reaction score
I keep seeing HiLook 'by Hikvision' - they look identical, but half the price. I don't usually try to cut corners, but since this is such an expensive exercise, does anyone know if these things are basically the same thing with different badge? If so, it would be crazy to spend double just for a damn badge!
HiLook by Hikvision cams are low spec cams with cheaper (smaller) sensors etc. They are not the same.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am seriously confused right now, hoping someone with more knowledge can clear this up!
I am looking at Hikvision NVRs with Acusense (or just called human/vehicle identification). It appears there is a PoE model (DS-7716NXI-I4/4S) and Non-PoE model (DS-7616NXI-I2/4S).
What I don't understand is that the non-PoE model has only one LAN port. So does this mean some other device is needed, and can it really distinguish (and record) 16 channels of high def video from 16 different channels via just one RJ45 input?! That seems like a bottleneck to me! If it can do that, it MAY be a way for me to reduce cost, if I got one of those plus a network switch or whatever is needed, as the PoE model NVR is twice the price of the non-PoE version. Just curious, if anyone has any idea? thanks

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My non-PoE DS-7716NXI-I4/4S model (not iDS, not B), has 2 LAN ports.

ds-7716nxi-i4_4s_back.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm doing some trial indoor testing with a US DS-2CD2146G1-IS that I picked up a few days ago. Latest firmware is installed, and I do all my motion sensing using the camera rather than an NVR. I'm not sure if its characteristic to the G1 series or to Acusense, but basic motion detection is unavailable by default. It can be enabled, but then all the useful advanced motion sensing (Intrusion, like crossing, region entrance/exit) become disabled. I find that to be a bummer because I like using a combination of basic and advanced motion sensing. I've experimented a little now with Intrusion Detection and Line Crossing. The camera is rather slow to decide that its detecting valid motion for either motion detection method. Doesn't matter whether I have "human" target enabled. For scenarios where the motion moves through the camera's field of view fairly quickly (within a span of three seconds), if there is no pre-record enabled, the camera will not record what actually triggered the event. For the same reasons, event-triggered snapshots totally miss motion passing by the field of view in less than five seconds. Increasing frame rate doesn't help. The slowness is rather disappointing. My DS-2CD2145FWD-I and my DS-2CD2T35FWD-I5 both suffer from this same issue, but I don't recall them being this bad.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger and order the DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S NVR. Recieved it today and the thing is a beast compared to my DS-7608NI-I2/8P. I'll be setting it up tonight and hopefully can throw a review up within the next week or so.
20200305_145728.jpg

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SNAP!! I am expecting mine in next few days. Can't wait!

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Kewl! How many total cameras will you have when done?
How many Acusense "slots" are available on this model. I know on mine, 7608NI-I2/8P (same as yours) it is four.

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
four as well i think, not actually got around to digging into the settings yet

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The models listing "iDS-...." is the DeepInMind models which is the high end. The cheaper "AcuSense" are the "DS-....NXI....". there is a difference between the two. Acusense is roughly $500< and the AI for it will differentiate human/vehicles from everything else. Then again depending on perspective it will sometimes show a human as a vehicle or a vehicle listed as human. You don't need to have Acusense cameras on an Acusense NVR. Acusense NVR will let you use up to 4 regular "dumb" cameras and the AI in the NVR will filter out the false alarms. Anything about the 4 "dumb" cameras will require an acusense camera if you want AI for it. DeepInMind is the high end AI unit. It also detects human/vehicles but it takes it a step further and uses behavior. For example is the human just walking like normal or crouching/hiding? DeepInMind units start at $2000.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanxs lewis. I did look into the DeepInMind but it was just for home security and in my opinion a little over kill. I did try a camera from from my other system-Lorex-and while it did capture and record video, it would do little else. So I bought a 2H85 Acusense camera so I could get a feel for the system before adding any other cameras to the Nikvision system.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just getting a Acusense camera by itself and adding it to a regular NVR works great also. Usually you would log into the acusense camera and set up the "AI" portion. That way the camera uses it's AI to filter the results and then pass those results to the NVR as events.

GLO

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi lewic,

Given it can use 4 dumb cameras and utilise the onboard Acusence in the NVR, could 4x dumb cameras be used to monitor the sides and back of house, where there is less likely intrusion, and then use Acusense cameras at the front of house with the built in Acusence to define the tresspass alerts?
The models listing "iDS-...." is the DeepInMind models which is the high end. The cheaper "AcuSense" are the "DS-....NXI....". there is a difference between the two. Acusense is roughly $500< and the AI for it will differentiate human/vehicles from everything else. Then again depending on perspective it will sometimes show a human as a vehicle or a vehicle listed as human. You don't need to have Acusense cameras on an Acusense NVR. Acusense NVR will let you use up to 4 regular "dumb" cameras and the AI in the NVR will filter out the false alarms. Anything about the 4 "dumb" cameras will require an acusense camera if you want AI for it. DeepInMind is the high end AI unit. It also detects human/vehicles but it takes it a step further and uses behavior. For example is the human just walking like normal or crouching/hiding? DeepInMind units start at $2000.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had many conversation with Lorex on this and it appears that the camera must support or have "VA"(-virtual analytics I believe) and/or the same built in to the camera. My Lorex does not support VA so they would not work as such. If your camera(s) do support this, then they should work.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi lewic,

Given it can use 4 dumb cameras and utilise the onboard Acusence in the NVR, could 4x dumb cameras be used to monitor the sides and back of house, where there is less likely intrusion, and then use Acusense cameras at the front of house with the built in Acusence to define the tresspass alerts?
Yes. You can specify which ones to use the NVR's onboard AI. Example of this would be when you log into your Hikvision NVR and under "Events" there is a box to check for "Enable Dynamic Analysis". That is the same concept. Click on it to use the onboard AI. Unchecked then it won't. If you have Acusense cameras then you would set AI up on the camera and on the NVR side, make sure AI is not checked.